Thread: I've tried this. It's great.

Default I've tried this. It's great.

The Europa Barbarorum of Barbarian Invasion. Invasio Barbarorum. Total conversion, total fun. That's my Invasio Barbarorum.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Default Re: I've tried this. It's great.

many thanks.

in the next version - that will presumably be ready in september-october you will face a new building system for huns and hephtalites (possibly also for barbarians) that will be similar to the nomad one in EB. also, there will be a new and very complex system of traits - nationality, religion and so on will be somehting to look for. also, there will be a system of "class" and "subclass" that could give a 'fantasy' flavour :)

many things will be also explained in a nice welcoming message :)

Team Member
    Invasio Barbarorum modder

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

I enjoy this mod quite a bit myself :) In fact IB has inspired some of the new Roman features I've designed in EB!

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

really?

to me is happening the opposite, i'm currently developing a new trait system... is such a long work.... +4100 traits by now. and there will be nationalities in such way you never seen them. once finished, EB give me the idea of the biography :)

Team Member

This mod is indeed GREAT! I have downloaded it yestereday and I am pretty impressed (thanks to this mod I have slept like only 3 hours). Really this mod rocks. And I would like to thank to all who works/worked on it, amazing work guys! I will have lots of fun hours while playing Invasio Barbarorum, with all those interesting faction I want to play for. I have a quite a dillema now, to be honest I am still not able to decide for which faction I am going to play first. I am most tempted to start either as Franks, Sassanids, Slavs, Lombardi or Hephthalites and of course western and eastern romans are very tempting also.

And I think that originally poster hited it right when he said:
    "The Europa Barbarorum of Barbarian Invasion. Invasio Barbarorum. Total conversion, total fun. That's my Invasio Barbarorum."
    Really this mod gives similar depth, fun and atractivness to Barbarian Invasion as Europa Barbarorum does to Rome Total war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bactron
    This mod is indeed GREAT! I have downloaded it yestereday and I am pretty impressed (thanks to this mod I have slept like only 3 hours). Really this mod rocks. And I would like to thank to all who works/worked on it, amazing work guys! I will have lots of fun hours while playing Invasio Barbarorum, with all those interesting faction I want to play for. I have a quite a dillema now, to be honest I am still not able to decide for which faction I am going to play first. I am most tempted to start either as Franks, Sassanids, Slavs, Lombardi or Hephthalites and of course western and eastern romans are very tempting also.

And I think that originally poster hited it right when he said:
    "The Europa Barbarorum of Barbarian Invasion. Invasio Barbarorum. Total conversion, total fun. That's my Invasio Barbarorum."
    Really this mod gives similar depth, fun and atractivness to Barbarian Invasion as Europa Barbarorum does to Rome Total war.
    thanks again :)

next version will be even better, so stay tuned.
    if you like easy victories and large emires, try sassanids. a good player always know how to expand them :)

by now i'm deep in study and I cannot work a lot. BUT the next version will feature a complex trait system for nationalities, religions. approximately up to 15 including "heresies" but they will be regarded as they were, another form of worship; tough, due to RTW system only major religion will be represented ingame: Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Judaism, Manichaeism, Buddhism.
    Several new building will enhance the differences among cultures, and possibly nomad and huns will have a totally different building tree.

and many more to come...

Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae

BUT the next version will feature a complex trait system for nationalities, religions. approximately up to 15 including "heresies" but they will be regarded as they were, another form of worship; tough, due to RTW system only major religion will be represented ingame: Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Judaism, Manichaeism, Buddhism.
    Several new building will enhance the differences among cultures, and possibly nomad and huns will have a totally different building tree.

and many more to come...
    That sound awesome. I am literally drooling mostly over that nationality trait system (in my opinion nationality trait system is one of the best EB feature) So it will be very sweet to have it in this mod also. I can't wait for the next release!

And I will definitly try the Sassanid empire but later (Sassanids really hooked me up thanks to this mode, so I spent some time searching some infos about them on the net). Yesterday I have chosed Franks and I have played couple of turns (I love the frankish general bodyguard unit) for them but then I discovered that there is that cool script in options folder. (I didnt know about it before) So I activated it and started new campaign with full script as Burgundi. They are very cool faction also (starting as a horde is so much fun), I have managed to lead them peacfully through teritories of my germanic brothers and I attacked and besetteled the first western roman city (I signed alliances with Franks, Allemanis and Visigoths) and then I conquered two near provinces in Gaul. So that is my progress so far. I have to repeat myself THIS MOD is GREAT. And the fact that you are still improving it makes it even better.
    Last edited by Bactron; 08-16-2007 at 22:45.

hmmm im confused. recently i downloaded Europa barbarorum and im having a great time playing it, but from the opinion of people here who have played both, which is more fun? and if i do wanna get invasio barbarorum do i have to have barbarian invasion installed? (pretty sure i do but i wanna check first)
    i always preferred barbarian invasion to RTW, and i suppose maybe ill feel the same way about the mods! well thought id just check, cheers!
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

1- you need barbarian invasion patched to 1.6
    2- both mods are fun; EB is obviously more developed, since it has been around before than IB. the periods are very different, so the gameplay.

Team Member

what would you say the main difference is? because iv always preferred BI because id love to play as the western empire and try and save the crumbling remains of what once was...and btw is it possible to have both IB and EB? or is it one or the other?

Post Re: I've tried this. It's great.

Hi Long lost Caesar,
    Good news! It's possible to have both installed at once. EB is for R:TW 1.5 while IB is for BI 1.6. Due to this, there is no need to make a choice between them both.

Hope this helps, enjoy IB, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

haha awsome, cheers m8, ill be getting it asap!

This does look great!
    In the absence of orders, find something and Kill it - Erwin Rommel

Wow i just downloaded this yesterday what an amazing mod! I was scared $#!%less by the Visigoth hordes in Italy when i started Imperium Romanum Occidentalis campaign. A worthy sequel to EB !

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarAugustus
    Wow i just downloaded this yesterday what an amazing mod! I was scared $#!%less by the Visigoth hordes in Italy when i started Imperium Romanum Occidentalis campaign. A worthy sequel to EB !
    Strictly speaking, Invasio Barbarorum is not an 'official' sequel to EB, in that the teams working on the mods are completely different. (recently, there've been a lot of assistance from EB people though ).
    But, in the context of timeframe, then IBFD is a logical progression from EB (wait till you get a load of the alternate campaigns planned for IBFD)
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

thank you Ramon and IB-team for this great mod, it's the best one, I ever played!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae
    : Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Judaism, Manichaeism, Buddhism.

1)will the Zorostrianism and Paganism get some much needed love?

2)will Jewish and manichean family members and temples be available?

3)Will Christianities traits finally make sense (Being an Arian amoung the the Arian Vandals probably wouldnt be a big deal)?
    Roma locuta est. Causa finita est

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras
    1)will the Zorostrianism and Paganism get some much needed love?

2)will Jewish and manichean family members and temples be available?

3)Will Christianities traits finally make sense (Being an Arian amoung the the Arian Vandals probably wouldnt be a big deal)?
    there will be, for sure, loong work on them....

Team Member

First time I checked my post since I wrote it ha.

Yeah, when I played the (center?) Roman empire, I too was like shit! Visigoths up my @ss! But the map, factions, much more brilliant than vanilla BI

I'll fire up another campaign soon, but I'm quitting smoking this week soooo.... I'm just scruging the internet for things to do till the nicotine fit wears off...

One question though. Is 7.0 and the 7.3 upgrades the lastest work?

And remember... the hippa laws apply to mods as well, no talking about other mods in other mods' forums without the expressed concent of the mod in question!! They all are good, take alot of detail, hard work, and patience, so my advice is.... if you think you'll like it, try it!! And most modders respect each other, even of other mods. (It's a guild or labor union type thing)
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

One question though. Is 7.0 and the 7.3 upgrades the lastest work?
    Yes they are, these were last two public releases

For the very limited time I played this mod, I did like it. It seemed a bit unstable, but that's probably my own fault to due extensive modding of the game.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Frequent CTDs have been a real pain but we have managed to find one of the main reasons

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...7&postcount=19
    Last edited by Hans Kloss; 06-22-2008 at 12:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae View Post
    thanks again :)

Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Judaism, Manichaeism, Buddhism.
    The sub devisions of the various faiths could be accomodated by merits and flaws for example a Roman would be a 'Nicean' christian so Arian would be a negative trait wereas a Vandal would be an Arian so would have 'Nicean' as a negative trait. Since this is an area of specialty for me (I wish to be a Historian) I can knock up a list of Pagan and christian sub-factions if you wish?

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
    The sub devisions of the various faiths could be accomodated by merits and flaws for example a Roman would be a 'Nicean' christian so Arian would be a negative trait wereas a Vandal would be an Arian so would have 'Nicean' as a negative trait. Since this is an area of specialty for me (I wish to be a Historian) I can knock up a list of Pagan and christian sub-factions if you wish?
    there will be something similar in the upcoming Imperium Julianorum 3
    I'll be pleased to see your knowdledge in this field

sorry about the lateness, busy life

Paganism/Heathenism overview:
    Paganism in the context of the period isnt really a religion per-say, more a series of belief systems labelled rather crudely boxed into one area this makes trying attempts to define it a tricky proposition since it is all things to all people. It's plausable to be a monotheist or a Polythest or even a Deist within the 'religion' Here's a few of the sub divisions

Mystery religions: this is where Mithratic shrines in game come from, mystery rights are simular to christianity in their strong internal structure and deviation from social norms. They typiccly claim to have some sort of big secret which initates are let in on. This all goes on behind closed doors and is rather secretive. Notible mystery religions are the Eleusinian Mysteries, the Dionysian Mysteries, the Orphic Mysteries and the Mithraic Mysteries.

Note: many of these will overlap with christianity in the following centuries as it proceeds to dominate philisophical thought

suggested trait

Mystery intiate
    +1 influece +1unreast +5% pagan conversion

Theurgy

Strongly linked with the neo-Platonists and technicly monotheistic in a simular manner to hinduism. Theurgy emphasises mysticism and unity with God,heavily involved in High ritualised magic in a simular manner to Hermetic mysticism (in my opinion).

suggested trait

+1 to moral, +1 to influence, +5% pagan conversion

Neoplatonism

also monotheistic and with a sort of dynamic panentheism, This is julian the apostates Religion of choice, stong emphasis on purity of thought, incorperates traditional Deities into itself. Ideas on Evil heavily influenced early christian Philosophy.

suggested trait:

+2 to management, +10% pagan conversion

Roman Imperial cult

The worship of Dead emperors is in decline within this period although the self-aggrandation of Christian rulers as semi-divine will continue for centuries. Essentially the idea that succesful emperors are promoted to Gods-rather looked down upon in well read circles if the play The Pumpkinification of Claudius is anything to go by

+10 to law,-1 management +10% pagan conversion

traditional Hellenic/Roman religion

Slowly in decline even prior to christianization and under siege from mystery cults and the slide in intellectual circles towards monotheism nontheless it finds supporters in high places such as emperor Diocletian and the Average Roman in the street

+2 influence, -1 to unrest, +10% pagan conversion

Heathenism

loose term for non-Roman pagans, covers a broad variety of Gods, belief systems and cultures: only relavent if charecter is roman.

+2 to unrest, -1 to influece

Suggested additional auxileries

pontifex maximus (title)
    Vestal virgin
    Mystery religion priest
    Theurgist
    Neoplatonist philospher
    Heathen priest (barbarians)
    Shaman(nomads, huns)
    "az Isten kardja," the sword of God (Holy relic, Huns)

Suggested buildings:
    total war standard Pagan temples: probably along the lines of: Mystery cult temple (EG Mithras), Traditional pantheon of some sort (EG:Jupiter or Mars)and an Imperial temple (Sol invictus or an dead Emperor), I'd be temped to add another tier to barbarian shrines as well
    Lesser city shrines: possibly 2-3 single tier shrines to other gods within a pagan city or a building representing a temple district or whatever

Christian overview

Christianity is in an unusual position in the period one hand its traditionally been a messiac cult with apocalyptic overtones on the other its found itself heavily tied to the status quo-something it's traditionally railed against. Something has to give....

The only real change i'd note removing Arian heretic trait from Gothic and Vandal traits list and Replacing them with 'Nicean' (later be known as Catholic) I'd also be tempted to do the same with Pelgian in the Romano british but that would be a 'what if?' arc
    Last edited by Mithras; 07-31-2008 at 10:02.