Thread: Debugging Lands to Conquer!!!!

Default Debugging Lands to Conquer!!!!

Dear All:

Greetings from Canada!!! I hope this find you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I know I should be talking to our friend, Lusted, about this, but I really need help!! I downloaded his wonderful mod (see subject line), and I'm getting the same old song from Gus, my computer--"The program (Med II) has made an unspecified error and must close."

Two questions here, gang: 1) What is meant by an unspecified error? 2) How do I correct said unspecified error?

In closing, I do realize I haven't been here for a while, and I do apologize for my disappearance, but you guys will seeing me a lot more often now.

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: Debugging Lands to Conquer!!!!

1. Have you installed patch 1.2 correctly, eg does the normal game load up.

2. Are you installing LTC over 1.2?

3. Do you have any other mods installed?

Sounds like the standard botched install to me. The usual solution:

Uninstall everything completely, ie. use the uninstall program first, then delete any remaining folders manually. Then reinstall everything.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Dear Lusted:

Good afternoon from Canada!!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

For openers, my most humble apologies for putting this out in public. I love your mod, and I just didn't know what to do.

It's yes to your question of trying to install one version over another. The answer is no I haven't installed said patch. By the by, where do I get said patch? The answer is no to I don't have any other mods installed.

Oh, whilst I've got your ear, what do you hear about that big North American mod that's coming in September? I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!!!

In closing, I apologize again for bringing this out into the public forum.

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

You can get the official M2Tw 1.2 patch from the official site, www.totalwar.com

Gentlemen:

Good morning from Canada!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I have just one quick question here concerning the patch we spoke about. After I've downloaded said patch, to where do I unzip it?

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

P.S. I'm not doing anything about said patch until I get an answer so I know I'm doing the right thing!!!!!

Good evening from Finland! (Well it's evening here now.)

If I remember correctly, it doesn't matter where you unzip the patch setup file. After unzipping it somewhere just run the setup. Again, if I remember correctly it should find the right folder automatically. If it does not and asks for a folder choose your Medieval 2 folder.

Regards, Guru
    Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"