Thread: Assassins and Kings

Default Assassins and Kings

Assassination missions really earn a lot of dreadful traits for your king. I had a high chivalry, max authority king, but about a dozen assassinations wrecked him completely.

Should assassins be reserved for certain targets only? ie other assassins, spys and rebels?

If you start with a dreadful king, do assassinations increase his authority?

Default Re: Assassins and Kings

Using assassins gives you authority and dread traits, like malevolent leader. So you gain dread and authority with many assassinations. Even if your original king was Mangudai the Mean, with mean traits, he can still get meaner traits with each kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangudai
    Should assassins be reserved for certain targets only? ie other assassins, spys and rebels?
    My personal opinion is yes, based on my play style. I became weary of agents back with the uber Geisha in STW. I use them sparingly as with all my agents really... However assasins have to be trained up, so there in lies the paradox.

If you start with a dreadful king, do assassinations increase his authority?
    You know I dont really know about the authority.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

You cant train a good assasin if you dont put him in action. And assasins are good way to make authority points for morons on throne.

Going assassin crazy is a good way to make a dreadful & authorative King. For this reason, I generally try to make all my faction heirs dreadful. If playing a campaign that starts out with a Chivalrous king, I hold off on making & using assassins until he starts to get pretty old.

Does anyone know if sabatoge missions increase the FactionLeader assassin traits? This might be a good way to train assassins under a Chivalrous leader.

All you need is to check the traits and ancillaries files which have also the triggers that make your king dreadful and authoritarian.

Example from export_descr_character_traits.txt file :

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger agents8
    WhenToTest LeaderOrderedAssassination

Condition MissionSucceeded

Affects AssassinMaster 1 Chance 100
    Affects DeceiverVirtue 1 Chance 5
    Affects StrategyDread 1 Chance 50

... and for the sabotage thing I found only this trigger (notice only 5% chance to increase dread) :

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger agents17
    WhenToTest LeaderOrderedSabotage

Affects Despoiler 1 Chance 100
    Affects DeceiverVirtue 1 Chance 5

I also found a website about this on other posts : http://noctalis.com/dis/totalwar/ (the links you need to check are at the top of the website)