Thread: Okay, so I've been away for a while...

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Default Okay, so I've been away for a while...

...and I haven't installed 1.2 yet.

I currently play 1.1 with the following player created "fixes:"

1) Towers (having them shoot the proper missiles)
    2) Two hander bug fix
    3) Shield bug fix

Everything else about 1.1 is fine as far as I'm concerned. I've read through some of the threads about 1.2 and it seems to be debatable whether all of the above issues have actually been fixed or not with 1.2.

What I want is for 1.2 to pretty much play the same or better than my modified version of 1.1. Is that the case, or are there other player made fixes that I should be applying after I install 1.2?
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Default Re: Okay, so I've been away for a while...

Better this and better that. I think the AI improvement is worth the UNINSTALL and then reinstall from plain unpatched to 1.2.

Do not install 1.2 over 1.1

Also, spys aren't so perfect without the guild and other minor fixes. I would get it for the better diplomacy that is shown between factions.
    Work, Girlfriend, Responsibilities, Reality, Kids, and MTW - all things in life make life worth living.

Edit October 17th, 2007
    Work-Still hate it but I appreciate having it more now.
    Girlfriend - ? - looks like I am helping Nga now. Miss sex though.
    Responsibilities, Too many bills to too little money
    Reality - (Censored)
    Kids - My son is improving a little bit each day, still far behind but I may have more kids in the future.
    MTW - Kingdoms installed but...Urggg, too soon.
    ----------------
    Conclusion, Life is worth Living now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball
    ...and I haven't installed 1.2 yet.

I currently play 1.1 with the following player created "fixes:"

1) Towers (having them shoot the proper missiles)
    2) Two hander bug fix
    3) Shield bug fix

Everything else about 1.1 is fine as far as I'm concerned. I've read through some of the threads about 1.2 and it seems to be debatable whether all of the above issues have actually been fixed or not with 1.2.

What I want is for 1.2 to pretty much play the same or better than my modified version of 1.1. Is that the case, or are there other player made fixes that I should be applying after I install 1.2?
    1.2 improves diplomacy that makes it worth it. LTC is a great mod that makes some tweeks to the AI (a money script to help them out) and corrects other small things that didnt get into 1.2.

Overall LTC keeps the game feel real close to vanilla, I highly reccomend this mod as I think it will give you what your looking for. Its stable, supported, and installs to a seperate folder within the sega folder so you can play it or vanilla.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

All 3 of those bugs are fixed in 1.2.
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Thanks all. I'm going to try vanila 1.2 then see what the LTC mod is like.
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Yep, I highly recommend 1.2 + LTC 3.X

Jack, now that you're a CA employee, can you please somehow convince them that they need to include a proper uninstaller with their games that deletes the appropriate registry entries? It's a common thing to have to reinstall TW games, but they never quite uninstall right, and I hate mucking around in my registry since I'm certain I'll screw something up irrevocably. Please, a proper uninstaller needs to be a priority!!

Oops, I forgot. With 1.1 I was also using the "pike fix" where their secondary weapon was removed to keep them from immediately switching to swords upon combat. Do pikes still do this in 1.2? Am I going to have to go through and remove all of their swords again?

- TSM

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Pikes are still equipped with secondary weapons in 1.2

you'll need to do that again yourself if you don't want them to switch to their swords

whacker suggested putting them on guard mode, stretching them out into two rows, and layering two units together, then ordering them to walk through to the other side of the enemy

that worked for me, I keep their swords
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted
    All 3 of those bugs are fixed in 1.2.
    Wow... it looks so neat and shiny now! Dunno how I'll adjust to that, lol. It's... different. You deserve it though, so I guess I'd better get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt
    Jack, now that you're a CA employee, can you please somehow convince them that they need to include a proper uninstaller with their games that deletes the appropriate registry entries? It's a common thing to have to reinstall TW games, but they never quite uninstall right, and I hate mucking around in my registry since I'm certain I'll screw something up irrevocably. Please, a proper uninstaller needs to be a priority!!
    That, I won't get used to. You'll always be Lusted to me. Jack sounds too informal anyway, but maybe that's just me being silly. I've been known to do that from time to time.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt
    I second that. One time after a messed up uninstall I had to fiddle around deleting files before I could reinstall. I must have deleted the wrong thing and some annoying error pops up whenever I turn the computer on (but seemingly does nothing else, that I've noticed ).
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

you did what? Oh jezus... ive heard of such a case once... they found the dude dead in his room filled with shrappnel from his tw disc... theyre taking revenge!! you better hide before it gets to you

We do not sow.