The thing I dislike the most about the TW series is the fact that players or factions can go to war any time they want. This isn't just realistic or possible and extremely frustrating to have cities being sieged turn after turn by an "army" of 2-3 depleted unit of the enemy.
It usually took a long time (depending on the situation and nation) to assemble armies, collect the required food and equipment, send emissaries when needed and prepare war plans.

I remember that in either STW or MTW you were sometimes informed that this or this nation is preparing for an offensive at spring or that kind of information (although not always true, which is just normal) by sending a spy at one of the enemy province on the strategic map while you could build watch towers and border forts (giving you both information about neighboring provinces such as troops and buildings as well as giving you protection as hidden agents)

Also, in MTW, players could, if the Pope did not call for a Crusade, if playing catholic factions, "build" crusade counters costing money and then send it to war like in M2TM but with some differences.

Here's my question (after a lot of talking I know ) would it be possible, with the M2TW engine and the modifications we can do to it, to mod something what would represent military preparations of a nation for war (meaning time, money and information it gives to the enemy) in the form of "crusades" ? Either MTW or M2TW crusades

And to make "war counters = crusades" preferable if not required, maybe units basic movement could be reduced or movement penalties could be given if units are moving in enemy territories and are not part of a war counter or whatever possible others possible rules to simulate military campaigns.

So here's my idea so feel free to comment it whatever it is possible or not to implement it.

Thx