Thread: Need help with display problem

Default Need help with display problem

I've been running EB perfectly fine for the past few months. However when I started the game today, I got an error message on my LCD monitor :Not Optimum Mode","Recommended Mode 1280 x 1024 60Hz. I can Alt-Tab out back to my Desktop though. Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

I'm using a Samsung 713N LCD monitor.

Default Re: Need help with display problem

You could try to restart windows and start the game again. If you haven't made any changes there shouldn't be any, well, change. If you've done something in the game preferences though, it could be a different matter.

Oh, and try the -ne switch on the command line in the EB shortcut, it will run the game windowed.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

If the above doesn't work, you can try to change the game resolution in the preferences.txt file (look for STRATEGY_RESOLUTION and BATTLE_RESOLUTION) but you can't set the refresh rate here. If the refresh rate is the problem, you should be able to set it to a fixed 60Hz for all applications in Windows/video driver control panel somewhere.

I've managed to solve the problem. I had to install the updated driver for my monitor.