Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D units and previews

Default 3D units and previews

This post is regarding to all kind of previews that have been created for Kingdoms.
    As I understand Kingdoms is about to come out at august which is quite soon,
    but all that was shown to us about the game are 15 units (out of 110)
    and 2 campaign previews out of 4.
    what do you think this means?? maybe the game will be published after the date it is supposed to be??? post what ever you think about this issue..

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: 3D units and previews

Well the 3rd campaign video has just been posted, and like with M2Tw only a small number of units will be previewed.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

I think it's only marketing management in effect...

Send a teaser and you'll create a buzz but keep a few surprises or the release will be a let-down...

just my
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

i have yet to see any additional units for the main campaign. however i have my fingers crossed.

Now you mention it, mad cat mech, is anything going to be added to the main campaign?

well i can tell you already that teutonic campaign will be weird one because one of the most important faction in this history, Poland, is taken from fantasy. People that bring teutons into their lands and eventually beat them are secondrate in this campaign. Polish fansites did a petition about this but ca just told them its too late.

What do you mean by Poland, is taken from fantasy?

Are you saying Poland did not exist at this point in history, or that the way it is depicted in the game is completely wrong. Can you explain?
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

i saw a screenshot with burning oil at the gates in the teutonic campaign. i assume it will be added to the main one. also patch 1.3 is supposed to be a compatability patch so that all expansions and the original games units can be used on multiplayer.

there is supposed to be some kind of fix for spearwall units or at least for pikemen. however i would prefer a fix for the halberdiers in spearwall so they perform better.

Didz,
    lets just say that Poland in m2tw is hardly acceptable to polish history-known fans. i could explain this to myself, we didnt do much spectacular in those years to be dominant force. but, the vision of upcomming expansion is worst that that. polish-teutonic war is our history and we are showed in kingdoms like some stupid monkeys in the middle of fire.
    we Polish already know that Poland will be the only old faction in whole Kingdoms add-on that will not have any new units. We will even lost all lithuanian-like units. The most laughtable thing about this is the fact that lithuania will get a heavy cavalry.CA wants so badly to create a campaign showing crusader's order fighting pagans, that they will show Lithuania as dominant force in this history. Some western guys could even think after playing incomming add-on that in real history we, Polish, needed union alliance to survive againts those crossed spiders.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/kingdoms/petition.html read the details of this petition if you want to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz
    What do you mean by Poland, is taken from fantasy?

Are you saying Poland did not exist at this point in history, or that the way it is depicted in the game is completely wrong. Can you explain?
    Some Polish gamers have taken offence at the level of new content shown to date.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Old world nationalists complaining about the content of a notoriously pseudo-historical computer game series. Yawn.

I suspect that is going to be the response from CA, because
    - They have never responded to complaints of this sort even though about a million billion of them are made before every game is released
    - They never will because it would simply encourage more complaints
    - Australians care even less about how Eastern Europeans feel about events that happened 700 years in the past than the English do.
    Last edited by Furious Mental; 07-22-2007 at 07:00.

Quote Originally Posted by icek
    Some western guys could even think after playing incomming add-on that in real history we, Polish, needed union alliance to survive againts those crossed spiders.
    How tragic, I mean when playing Call of Duty some people could think all german soldiers were evil cannonfodder monkeys, I'm appalled, I will stop eating until they call all the games back and change that.
    Besides that, by calling the others crossed spiders you're not really helping your case.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    How tragic, I mean when playing Call of Duty some people could think all german soldiers were evil cannonfodder monkeys, I'm appalled, I will stop eating until they call all the games back and change that.
    Besides that, by calling the others crossed spiders you're not really helping your case.
    its not my case i care not about this and im not here to make flames about this because its meanless and closed already. ca gave already their answer. i love when germans speak about ww2, i remember when i was near munchen, some guy played in german-language cod2 as german speaking american and voved to kill germans lol. About crossed spiders, or trestles, we call that teutonic knights as we call germans Niemcy - in english "mute guys" because they were always diplomatically immune.

Furious mental,
    its not hate towards eastern nations but towards poland. in add-on danes will get 3 new units, egiptian 8, turkish 3, bizantium at least 2, poland 0 and even we lost some. so the question is why we are playable in teutonic camp, let us be like hre - ai controlled only if we are just for filling holes.

its not my case i care not about this and im not here to make flames about this because its meanless and closed already.
    Ok then.

i love when germans speak about ww2, i remember when i was near munchen, some guy played in german-language cod2 as german speaking american and voved to kill germans lol.
    Well, I don't identify myself with WW2 germans either, probably because we always learn in school how evil most of them were.

About crossed spiders, or trestles, we call that teutonic knights as we call germans Niemcy - in english "mute guys" because they were always diplomatically immune.
    That's fine with me, I wasn't offended or anything, but I don't refer to polish people as car thieves either even though there are germans who call you that.

Furious mental,
    its not hate towards eastern nations but towards poland. in add-on danes will get 3 new units, egiptian 8, turkish 3, bizantium at least 2, poland 0 and even we lost some. so the question is why we are playable in teutonic camp, let us be like hre - ai controlled only if we are just for filling holes.
    Well, who has the complete unit charts for Kingdoms? They promised more than 100 new units so I would hope that Poland also gets some new ones.
    apart from that Poland is a nice faction in the original game already and I don't see why Australians would hate the Polish? We're drifting into Backroom territory here, where the topic of polish people constantly feeling that all the world hates them, has been discussed before. And we shouldn't discuss that here. and no, I don't hate you. Just wait until the expansion is out, they haven't shown a lot of Poland so far but that doesn't mean that Poland won't get anything new.

Well I must admit I have some sympathy for the case put by the Polish petition. Being English I would be severely upset if the English battle order had not included Longbowmen or if they had got the English lions round the wrong way. I'm inclined to agree with the suggestion made in the petition that these errors are evidence of a lack of historical research on the part of CA, but I would have thought that having been informed they would have taken steps to correct the ommissions and errors, or at least double check their sources.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

That's fine with me, I wasn't offended or anything, but I don't refer to polish people as car thieves either even though there are germans who call you that.
    no you dont understand, its not a way we call to make you angry like we do for french to call then frogeaters. we just call you Niemiec because its our language. if you dont belive me here is proof http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1356,wid...wiadomosc.html third word in title.

Well, who has the complete unit charts for Kingdoms? They promised more than 100 new units so I would hope that Poland also gets some new ones.
    Lusted already stated this on twcenter. no new units for poland. and the official statement of ca is that its too late to change anything.
    Last edited by icek; 07-22-2007 at 11:52.

no you dont understand, its not a way we call to make you angry like we do for french to call then frogeaters. we just call you Niemiec because its our language. if you dont belive me here is proof http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1356,wid...wiadomosc.html third word in title.
    Well, Germans don't call Polish car thieves to offend them but because they believe that they do actually steal cars. So I think I got your point.

Lusted already stated this on twcenter. no new units for poland. and the official statement of ca is that its too late to change anything.
    Ok, I don't read twc, but to some extent I feared that most of those 100 units would be spent on the new factions. Now I really wonder what the new campaigns will be like and what will be done to the big campaign. and what about Russia? Will they get new units?

I dont know anything about Russia, but who knows if even danes got new units.
    Edit: Also the sole map will be weird. No Thorn city, very important to Order and later to Hanza.
    Last edited by icek; 07-22-2007 at 12:30.

Saying the Danes get new units is a bit of a stretch. CA created a playable Norway faction for the Brittania Campaign, and the Danes in the Teutonic campaign will be able to unlock a "team-up" event that gives them access to 3 of Norways units. (One of which is a greatsword weilder, apparently)

As for the Poland thing, I think it's over the top. Mostly because the complaining always seems to devolve into nationalist ranting about how uber Poland was historically, and griping that Poland is a "super-weak" faction in game when they are actually very good.

I do think it's disappointing that we don't get improvements to the Grand Campaign though. I think any Mod that manages to port over most of the Kingdoms stuff into the Grand Campaign is going to be mega-popular.

HMM, pls note that while most are historically accurate, it is a game, intend for entertainment and not education.

if English's longbowmen were taken away and got given some donkies for their cavalry - i understood that they will be upset. i know I will, even if i am not english.

however, once CA finished the game, it isnt neccessary to protest. if the game producer are not up to our expectation - the gamers can always produce their own MOD.

icek, i think the polish Mod team is calling out your name!
    Shinai Fodder

imnothere, i hope you know where you can stick your mod when it comes to mp.

Mad Mac, so the danes will have three new units. you think that polish wants to have something typically new? no, they want to have a feudal knights, crossbowmen and armored halabardiers that are in typical european roster, and they want them to be in kingdoms teutonic camp coz we lost in it our lithuanian units. And you know, i dont write in topics when i dont have an idea about conversation in it.
    Last edited by icek; 07-23-2007 at 09:57.

imnothere, i hope you know where you can stick your mod when it comes to mp.

Mad Mac, so the danes will have three new units. you think that polish wants to have something typically new? no, they want to have a feudal knights, crossbowmen and armored halabardiers that are in typical european roster, and they want them to be in kingdoms teutonic camp coz we lost in it our lithuanian units. And you know, i dont write in topics when i dont have an idea about conversation in it.
    well. in a frustrating situation, either you can keep on complaining, like you are doing now or else do something about it.

so far, you haven't been really helpful at all. it is very unlikely that CA would bend over, considering the amount of man hours already went into creating Kingdoms. This is a reason why there are 4 choices - if you dont like one you can always play another compaign, or dont play at all.

please act in a more mature fashion
    Shinai Fodder

how many times i need to post in this topic that its decided already. and im here only to comunicate you to not be too silly believing ca that there was a war againts teutons order and lithuania and that lithuania had heavy infantry and heavy cavalry. its just another mongol invasion on japan...
    Im immature, did you read petition before posting? or did you just go after another point for your post number?
    Last edited by icek; 07-23-2007 at 10:34.

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

GUYS,slow down,make peace,it's going far over the top here imo
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

how many times i need to post in this topic that its decided already. and im here only to comunicate you to not be too silly believing ca that there was a war againts teutons order and lithuania and that lithuania had heavy infantry and heavy cavalry. its just another mongol invasion on japan...
    Im immature, did you read petition before posting? or did you just go after another point for your post number?
    Enough; both of you.

The petition was responded to by CA at TWC; I invite members to dig up the thread in M2TW general if they're interested.

Ask nicely, and I'll even do so for you

hoetje is correct; this is going very off-topic, so back onto something related to the OP, please
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

thanks Sapi, this topic needed such intervention. To be OT i will ask 3 questions:
    1. what do you think about bizantine emperor ability in crusaders campaign to bribe particular units in the middle of battle? a little tyber zann from empire at war forces of corruption scheme?
    2. what do you think ca will show new in america campaign thatfans will not name it as a copy of age of empires warchiefs game in totalwar scenery?
    3. what do you think about teutonic helmets ?

A random joe who's just wandered back in here answers:

1) Where did you read this? I've managed to miss it.

Anyway, it sounds potentially battle-winning, if he can essentially 'convert' an elite foe. We don't really know, though, since it'll depend on required range, time to use, 'recharge time', etc.

2) No idea, since I know nothing of this period\area. I am intrigued by how the American tribes will play, though.

3) Just asking to be knocked off. Visually striking, however.

It's a little disappointing to have it confirmed that nothing will carry over to the Grand Campaign, but the mini-campaigns seem pretty good. I hope that the AI is very aggressive and dynamic in them.

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Icek, you are telling things I never read. Where did you get them from plz?
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

1.i read it in some polish games portal that just before battle he, manuel, can send some kinda spies or secret diplomats to enemy army and enemy general will know that theres something wrong after he start a battle. i hope that it will cost him much to perform coz he can be unbeatable.
    2. in age of empires 3 we have a homecity that give us shipments after we do much, we can build a guilds to recruit natives, so the only very new thing im expecting about america campaign is the abiity to learning modern warfare by american natives. aztecs on horses
    Last edited by icek; 07-23-2007 at 15:40.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

1.i read it in some games portal that just before battle he can send some kinda spies or secret diplomats to enemy army and enemy general will now that theres something wrong after he start a battle. i hope that it will cost him much to perform coz he can be unbeatable.
    That's not how the ability works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast