Thread: Newbie ?: How to whack a Hojo Geisha

Member Member jskirwin@yahoo.com's Avatar

How does one kill a geisha? I have a Honor level 2 Hojo geisha knocking off my generals at Normal level. I'm sending Ninja after her, but so far nothing. I'm actually invading provinces simply to run away from her.

Any ideas?
    Ceterum Censeo delendus est Bin Ladin.

Methinks that there are only two ways to kill a Geisha.

One -- have a very, very experienced or very, very lucky ninja attack her.

Two -- use your own Geisha, although if it works they *both* die.

------------------
    He is justly served; It is a poison temper'd by himself.
    He is justly served; It is a poison temper'd by himself.

Southpaw Samurai Member Ii Naomasa's Avatar

Laertes has supplied the direct answer. If you currently don't have the ability to build either a horde of ninja or a geisha of your own, one way to stall is to use ports.

If it looks like a good general or an heir/daimyo is targeted, move him to a province with a port and sail him to a far port. Often (granted, I have limited experience with enemy geisha, as I try not to give them time to make them) it seems that geisha will walk to where the target went instead of sailing, so you'll buy yourself a few seasons to work on your counter-geisha units.
    Naomasa Ii
    Vices & Virtues:
    Verbal Diarrhea: This general can't ever say or write anything in less than three paragraphs. Can't even yell 'Charge' without a soliloquy. -3 to command.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Darn Geishas. *grumbles*

What a pain they are. I have never ever got a Ninja to kill a Geisha! My honor 4 died in an attempt. Honor 4!!! How good can these crazy ladies be?
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

That's why my first building is a ninja house...you use ninja's for counter-espionage and rotate them around till they are all level 3 then mob that frickin bitch but good. (course, i've usually got my Geisha stabbing Daimyo's faster than you can pluck a hairpin)

Geisha should be optional (for the Nth time on STW boards worldwide)! She is the STW equivalent of a nuke. Historically inaccurate (geisha lived pretty much in their own world of the mizu shobai and were disconnected from politics), and ridiculously powerful (how does a level 3 whack a level 6 daimyo without everyone she knew who ever thought kindly of her being beheaded?), it's the flaw in a gem.

You ask how a woman, presumably beautiful, socially graceful, and most likely talented in bed as well, can get close enough to any level general or Damiyo? It's pretty safe to assume that the Geisha (in the context of STW) must be an exquisitely charming & beautiful assassin to succede so thoroughly. God knows I could have been whacked by a few women I've slept with. Think of all the delicate parts we trust to a woman's hands & mouth...

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

If whacking a hojo is anything like spanking
    the monkey, you guys...... hehe

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Ah yes,remember the rose has thorns.I have killed geisha with ninja,but it is no sure thing and took numerous attempts.I have also used Naomasa's strategy and sailed from port to port with my Daimyo to keep a step ahead of the harpie.Try to find the enemy province that is training these geisha and attack it to destroy the geisha house.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I managed to slap an annoying Geisha, but I set 5 Ninja's on her at once, one an Honour 3 Ninja and 2 Honours 1's.

Managed it tho'.

------------------
    Above all things, to thine own-self be true.
    "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Oh Shai thanks for that, i was eating when i read your post. Into my head pops this image of the .geishax. secret dance scene cheat, being used to whack a Hojo.

Imagination can bring us so much Joy

A while ago,TWO geisha where killed by the ninja !! I was the hard mode and I was the Usegia. (spelling??)
    Takeda war banner: Swift as the wind
    Silent as a forest
    Fierce as fire
    Immovable as a mountains
    EasyCo Dojo

From our perspective it may seem plausible for a woman to kill a daimyo. I've seen La Femme Nikita. And a recent movie on USA Network had Attila the Hun being poisoned by his wife on their wedding night - which fits with the history. (But seriously I don't watch too much tv, really!).

I would like to hear from the developers how they justify this character historically. If a daimyo died by a geisha - even if there were suspicions of it - her family would have been killed. Cousins, aunts, uncles. Young old. Dead. And the geisha house where she came from? Wiped out. There was no presumption of innocence here. We're talking about the same honor code used most recently in the occupation of China which held that a village was responsible for any misdeed by a member of the village.

And the Japanese wonder why their's is such a "safety" country.

JK