Thread: giving france musketeers

Default giving france musketeers

The title says it all really does anyone know what files i have to mod to give france musketeers like spain and portugal? thanks
    king of scotland M2tw hotseat campaign.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: giving france musketeers

You have to change the ownership line in export_descr_units.txt

is that all? thanks its easier than i thought
    Edit does export_descr_units.txt need to be unpacked?
    Last edited by sirnoob; 08-10-2007 at 13:14.

in the good ol' US of A. my brothr is in the Airforce, and i am proud of what he does for his country.

if it isn't already, then yes. it will be in your data folder. follow the instructions here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=76289

to unpack your files without messing up the game.

Alpaca, are you sure that's all? i've changed owner line info before and all my pictures for the unit moddified had pics of peasants with daggers, which is the default pic when no pic is found for that country.

for instance, if i were to go to the shell with HRE and type:

create_unit Frankfurt "ME Bombard"

i would be given a bombard unit when i am in battle mode, but my army screen would show the little guy with a dagger instead of a middle eastern bombard unit.

in fact, i just tested it and giving France Musketeers does work, but it doesn't give France the musketeer pic. it's the little default dagger guy.
    "Signatures tell the forum who you are. If you make jokes, you are a clown. If you leave serious quotes, you take things seriously. If you challenge the owner of the forums, you are a malcontent.

The Owners are like a government. If you make jokes, they laugh. If you make serious quotes, they keep an eye on you, while probing public opinion on your remarks. If you challenge them, you are a threat." - me on the SWG forums before they censored my sig

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Well from a coding point of view it's all, but from a playing point of view your units will neither have a unit card, nor a texture.
    To add a unit card you have to create one in data/ui/units/france (copy that of the French unit), adding a texture is a bit more complicated but there should be a tutorial on it if I'm not mistaken.

no i'll be ok with peasents with daggers thanks for your help.