Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign Diplomacy thread.

Default MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign Diplomacy thread.

Here you may publicly engage in diplomacy with other players. You may privately discuss with others(and this is recommended), but if you anything you wish to be known or discussed publicly can be posted here.

Declared Alliances:
    England and Denmark; France and Scotland
    Current Wars:
    England vs France;
    Current Leagues:
    The Catholic League - An alliance between Catholic kingdoms to further the spread of the Roman church and to defend each other from attacks of the infidel. Members: Poland, Sicily, and Denmark.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 10-29-2007 at 11:50.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: MTW2 Diplomacy thread.

Is this in character or out of character?

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Deleted
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-16-2007 at 06:51.

It's the multiplayer campaign thread.

Cecil: It's IC.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You should join, AussieGiant. We're doing a hotseat multiplayer campaign with all battles autoresolved, and the HRE is still available.

Anyways... *ahem*

His majesty Alfonso VI, Emperor of all Spain reminds all that any interference in the internal politics of Iberia will be considered an act of war. This reminder stands in perpetuity.

king malcolm of scotland expresses his love of fine french cuisine and wishes to offer a scot-french alliance.
    king of scotland M2tw hotseat campaign.

William, by the grace of God, King of England, Duke of Normandy, Count of Maine, wishes to state that any act of the Scots to ally themselves with the French shall be taken as a declaration of war and treated accordingly.

Default Re: MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign Diplomacy thread.

och laddie yer threats do neigh bother us highlanders our great king has not even bothered writing a reply he's told me his loyal scribe to write a reply to go with the tennis balls cos maybe you could beat us at that. OOC please excuse rubbish attempt at scottish accent i'm afraid you're stuck with it.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

King Wladyslaw of Poland wishes to make it known that he believes all Catholic nations should unify under one banner to bring the known world under one church. In accordance with this, he has sent notices of peaceable intent to Spain, Portugal, France, England, Scotland, Sicily, Venice, Milan, The Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, and Hungary. These peoples have his surety that no Polish troops shall march into their lands for any reason for the length of his rule.

Though the good King is certain such caution is not needed among good Christian men, he adds that hostile acts will be answered in kind.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

King Roger of Sicily is of the same mindset as King Wladyslaw and welcomes any other Christians to join into a holy alliance against the heathens in the east.

However, he would also like to warn that any interference of Sicilian expansions on nearby islands will be frowned upon and may have consequences.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

King Knud of Denmark wishes to make an alliance with England for mutual protection in the waters of the North Sea and beyond.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

William, by the grace of God, King of England, Duke of Normandy, Count of Maine, accepts the offer of the Danes.

King Wladyslaw of Poland is pleased to announce the formation of the Catholic League, a collection of nations which have forsworn violence against their fellow Catholics and whose avowed purpose is to bring Catholicism to all the peoples of the known world. Our misguided brethern of the Orthodox church and the Muslim infidels must be brought into the light of God under the Papacy. Members of the league must:

1. Forswear aggressive military action against fellow Catholic nations. Lands that stand in rebellion, or under the sway of other beliefs are fair game.

2. Not be excommunicated or allied to an excommunicated nation.

3. Battle heresy everywhere it can be found.

4. Answer all calls to Crusade.

5. Aid one another against attacks by foreign faiths.

In particular the King would invite the kingdoms of Sicily and Spain to join the league, and an alliance with Poland, as they stand most at threat from the depredations of Islam. All other realms are equally welcome, provided they can answer to the conditions above in good faith.

(edit: spelling ;) )

The King of Sicily accepts the conditions under the premise, that other Catholic aggressors must be brought back to the light, by force if necessary.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

It is much to be hoped that there will be no aggression between Catholic states, however, in the unfortunate event of such the League's charter cannot require that other league members provide military aid against fellow Catholics, but of course nor will it bar it's members from doing so. Furthermore, the League will prevail upon the Pope to try to keep conflicts between Catholics from growing in all cases.

(As an OOC note, the league will function just like any other alliance in game, only with it's mission statement of conquering non-Catholics and aiding Catholics against them on top. Once you're in, you're not going to get kicked out for anything short of excommunication. If we get a few members we'll plan ways to increase our Pope-o-meter mutually and vote on crusade targets, etc.)

Then Sicily will be a brother in arms with the noble Poles.

King Knud will join the Catholic League.

(this is assuming my Russian application was successful, otherwise ignore this)

Grand Duke Yesovold of Russia is open to all alliances and would hope that all catholics will put aside the small differences between the catholic and orthodox religions and refrain from any wars with the Russians.

OOC: If only I could change religion lol, I won't stand a chance against the catholic league

Polish diplomats will be dispatched to your lands as rapidly as they can be trained.

(As for Russia, you can convert! Just let Catholic priests have free reign in your lands while not training any Orthodox priests or building Orthodox churches. What's the worst that could happen?

Seriously though, if a human player takes a Muslim nation we'll need a Catholic league or something similar as a shield against the power of Jihad.)

OOC: I think Catholic League is a cool idea, but not fair.

OOC: Oh no, it's definitely not fair, but the campaign map isn't balanced for fair MP, even in single battle MP the units aren't comprehensively balanced. It's just not a fair game all around. I mean, take a look at the HRE. If Ichigo decides to steamroll one of us nearby, it's a done deal; only the possibility of an attack from the other side might prevent it, and probably not for long. I'm betting we can all find a way to have fun, even if it's not fair.

I don't know if anyone here has played the board game Diplomacy, but I imagine this playing out a bit like that. You're not going to win or lose in a fair fight because the auto-calc takes that away anyway, you're going to have to outnumber and out think your opponent, unless you can trick him into doing something silly. The key is to have fun despite that.

OOC: yeah if all the catholics teamed up then they could easily take over the world and factions like the HRE would soon run out of provinces to capture other than sailing miles away

but i suppose it would stil be fun trying to hold off hordes of catholics

I throw down the gauntlet to you, Philippe, King of the Franks! You have insulted my son and heir, and thus me.

When you have learned your lesson I am more than willing to come to terms, but as equals, not as vasssl to liegelord, for you have done me great evil this day.

William, by the grace of God, King of England, Duke of Normandy, Count of Maine.

king malcolm of scotland wises to express peaceable intentions to all factions other than the people of the duke of Normandy and wishes to join the catholic league after said peope are eating haggis under highland rule.
    Last edited by sirnoob; 08-20-2007 at 12:02.

I have great satisfaction in reporting that Angers has fallen to my son Robert.

I trust Philippe will soon turn to reason and apologise.

William, by the grace of God, King of England, Duke of Normandy, Count of Maine.

King Knud expresses his desire that the Holy Roman Empire fall back from the region of Hamburg. In return, the Kingdom of Denmark shall secure Oslo for the Germans.

ooc bump and scotland and england are i beleve at war so i would like to offer de william of Normandy a chance to become vassels to scotland for 2000 florins and london(when i get it)

You well chewed scraps of bile are better thrown to dogs than to Normans. Nevertheless, we will force you to accept our rule over the our rightful inheritance.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Messengers go out to the kings halls:

My Lords, the Kingdom of Denmark's new advisor, pevergreen, announces that aid will come to their allies, England. Any attack against England will be an attack against Denmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

King Roger of Sicily wishes to extend an offer of alliance to Emperor Heinrich of the Holy Roman Empire.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast