Thread: CAMPAIGN multiplayer

Default CAMPAIGN multiplayer

Hi, we've running multiplayer campaigns for a while over at miydai.com

There are 5 in progress right now. We're currently searching for players for a sixth. There are only 6 out of 18 slots currently open.

This is a long-term strategic affair. IT involves lots of diplomacy and over-all strategy. If you are interested, check out our 4 vanilla games and one game on the Tyronia map/mod. You're welcomed to sign up for our sixth as well.

To moderators: The whole point of posting this here is because nobody ever browses the multiplayer section, we're trying to show the community what they are missing. Please leave this here for a few days if possible. Thank you so much in advance

Default Re: CAMPAIGN multiplayer

I browsed the site a little but couldn't find a section for the rules of the game. So :
    How it is played ? Passing savegames around the players I assume, but how are the battles resolved ? What about diplomacy & alliances ? Are there time limits for a player to make his turn ? Anything else we should know

Would you be so kind to post a link or better, a brief description of the rules and mechanics. I know how hotseat works, but never tried it and don't have any idea how this will work with several other people over the internet. Could you enlighten someone who has seen almost exclusively the single player side of things (except for LAN battles...) ?

"That's what we need : someone who'll strike the most brutal blow possible, with perfect aim and with no regard for consequences. Total War."

Likewise, more information please.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

ok, we are a web page that have made a system to play with other people. We are runing off people, for our 6 games we are curently runing. So this is how this works you pick your factions, or the factions available. So then for example lets say you picked the English, so you play your turn you once you finish playing it you save your turn and then you post your saved game in this page, then France guy will come and download and play the game then post it then spain will download and play, etc. Theres a 24 H limit for each turn if you don't appear in 24 one of your allies will play for you or a moderator will

battles are auto resolve, if this doesn't answer all your questions come here:
    http://www.miydai.com/wiki/index.php...layer_Campaign

@nicolaswille

So, am I right in assuming from this explanation that if I save a game after completing my turn for the English faction, I can pass that saved game file to a player playing the French and he can then load it and complete his French turn?

I had always assummed that if I sent someone else my saved game and they loaded it then the game would automatically assume that they were playing the same faction I was.

Also can you explain how battles are handled as it seems to me that if I pass my English file to the French Player and he attacks one of my armies then I'm not going to get to control my own forces.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Only-Custom-Made-Avatar-User Member SirRethcir's Avatar

@Didz
    You're an odd person.

That's your own thread about this issue:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...hlight=hotseat

Kaiser of Blitz
    from Aemilius Paulus for EB Unit List Reloaded
    from soup_alex for EB Unit List Reloaded

Hello Didz, please read the link that nic posted. The information is on there.

You are correct that after loading the game the next faction would begin. That is how the game was set up at the beginning of the game. We have started our campaigns in Rome Total War last year and is now on our sixth M2TW game.

All battles are auto-resolved. If that matters to you then this is not for you. For those of us who do play this campaign we are more interested in diplomacy and grand strategy.

Just a note, now there is only 1 slot open for M2TW Game 6.

PS: I saw your other thread, the reload until you cheat is not possible. While some of this is honor-based, again refer to the info page, reloading will not get you better results. All auto-cal results are stored before the turn has begun (smart CA) and reloading it will keep on feeding you the exact same results.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRethcir
    @Didz
    You're an odd person.

That's your own thread about this issue:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...hlight=hotseat
    What issue?

My thread was about the hotseat mode which I'm assuming has nothing to do with the system being described by nicolaswille which seems to be a method of playing by Email.

Quote Originally Posted by Taler
    You are correct that after loading the game the next faction would begin. That is how the game was set up at the beginning of the game. We have started our campaigns in Rome Total War last year and is now on our sixth M2TW game.

All battles are auto-resolved. If that matters to you then this is not for you. For those of us who do play this campaign we are more interested in diplomacy and grand strategy.
    Thanks for the clarification. Personally, I don't have any major problems with all battles being auto-resolved. Its preferrable to having players controlling battles they initiate in their turn but not being able to defend against those started by others.
    Last edited by Didz; 08-09-2007 at 18:49.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Only-Custom-Made-Avatar-User Member SirRethcir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Didz
    What issue?

My thread was about the hotseat mode which I'm assuming has nothing to do with the system being described by nicolaswille which seems to be a method of playing by Email.

Well, I assume it's the hotseat mode they're using. ;)

Kaiser of Blitz
    from Aemilius Paulus for EB Unit List Reloaded
    from soup_alex for EB Unit List Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by SirRethcir

Well, I assume it's the hotseat mode they're using. ;)
    Are well...I never assume anything. But that does look like what they're using. As soon as I get MTW2 re-installed on this Pc I shall have to sort myself out a game.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Ok! How does one actually sign-up for one of these games?

Is there an application thread/form or something?
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

The game that we were originally advertising for is now full, however in several "older" games we need replacement players.

The modded game 4 is only on turn 3 and and replacements are needed in Game 2 and 3 as well. HRE is a good candidate to take over in Game 3, they are strong and currently in war.

Anyway go and look around and ask in a specific game forum.

As it appears that game 6 is under way, when will game 7 start? Kingdoms or will it be MTW2? I would like to join!