Thread: Problems installing 1.3 patch

Default Problems installing 1.3 patch

Hi All, I am new here and need some help. I have been playing RTW for a few years and really enjoy it. I bought the BI upgrade when it came out and played it for a while. I found that I really didn't like it and uninstalled it and reinstalled RTW. Since then I am not able to install any patches past the 1.2 version. I have tried removing RTW completely. And I mean completely from my hard drive. This included all of the registry entries that I could find. I am having no luck. Any time that I reinstall RTW I can't update it past 1.2. I have recently installed the RTR 6.0 version to play and it is fun but I would like to go farther and can't if I can't get to update 1.5. But I need help understanding why I am having problems. On my initial install of RTW I had no problem with the updates. BI seems to have ruined RTW for me.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Post Re: Problems installing 1.3 patch

Hi candrask,
    Don't worry, the 1.3 patch is not required for any further upgrades to R:TW if you already have version 1.2. Just simply download 1.5, install it and the process is completed. Hope this helps, good luck, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: Problems installing 1.3 patch

The 1.5 patch will not install without the 1.3 patch. It says so when you try to install it. I just uninstalled the entire game to reinstall it. The 1.2 patch works fine. The 1.3 patch gives an error just after it is double clicked. It says setup has experienced an error. With an error code of -6001.

This patch worked fine before I installed and removed the BI upgrade. It is frustrating. HELP!

Thanks,
    Chuck

I've had a quick browse, and think that this thread may be able to help you out. Good luck, cheers!

Default Re: Problems installing 1.3 patch

That thread was great and it worked perfectly. I am now updated to version 1.5. Now what version of RTR do I use? I was using 6.0 with the 1.2 patch and it kept crashing on me.

Thanks,
    Chuck

You will require R:TR Platinum Edition v1.9 to work with version 1.5. It's essentially an exact port of R:TR 6.0 Gold to the newer and improved 1.5 engine. You can locate this upgrade here. Hope this helps, good luck, cheers!