Thread: descr_character.txt

Default descr_character.txt

Has anyone had success modifying the actions for characters?

It is already known that modifying the individual action points per character type is bugged, and the game doesn't read them.

Default Re: descr_character.txt

Eh? You trying to increase movement points?

I've done it for my mod - PRO DEO ET REGE.

Read The House of Seleukos: The History of the Arche Seleukeia
    for an in-depth and fascinating history of the heirs of Seleukos Nikator.

No I want the diplomats, for instance, to be able to "denounce", which is what priests can do. These actions are supposedly specified in descr_character.txt, but don't affect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    No I want the diplomats, for instance, to be able to "denounce", which is what priests can do. These actions are supposedly specified in descr_character.txt, but don't affect anything.
    Pretty sure you can't do that. I tried to let spies build watchtowers but no dice!

Read The House of Seleukos: The History of the Arche Seleukeia
    for an in-depth and fascinating history of the heirs of Seleukos Nikator.

The right-hand side, room 490, Fargo Hall, North Campus, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, United States of America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

This is something I have been working on too. I am trying to get Spies to be able to assassinate and sabotage as well, making it a Bond-like super-undercover agent. I've had some progress, but haven't been able to quite get it to work yet. A couple other things I was trying was to have catholic priests be able to denounce Muslim priests and visa-versa. Lastly, I wanted all units to be able to "assassinate" assassins and spies once they have been discovered, because there is no good way to get rid of them that I can find.

Like I said, no real success yet, but I am also playing around with the cursor files. It looks like if you cursor over an enemy general, when you have your own spy selected, for example, the cursor changes to the default action of spying. I'm trying to get rid of that default action stuff, and make it bring up an options screen, like how you can choose to marry a selected general or just engage in diplomacy with a princess.

If I have any luck, I'll be sure to post anything I find here.
    No power in the verse can stop me.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

I'm pretty much positive that agents are hardcoded in almost every regard.