Thread: Settlements: File Formats; Take 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Settlements: File Formats; Take 2

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    I have no expertise in this area but this seems like a very complex problem that could be easily solved by CA if they were willing.

Does anyone fancy the idea of a petition by modders addressed to CA with the objective of allowing the building in M2TW and Kingdoms to become available for modding?

I am not volunteering to lead this idea but a lot of people that are the best modders of the community seem to be interested in this and allowing the buildings to be moddable would show CA's goodwill towards the community and encourage modders to do even more extraordinary things.
    Believe me, a petition would have the same effect as swatting a locust in a swarm of two billion.

CA management isn't prone to show any goodwill to modders or even consider the idea. What help we got was because certain individuals (mainly Caliban and Palamedes, with the help of a few programmers) really tried to push things in our favor - but even with this, very little came out of it.

It simply looks like the bigwigs at CA and SEGA aren't interested in modders at all. They tolerate us, but they don't try to help us. If anything, they at least didn't try to stop their subordinates helping us, either.
    Last edited by alpaca; 10-07-2007 at 13:03.