Thread: Installing EB from a CD...

Default Installing EB from a CD...

Hello, forum veterans.....

Being unsuccessful in finding an answer to my question on the GameFAQS forums, I have come here and registered. Now here is my predicament:

Having seen/read the improvements of EB over vanilla RTW, I now have a desperate urge to get this mod. The only problem is is that I have an EXTREMELY slow internet connection, and downloading EB would literally take days...so, what I am wondering is....is it possible to download EB, and then burn all of the installation data and other modding-realted stuff onto a disc, and then install it onto a different computer from the disc? If so, I would be exponentially happy, as I would be able to get EB through my friend's internet connection.

Thanks for responses, they are greatly appreciated!
    "Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"~~Archimedes

Default Re: Installing EB from a CD...

Yeah, I do that from time to time. Download the mod itself, then go ahead and download any of the patches you want also so it won't take any extra time. Burn them and bring 'em home and install them. Get the Europa Barbarorum v0.81a Full Install (which has the "a" patch already in it). Then some of the ones on this page if you like. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=82256

None of those are in the v0.81a, so you'll have to get them separately. The first one on that link is the most important one it seems. You'd probably cruise fine for a long time with that alone on your build. Good luck! We need to get EB on more of these gaming DVD's!

Thanks you, Telekos Archelaou! Just one more quick question: Will a CD-R (700 MB) handle all of EB, or should I use a DVD-R (4 GB) ?

A CD will be fine. It should fit on that. 383 MB it seems. (weird, I just had a totally different file today that wsa 383 MB too. ).

Thanks again! Man, do I look forward to having regular coloured infantry clothing....I was really getting tired of using BRIGHT PINK Eastern Infantry as Parthia in vanilla RTW.....although it was humourous....

Thanks for the help, Teleklos Archelaou!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen the Mighty
    Hello, forum veterans.....

Being unsuccessful in finding an answer to my question on the GameFAQS forums, I have come here and registered. Now here is my predicament:

Having seen/read the improvements of EB over vanilla RTW, I now have a desperate urge to get this mod. The only problem is is that I have an EXTREMELY slow internet connection, and downloading EB would literally take days...so, what I am wondering is....is it possible to download EB, and then burn all of the installation data and other modding-realted stuff onto a disc, and then install it onto a different computer from the disc? If so, I would be exponentially happy, as I would be able to get EB through my friend's internet connection.

Thanks for responses, they are greatly appreciated!
    For anyone else who has this problem.
    A pen drive (if u have available USB ports) also works great, and it's a lot quicker than burning files onto a CD. U only need the 512MB size, which by now is really inexpensive.

Or you could use an SD card; if your PC can read such cards.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinusCDXX
    For anyone else who has this problem.
    A pen drive (if u have available USB ports) also works great, and it's a lot quicker than burning files onto a CD. U only need the 512MB size, which by now is really inexpensive.

+1...I just got a 4GB thumb drive for $35
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin