Thread: Hotseating and the like

Default Hotseating and the like

Hey all, I'm just visiting from the EB forum. Main reason I'm here is when I tried opening up a hotseating/multiplayer thread in back there (not MP battles, just being able to play against other players with save games etc) I was told that due to the script and coding it can't be done with EB. BUT I figured since Vanilla has none of the coding in it that EB has, maybe a game can be organised over here? I don't know the types or details of different multiplayer (campaign) games that can be played, but if someone's got any info or experience on the subject then it'd be great if you could post it here. Cheers
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Post Re: Hotseating and the like

Moved to the dedicated PBeM forum (the Throne Room)

All I know is that hotseating requires the installation of this script. Not being a hot seater though, I don't know the full details of a modded version of the game combined with it. Sorry
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: Hotseating and the like

EB would be a fine game for a hotseat. Unfortunately I know nothing of how to set up a hotseat game. However, I'd be up for some Rome-style hotseating anytime!

So I guess I'm just giving this thread a bump to see if anyone has answers

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Someone (Myrddraal?) developed a hotseat mod for RTW, but it was very hard to use and I don't know of any games that were ever successfully completed (or even got past the first few turns) with it. Still, it did work to a certain extent, so it was possible in RTW. If it was possible in RTW, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with a mod on top. It might require some further modding, but on a theoretical level at least it might work.

[edit]Here's the link to Myrddraal's RTW multiplayer script.
    Last edited by TinCow; 06-16-2008 at 16:17.

We did try an all Roman hotseat a while back and the script did work for us, the only problem for us was that the senate was one of our factions, which muffed up the script. Without them I think it will work though