Thread: When Playing as Egypt

Default When Playing as Egypt

I'm playing Egypt for the first time on hard difficulty, is there any tips anyone can give me to help me get out of the first few years alive?

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Default Re: When Playing as Egypt

Egypt is the easiest faction in the game. Its even easier than the Romans in my opinion. If you beat the seleucids at antioch and damascus right away there is no faction that can beat you unless the Scipii take west Africa.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Egiptian problem's the fact that they are pwned when fighting againts marius reform roman army. So you can try to make an easy way and attack cartage then go for senate to prevent reform or try to play more into climatic gameplay and rebuild persian empire by taking down selucs, pontus, parts and armenia. Build your army on faraon units, mostly archers, and chariots. Watch for your general coz since you upgrade him he became the weakest general unit in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by woad&fangs
    Egypt is the easiest faction in the game. Its even easier than the Romans in my opinion. If you beat the seleucids at antioch and damascus right away there is no faction that can beat you unless the Scipii take west Africa.
    i agree with you,woad&fangs,the egyptian got nubian spearmen have same attributes with greeks militia hoplites,and nile spearmen can compare with hoplites,desert axemen as egyptian legions,desert cavalry can beat heavy armored units easily(got 160 cavalry per unit that make them hard to kill)

economy?egyptian temple can support it's economy very well!

temple of imhotep provide health bonus and population growth for early game.

temple of horus provide level 3 weapon and armor upgrade that make even nubian spearmen are tough unit for egyptian,25% law bonus plus secret police network 20% law bonus(45% total) to prevent coruption in very large area

If you dare enough to let eastern faction occupied your port cities,then they(eastern faction) will built dockyard and Silkroad(increase tradeable goods by 4 total) for you!then you will get almost unlimited supply of denarii from your port cities to support your world conquest!
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Go for the large cities first, leave settlements like Dumantha and Petra for the late game when you need settlements to get your 50.
    By doing this you will gain lots of money and access to your best units.