Thread: Battle of the three Kings

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Default Battle of the three Kings

I was playing as Germania and took Samarobriva from the Brits. They didn't seem to like that so they sent their faction leader, faction heir, and a 3/4 stack against me. I had a half stack comprised of My Faction Leader, 4 german warbands, 3 skirmisher warbands, 2 merc warbands, 2 barbarian cavalry, and 1 naked fanatic unit. I decided to gamble and attack them in the open field. My original plan was to lure them into my phalanx with my skirmishers and flank with my mercs and cavalry. Unfortunately I messed up and lost both my cavalry right away. However, my skirmishers started routing and the enemy faction leader chased after them. He ran right into my spearpoints and died. The enemy began a mass rout but it didn't last long and my phalanxes were to slow to take advantage of it. I was using my faction leader to try and kill the routing units before they regrouped but he was attacked by the enemies faction heir(Now their leader due to the fact I killed the first leader earlier in the battle.) I ordered him to make a retreat behind my line of phalanxes. He made it behind the line of phalanxes but one lone chariot broke through and killed him. luckily the enemies general was now stuck in the middle of my units. and I killed him. Because of the enemies earlier rout their forces weren't real coherent so I just had my units gang up on theirs to win the battle.

Okay if anyone was counting that's 3 faction leaders dead in one battle Anyone else have this many faction leaders die in one battle? Anyways once I can build a port Brittania will be totally defenseless since I think I killed their entire army.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Default Re: Battle of the three Kings

Wow! Now that is impressive, i've never seen such a battle myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I have won battles when the whole (destroyed) family was there.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Post Re: Battle of the three Kings

Three faction leaders dead is a very good record. I admire that record woad&fangs - I've only ever had two, in effect, die. They were my own though!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Three faction leaders dead is a very good record. I admire that record woad&fangs - I've only ever had two, in effect, die. They were my own though!
    Look who is back!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

In war laws are silent.... Member gaiusjulii's Avatar

oNLY thing close to that was i lost 5 faction members in one battle against the macedonians, Phalanx and horse not good combination
    My Neighbour is my enemy, my allie is my enemy i dont trust...

A war fought for security is just, anything else is Mass Murder....

I r guy who gun t33ch u lss0n Member Maxinius Scipio's Avatar

I remember one time I was playing as the Brutii and two of my generals were killed by a single unit of Egyptian Chariots.

But in the end I beat the Egyptians.
    "Did you like the performance?"

- Augustus Caesar's last words

I was playing as SPQR and banished the Brutii's and the Scipii's from the Italian peninsula then I turned my attention to the Julii. They attacked me first with a 3\4 stack and a young family member. I won that and killed the general, then I took Ariminium, another family member killed. I then trained up an assassin to 8 subterfuge, sent him into Segesta to take out another Julii family member whilst I was laying siege to their capital so they had 3 family members remaining, I attacked with my Faction Leader and a decent army, I killed their Faction Leader first (is it Tiberius Julius) then Lucius Julius who stupidly attacked my Triarii head on leaving their new faction leader, some kid called Decimus sitting alone on the plaza who I surrounded with infantry ( I sat my Leader behind them), battle over, minimal losses, julii destroyed, not yet I was so wrapped up killing poor Decimus I totally forgot about their remaining forces which i thought that i had killed, two units of hastati surrounded my Great General and he perished, 4 Faction Leaders Dead!