Thread: unrest bug.

Default unrest bug.

I've got unrest bug. I dont know why it remain. I played roma during 50years.
    It's 200turn. huh? but ALL of my occupied terriories have got unrest as ever.
    It seems they basically have 15%unrest. Not spy, Not war and Not front line.

I have save file for it.

http://pds46.cafe.daum.net/attach/4/.../46b66053ce7cd

please help me!

I reinstall RTW , EB and start new campaign but it happened as ever.
    Last edited by doxofra; 08-06-2007 at 13:29.

Default Re: unrest bug.

Culture? Leaving lot's of foreign buildings in place means keeping the cultural friction intact - hence the unrest may rise. Tax is another one.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

No. It's just "UNREST"
    Not tex penalty and not culture penalty.
    If you play my saved game, you can see that.

Except Roma, capua ..etc (the city given romani at the opening part of campaign), all of my city have unrest.
    Last edited by doxofra; 08-06-2007 at 15:37.

I dont see having some unrest as being a problem. I think its natural for a settlement to have some unrest for many, many years after it is invaded and occupied...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Well, it's hardly surprising why you've got your unrest.

Cities with a hughe distance to the capital;
    Cities with low, no or negative population growth;
    Cities with lot's of culture penalty;
    Cities with lot's of squalor;
    Cities without garrisons;
    And all of that being automanaged.

=

Unrest.

If I were living in one of your settlements, I'd be unhappy too.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

He's talking about unrest as in the unrest effect on settlement happiness, not as in rioting due to low happiness. I'm pretty sure my conquests settle down to no unrest after 3-5 years though. I'm not sure if the things Tellos mentions cause a lingering unrest.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: unrest bug.

In my experience newly-conquered territories tend to have long-lingering unrest as well. Not sure what causes this, but it's pain because they require a big garrison. Guess that's realistic, but I would like to know what causes this unrest to disappear in some settlements, but not in others.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    He's talking about unrest as in the unrest effect on settlement happiness, not as in rioting due to low happiness. I'm pretty sure my conquests settle down to no unrest after 3-5 years though. I'm not sure if the things Tellos mentions cause a lingering unrest.

Yes. thats what i mean
    As far as I know, causes of unrest are

1. Enemy spy (15%)
    2. Sea trade route get problems. (20%)
    - I'm not sure about this but most of uncertain unrest is this case.
    They had port and its sea trade city was my enemy.
    3. Front line (?)
    4. Rebell (?)
    5. just be conquested city ( -5% per turn )

But in my case, All of my conquested city have unrest.
    If you play my saved file, you know that.
    its nearly kill me!!

Well, I meant unrest in the sense of people being unhappy with your rule - not neccesarily revolting against it.

Again: your cities are the most gruesomee places to live in, if I have to believe the settlement details scroll.

And I played your save-game. How else would I know that you don't have a garrison in Kirtan? Eh?
    - Tellos Athenaios

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Well, I meant unrest in the sense of people being unhappy with your rule - not neccesarily revolting against it.

Again: your cities are the most gruesomee places to live in, if I have to believe the settlement details scroll.

And I played your save-game. How else would I know that you don't have a garrison in Kirtan? Eh?

Thx for played it.

And as i metioned, my point was two swords form's unrest. not whole
    'public order'.

as far as i know different culture buildings are not causes of unrest.
    Its causes of culture penalty. like this tex penalty, different culture, distance to capital,
    buildings(give health bonus or law)..... they all have own penalty or bonus to
    public order. its not related to 'unrest'

Except cites given at the opening campaign, all of my conquested cites
    have unrest. just remove my general and see detail menu. you can see
    15%~35% unrest all of conquested cities.

I searched in EB forum and i found that no one have gotten this bug.
    And now i am nearly give up about this. I think its not EB's bug but my
    RTW's problem. Anyway thx. and sorry for poor english
    Last edited by doxofra; 08-06-2007 at 19:56.

Consider lowering your tax rate. Low tax rate will emphasize the benefits of your rule, and help combat unrest. Unrest is also reduced by having a spy in your newly conquered settlements.

After your cities consider themselves blessed with human instead of artificial rule again, you can safely raise the tax rate to normal. Any tax rate beyond normal is foolish: it will fan the flames of disorder and most notably increase the amount of rebels in your provinces.
    - Tellos Athenaios

I see what you mean, even in taras you have 35% unrest. i found it strange that moving the scipio family member from rome into taras increases public order by 20% yet further increased unrest by 10% making it 45% total. Bringing in further troops increases unrest another 5% to 50%. The unrest from distance from the capital is a seperate unrest and is 10%. Removing all army and generals drops unrest to 35%. I even sacked the city and executed everyone and after the innitial unrest decline its 35%. alliances and changing faction leaders and war doesnt have an effect, neither does taxes(this is listed as tax bonus/tax penalty) So i guess 35% unrest in taras and other places is constant but it is the same in my game as well so maybe it is just normal to always have unrest? It shouldnt be a problem though, all the public order positives are added up and if they are equal to negatives you have 100% public order and it works up or down from there.
    Last edited by Iasonis; 08-07-2007 at 21:18.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I've noticed Taras always has an unrest problem as the Romans no matter what you do. I've never figured out why though...

Does each city have a minimal unrest%? Like the rebellion rate

I'm not sure, but in Invasio Barbarorum Flagellum Dei it sure seems so, many of the settlements there have 80% unrest all the time.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryuga
    Does each city have a minimal unrest%? Like the rebellion rate
    Yes, example below:

Quote Originally Posted by Iasonis
    I see what you mean, even in taras you have 35% unrest.
    Taras is in the Kalabria region, which has Tarentine as its rebel faction (see descr_regions.txt). If you check in descr_rebel_factions.txt for Tarentine you'll find that their "chance" is 7. This means that any occuiper who isn't their default assigned faction (also found in descr_regions.txt) will suffer a unrest penalty of (5% * chance). Which is 35% in this case.

More info on this, and other things unrest related, can be found here, in the Ludus Magna forum.
    Last edited by therother; 08-26-2007 at 20:36.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by therother
    Yes, example below:

Taras is in the Kalabria region, which has Tarentine has its rebel faction (see descr_regions.txt). If you check in descr_rebel_factions.txt for Tarentine you'll find that their "chance" is 7. This means that any occuiper who isn't their default assigned faction (also found in descr_regions.txt) will suffer a unrest penalty of (5% * chance). Which is 35% in this case.

More info on this, and other things unrest related, can be found here, in the Ludus Magna forum.

Oh. how nice. Thx a lot therother!!