Thread: explorer's guild2?

Default explorer's guild2?

What going on with this guild? Shouldnt they be call expansionist guild? their assigments always go for pure aggresion, capturing cities from faction that i never ever had any problems with. I destroyed their guild after they give me a mission to capture saragossa from papal states Do we need them for something anyway?

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Default Re: explorer's guild?

:s the explorer's guild never gave me missions of that kind ^^
    Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 18:44.
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

The guild gives graceful traveler to agents and sometimes generals. I usually refuse this guild when it is offered, never taking more than one. I have seen few benefits to having it and missions I don't like are always ignored.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Returning to the topic, the explorer's guild should focus on exploring the map, and establishing relations with distant cultures as missions, not military objectives. Someone dropped the ball on this one.

Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 18:45.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I think i usually get capture settlement from Nobles, Explorers guild has only given me Annex Settlement, meaning buying or trading it to myself.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 18:45.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

I was under the impression that it also raised income from trade, but on reflection I don't think that was actually in the building description. A mystery!
    Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 18:46.

Mission's description like "it would be better for you and our business if you take this city into you territory" is a typical text example for "it would be better if that would be ours, not theirs". I understand it if we would talk about cities of nations that im currenty at war with but they always wanted to go for peacefull territories. They dont give you annex settlement missions, royal court give you such missions, explorers leave it to you how you do it. when i played as bad guy i did two of such missions and price for it was lousy 40 florins, like they would say "the price is right, we dont care about you coz we are better and you should be finding new city and new war to be more of a reward".
    Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 18:47.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is at least how I've understood this forum, any mod may whip me as he sees fit for that

Back on to the original topic, the explorers guild in this game doesn't just represent explorers, it also represents the explorer with a dozen greedy merchants at his back, as well as the greedy merchants by themselves, looking for new areas to do trade. In that light, having the explorers guild give missions to conquer a new place for them to trade doesn't seem odd.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 18:48.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Cleaning will reopen soon.

Edit: I wanted to copy this thread to the Monastery to continue the other discussion, and just deleted it from the original in the Citadel. But changes here also affected the copy and that discussion is now lost. Sorry.

Edit 2: fixed https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=89221
    Last edited by TosaInu; 07-31-2007 at 23:42.
    Ja mata

TosaInu