Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood - Part One - The Theft of The Reliquary - [Concluded]

Post The Brotherhood - Part One - The Theft of The Reliquary - [Concluded]

Introduction
    Tongues of silvery moonlight shone down upon St. Thomas’ abbey. The sky was completely clear with not a single cloud floating overhead. The whole area was silent, with little more than an odd rustle in the trees to cause any form of disturbance. Yet something abnormal also seemed to be in the air, something dangerous - the kind of night in which people felt that something terrible was going to happen.

The almost perfect silence was instantly broken by a small group of hooded and cloaked men upon the backs of three black horses, radiantly shimmering in the light. Each one carried a large leather bag and a small pouch containing stale water. After taking a quick swig, they dismounted from their horses and marched in a threatening militaristic line towards the abbey’s doors. They threw them open and walked inside, striping off their heavy cloaks to reveal grubby and stained monk’s robes and carelessly shaven heads. As they marched onwards, each step echoing through the old stone hallways, each one of them produced a weapon of some form from their bag. Menacingly holding them, they continued, towards the monk’s residences. The monks didn’t know this yet, but the following few weeks were going to be incredibly tough.

The Monastery, Abbey and Reliquary of St. Thomas, Suffolk, England, 1205. Several evil thieves have infiltrated the abbey and the order of monks with the aim of stealing all the priceless holy relics locked within its reliquary.

If you have not played mafia before, then this thread may be able to help you out with the basics.

This game will have goals similar to those of the majority of other mafia games. The thieves aim to obliterate the town till they gain the majority, while the monks aim to remove the threat before the thieves can take over.

The traditional twenty-four hour day/night phases will be stuck to in this game. The time limit may vary slightly though to allow for any problematic circumstances though.

All monks of the abbey, with the exception of one group of “special” monks can, during the night phase, in groups of three, either attack or protect a player from harm. If you wish to perform one of these actions simply PM me with the names of your partners and your target player. Any groups with fewer than three participants will more than likely fail in their efforts and members may also be killed in the action. Any member of a group who don’t PM will not be added to the count.

Normal rules apply - no screenshots and no quoting of Role PMs. Also no quoting of chat logs or of inter-player PMs is not permitted either. The dead can post, but may not discuss their role or anything revealed to them privately that is not already in the public eye. Players who break the rules will be instantly removed from the game through the force of the WoG.

As stated the WoG will exist in this game and players whom do not vote in the day phase for three consecutive rounds will suffer it. I would replace WoGed players, but I don't feel that enough interest has been shown in becoming a replacement for it to be worth the effort.

This game is currently in play. Thankyou to all for joining.

Currently In - 19
    Andres
    Beefy187
    CountArach
    Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca
    GeneralHankerchief
    greaterkhaan
    Ichigo
    Killfr3nzy
    Orb
    pevergreen
    sapi
    Sasaki Kojiro
    shlin28
    Stig
    Tran
    twilightblade
    Warmaster Horus
    woad&fangs
    Xdeathfire
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 08-09-2007 at 09:27.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Brotherhood - Part One - The Theft of The Reliquary - Large Mafia Game

First!

Welcome back btw.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: The Brotherhood - Part One - The Theft of The Reliquary - Large Mafia Game

In!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

In.
    Welcome back. Good holiday?

BTW, I would suggest reducing the time for nights. 48 hours might be too much.
    Last edited by Warmaster Horus; 08-05-2007 at 18:23.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Post Re: The Brotherhood - Part One - The Theft of The Reliquary - Large Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus
    Welcome back. Good holiday?
    Fine thanks. It was a little bit warm and parking the car was horrendous with the Women's British Open on, but other than that, it was perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus
    BTW, I would suggest reducing the time for nights. 48 hours might be too much.
    Hmm, I was not quite sure about this issue as I, along with several others, had the problems of organisation across several time zones in games which similar teams were required. I'll leave it as an item up for debate for now, but, if others make the recommendation, then I will try to adjust it to a more suitable arrangement. Thankyou for pointing the potential problem out.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 08-05-2007 at 18:32.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

IN

48 hour nights sound good, the time zone differences do make coordination hard.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by woad&fangs the mafia
    48 hour nights sound good, the time zone differences do make coordination hard.
    What a silly excuse, you'll be lynched in day 1
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Keep in mind that there is never much discussion going on during night phases, so 48 hours of in thread silence might kill the game.

On the other hand, a 48 hour day phase might generate more discussion and thus more actual participation. It would also be more difficult to explain non participation in the thread if each day lasts 48 hours.

Maybe both day and night 48 hours would be best and more fair?

Oh, I'm in btw.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I'm in!

I'm going to 24 hrs day and night, since I think its the better.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

48 hours night will make sure the game dies overtime. Not having to look at a thread for 2 days kills it.

Maybe you should allow performing night actions by proxy?

For the mafia, each mafioso can send you the kill orders for his buddies as well in case they can't get their orders in in time?

The townies or the pro-town roles can pm you and tell you : 'I give proxy to 'player' to decide what night action I'm going to perform'?

As I understand it correctly, three regular townies can perform a night action. If it's allowed that two of them give the power to a third one to pm the host the orders of the night, there shouldn't be any problem I guess, since at least one out of three will be able to pm the host in time. And if all townies get the results of their action, it might be an interesting addition to the game, will: "number 3" be trustwhorthy or not? It'll certainly be very interesting if you include the rule that the dead cannot talk about the night actions they performed while being alive.
    Last edited by Andres; 08-05-2007 at 19:57.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Post Re: The Brotherhood - Part One - The Theft of The Reliquary - Large Mafia Game

I've taken a look at your suggestion Andres, and I think that it could work and be an integral feature of the game. Sadly though, although I appreciate the suggestion, unfortunately, I don't wish to integrate any major changes into the framework of the gameplay at this stage - my sincere appologies for any problems caused. I'll reduce the time-scale to 24 hours to avoid the problems which you have notified me of though. Thanks.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 08-05-2007 at 21:37.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

In/
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

Part of the pever brigade! Member Killfr3nzy's Avatar

Inage.
    Try the .org's first and biggest mod for Empire: Total War! Vanilla Extended Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    That's nice for you but not everybody is peversiBlacktacular the mod-god
    - Goodbye, Lilee-Jane -

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

For such a cool name, I shall be in.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

In.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

In.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Could Stig, Andres and pevergreen please confirm their participation. They have shown interest, but have not specifically stated their wish to join. Thanks!
    I confirm my participation.

Ja mata, TosaInu

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bah, Im trying to start an Ichigo thing.

He has the soapbox, I have the bow.

(So bow = in therefore pever = in)
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

my thoughts = pever seeming to be talking in programing language

If yes then

Else
    wonder what pever is doing
    End If
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

If it's fine with you guys, I'll start in about sixteen/seventeen hours. Interest seems to have died down slightly, so I am beginning to doubt that I will receive any more players that I already have. I'll PM some die-hard mafia players though, in hope of attracting their interest.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 08-07-2007 at 18:02.

In.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

in.

Sorry guys, but the sign-ups are now closed. The game will commence once Role PMs have been distributed. Thankyou for signing-up!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Are you sending roles out tonight Omanes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    Are you sending roles out tonight Omanes?
    Yep - I'm on to it right now.

I'm sorry, but I've concluded that perhaps a re-start may be in order. I've made several mistakes in role assignments as well as in PMs - some don't read fluently and may be self-contradictory. The sign-up phase will continue for another 24-hrs while I re-phrase all of the PMs to a more understandable level, re-write my introduction and clear up some minor mistakes I overlooked in the gameplay. I'm extremely sorry for the problems which my disorganisation has inflicted upon you and will try and rectify all issues soon. My appologies again.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 08-08-2007 at 17:35.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast