Thread: Help With Unofficial Mods

Exclamation Help With Unofficial Mods

*Disclaimer*
    I'm a total neophyte as far as computers.

I downloaded the Balancing Mini Mod (1.1) and the Darth Formations Mod (8.0). I used a free trial version of Winrar and extracted the files to their respective folders, putting them in and taking out the files that had the same titles. I still have them tucked away in another folder as backups.

Now, it CTD's when I start a turn. I'm sure that I did something stupid, I just don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Just Facit

Default Re: Help With Unofficial Mods

Did you delete the Map.rwm ? If you didn't try that .

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Which one? Or both?

As a side note, I haven't installed anything besides BI and EB, so it's clean.
    Last edited by Rundownloser; 08-10-2007 at 07:47.
    Just Facit

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Just delete them all to be sure. They get regenerated when you start up a new game, so don't worry.

EDit: note though that all of the submods should work with EB, doesn't mean they all work with each other.
    Last edited by Moros; 08-10-2007 at 08:36.

Hi
    I have both (Balancing and Darth) and they work fine for me plus I play with BI.
    G

Smile Re: Help With Unofficial Mods

Tried it and this time it crashed when I tried to start a new campaign.
    Just Facit

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

You probably moved the files and one of them is missing check if you have in
    EB\Data files called descr_formations.txt and descr_formations_ai.txt (these are the formations).

And in EB\Data\scripts\showme a file called EBBS_SCRIPT.txt
    and in EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign a file called descr_mercenaries.txt

You could've accidentally placed them in another folder.

Also if you're playing with bi descr_mercenaries goes in barbarian_invasion and you might need to start the campaign via provincial campaign (only if you're using BI)

Also for formations you could try these they're better optimized for EB (they work best using huge unit size)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86904

Everything looks in order as far as those files, and now it CTD's anytime I try to start a new campaign.

I'm not actually using BI, I just have it installed from when I played it (a really fun VH/VH WRE campaign, without losing a single territory or ever encountering the Western Rebels).

Those are the formations I downloaded, the pics looked awesome.

Thanks again for the help, everybody.
    Just Facit

We never runned into any CTD, except ones caused by CA coding, with formations and/or money mod.

It could be very possible that it is caused by your installation of BI on top of EB, since EB does change some RTW files.Then when you install BI you overwrite those files.

Maybe you should try uninstaling all, rebooting then reinstalling RTW, BI , EB and money mod + formations.

That will give you clean istallation, that should work with no problems.(hopefully)

did you dl the patches for rtw

It's RTW Gold (so I'm pretty sure it comes patched to 1.5).

Yeah, I'm sure I just did something stupid, so I think I'm going to need to just reinstall and try it all over again. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate my CD-Key.

Thanks again for the assistance everybody.
    Just Facit

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownloser
    It's RTW Gold (so I'm pretty sure it comes patched to 1.5).

Yeah, I'm sure I just did something stupid, so I think I'm going to need to just reinstall and try it all over again. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate my CD-Key.

Thanks again for the assistance everybody.
    You need a CD Key?

You only need the CD key to play online. You dont need it to install the game.

Kushan
    EB Team Member

Rise of Kings: v2.0 Beta 3 Now Available

Really? Thanks.

Just Facit

Question Re: Help With Unofficial Mods

Okay, I reinstalled everything and...had the same problems. I guess that means I am just a complete moron. Could you guys help again?
    How exactly do I download and incorporate these files? I mean step by step, I worry I'm too primitive and backward for anything less. Thanks again everbody.
    Just Facit

It should be working i have also EB+BI +balancing mod + darth formations there is a guide how to install eb+bi its kind of tricky you have to follow the instructions very carefully

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=74213

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=75667

there should be other threads for also i have these bookmarked because the helped me al i now is you have to watch very carefully where to put it EB folder or BI folder !!! and your desktop link has to refer too rtw bi .exe

GOOD LUCK it's worthed

ps you had eb working without the mods and bi i hope if so make a backup copy of the entire game its save you so much time with reinstalling
    Last edited by Sassem; 08-14-2007 at 13:19.

All that seems to be in order, my RTW and BI work stand alone and so does my EB without any of the downloaded add-ons. The problem seems to be exactly how I'm downloading these mods and replacing the files: I delete the files with the same name (EBBS script and descr.mercenaries, etc.) and "extract the files" from winrar "to the specified folder", i.e. where those other files existed previously (I've checked, I'm putting them in the appropriate folders and deleting all my map.rwm files). Is this all kosher? What should I be doing?
    Just Facit

sorry wrong post
    Last edited by Sassem; 08-14-2007 at 21:22.