I read that you don't intend to make Greek reforms. The Macedonians have a little one, the Seleucids receive Cataphracts, all fine. I'm thinking more of some important common units.

What I do not understand from the beginning (it is certainly discussed elsewhere by others) are the relations between the units Akontistai, Peltastai, Thureophoroi and Thorakitai. Akontistai are the old fashioned low grade peltasts of the century before. Many but not all peltasts adopted the thureos in the 3rd c. BC. Some soldiers with the thureos are depicted without, some with javelins together with spears. The Thorakitai are simply the soldiers with the thureos who have added a thorax.

My problem is that a great part of the soldiers with the thureos are depicted without body armour in the sources. Is it not too much favor to the Greek factions that Peltastai and Thureophoroi in EB all have body armour, the latter even greaves? Could there not be first unarmoured helmless peltasts with a pelte who later developed into unarmoured simple-helmeted peltasts with a small thureos, unarmoured Thureophoroi with elaborated Macedonian helmets and with 2 or 3 missiles and a spear and third the armoured Thorakitai, both with bigger thureoi?

I think the adoption of the thureos was more common after 250 BC, perhaps a small reform could be made then? Or is it to complicated?