Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EB Preview : Hayasdan Reforms

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Default Re: EB Preview : Hayasdan Reforms

For us Iranians it is a necessary hurt to see our national treasures stored and locked up in foreign nations; I'd wish nothing more than have these invaluable treasures returned to the same land, to the same bosom that reared civilization. Many of these artifacts have even been stolen.

But at the same time, the worst enemy of these treasures, those who seek to destroy, are deeply established in the Iranian government and ruling ideology. Ironically, foreigners have appreciated Iranian treasures far better that Iranians themselves.

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

It would be a shame if every important work of art or historical relic lived permanently in its home nation. How would people get to see work from other cultures, unless they were in a position to travel the world?

But it has to be said, the British historical exhibits in Greece aren't as good as the Greek historical exhibits in Britain. Maybe we should lend you Stonehenge and St Pauls Cathedral for a hundred years to even the score...

[Speaking of loans, there's the real solution. Have the important stuff spend 50% of its time at home and 50% on tour.]

Fight like a meatgrinder

[Speaking of loans, there's the real solution. Have the important stuff spend 50% of its time at home and 50% on tour.]
    Now, this I can agree with. Civilization monuments should indeed tour the world and everyone should be able to see and visit them.

Yet, in some countries, a whole country is identified with a person, a great leader if you will

Hayasdans or their romani name Armenians consider Tigranes the great as their greatest hero. He was that and more.

We Greeks consider Alexandros our great hero.

Of all things we could see touring around the world, Alexandros tomb and remains (if they will ever be found and ported over to Greece), would never leave Greece. Ever. It would be the same as asking for George Washington's corpse to be publically displayed in another country.

and now back to the topic at hand...

That's why I really enjoy playing with these reforms and I think you will too. Because they show what a man of Tigranes caliber would do if he was in the throne the time the Seleukid empire was falling apart.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Hayasdans or their romani name Armenians consider Tigranes the great as their greatest hero. He was that and more.

Kervanos, Both Hayasdan/Hayastan and Armenia are Armenian names. Hai comes from the Hayasa tribe and or Haik the mythelogical patriarch of Armenians ( in recent research Haik has been identified with a real leader of the Hayasa tribe. There for Haykastan Hayastan tan being the suffix of home the home of the Haiks. Armenia comes from the Armens or/and king Aram.
    Last edited by artavazd; 08-16-2007 at 23:52.

My mistake then, thought I read something to that extent.

no problem brother!

by the way both of my grandparents on my mothers side are born in Greece. My grandfather is from Athens, and my grandmother is from thesaloniki.
    Last edited by artavazd; 08-17-2007 at 02:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    I thought that if someone became a curator, he would know that things should be displayed in their country.
    From an idealistic stand point I can see your guys’ point about the country of origin retaining the rights to their national artifacts, but you need to be realistic here. Some countries just can’t be trusted to preserve their relics. Those of you out there saying let every country hold on to their relics just take alook look at what Afghanistan did with it’s Bactrian and Buddhists artifacts. Destroying countless ancient Buddhist statues and priceless art. Or look at Iraq, when at the first sign of a power vacuumed the citizens proceeded to cannibalize their museums. How many items were lost permanently or to stay out of public and scientific sight in private collections?

Now, I’m not condoning the methods of British or American curators (or any other nationality else for that matter). But at least they can say their direct actions have preserved these items for future generations to observe. What if we gave Iran every artifact from ancient Persia? Can any one say handing these artifacts over to a society so bent on nationalism they are willing to sacrifice their pre-Islamic herritage ending well?

1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    Yeah, the britain curators are some selfish guys. I thought that if someone became a curator, he would know that things should be displayed in their country. Americans have not been better either..... they have a lot of egyptian mummys in some museums build beneath a high-way....
    not a very intelligent post.

Quote Originally Posted by KARTLOS
    not a very intelligent post.
    If that is your opinion, than please keep it. Besides, that post of yours is not intelligent either, as it trys to initiate a flame-war, and I will stay out of that behaviour.

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Quote Originally Posted by artavazd
    no problem brother!

by the way both of my grandparents on my mothers side are born in Greece. My grandfather is from Athens, and my grandmother is from thesaloniki.
    Great. Thanks Brother!

Well, Mother's father was born and raised in Pontos, and was among his few family members to escape with their lives from the "Ottoman holocaust" that so many people pretend never happened in WW1. It consumed Armenians and Pontian Greeks as well. I am not pointing fingers nor placing blame on modern Turks, as the whole world has taken a stand and knows what really happened. Yet, that sort of thing did bring our people much closer than before as common death in family does to neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by keravnos
    Yet, that sort of thing did bring our people much closer than before as common death in family does to neighbours.
    A common massacre works even better.

Too soon..?

the only way i blame modern turks is when they deny the genocide. There is a censorship in turkey on that matter. Who ever speaks of it gets their citizenship taken away. watch this intresting video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...dden+armenians

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

OK. This thread is for comments and discussion on the new EB Hayasdan Reforms. The last few posts have veered so far from that topic, that this thread is on the verge of closure. Please stay on topic, people!
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Hayasdan reforms are very nice. It is good when you have some objectives to achieve. It makes factions more interesting to play (for me surely).
    In last previews you have shown Pahlavan and Hayasdan changes. These factions are now better. Now eastern factions have risen in my eyes.
    Is such work being done on other factions, for example Pontos which really needs it? I wish to see each faction being more unique.
    btw: the new spear unit with a sun (?) on shield - what is it? I am sure it was in one preview but I cannot remember now.

my balloons

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

babylonian spearmen i think.

Persian Hoplites actually.

A few previews back I saw that Hayasdan was getting it's own Hoplite unit are they still in the game, and those persians look awsome.
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    A few previews back I saw that Hayasdan was getting it's own Hoplite unit are they still in the game, and those persians look awsome.
    The Hayasdan hoplite was the hayasdan skin for the iranian hoplite.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Does the reform lead you to attack the heart of Seleucid empire?

my balloons

Quote Originally Posted by Diadoch
    Does the reform lead you to attack the heart of Seleucid empire?
    I don't understand? Do you mean "make"? No, you don't have to fulfill any part of this reform, so it doesn't make you attack anyone. However to start the Orontid Empire Reform you need to take the Seleukid cities in Mesopotamia and Iran. There is a map.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks, that is what I was talking about, if I want reforms I have to attack.
    Last edited by Andronikos; 08-26-2007 at 17:04.

my balloons

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diadoch
    Thanks, that is what I was talking about, if I want reforms I have to attack.
    Well, out of a strictly technical viewpoint, no you don't "have to attack", though it is advised since you'll rarely if ever see a mass revolt of the concerned provinces. If someone else conquers those provinces, well, you'll have to duke it out with them if you want the reforms... Or...

<_<

>_>

<_<

>_>

...You can exploit diplomacy to get whatever you want in combination with certain cheats. I'm not going to say anything more but in theory you can recreate the Achaemenid world order through diplomacy within 5 turns provided that you've got enough money. But that is not how the mod is meant to be played, so to your peculiar question, yes you will need to make use of military means to achieve these goals; Clearly you have to assume an aggressive and bold stance. If that means tackling the Gray Death, then so be it, but if say Baktria or in rare circumstances Pahlava carve great chunks of all that land, you also have to defeat them in battle if you wish to acquire the concerned provinces.

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Also, the game might just start acting weird if you try the "diplomacy" a la TPC... In other words, your PC might not enjoy it as much as you do.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

This looks way too complicated for me, could someone please explain how to do these reforms in brief?

I guess I can pull out the Pan-Caucasian Reforms but the Persian reforms seem too difficult
    Last edited by Servilius Novus; 05-06-2012 at 14:02.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Holy necro!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa Barbarorum FAQ, "Persian Reform"
    -Build Type3 governments in these cities (Arbela, Seleukeia, Babylon, Ekbatana, Charax, Susa, and Persepolis)
    -Build (persiapart) in these cities (Susa and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Susa, and Persepolis)

Western Expansion 2:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Ekbatana, Seleukeia, Babylon, and Charax)
    -Build (persiafull) in these cities (Susa and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Ekbatana, Seleukeia, Babylon, and Charax)

Western Expansion 3:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Palmyra, Edessa, and Arbela)
    -Build (persiafull) in these cities (Ekbatana, Seleukeia, Babylon, Charax, Susa, and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Palmyra, Edessa, and Arbela)

Western Expansion 4:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Tarsos, Antiocheia, and Damaskos)
    -Build (persiafull) in these cities (Palmyra, Edessa, Arbela, Ekbatana, Seleukeia, Babylon, Charax, Susa, and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Tarsos, Antiocheia, and Damaskos)

Eastern Expansion 2a:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Zadrakata, Apameia, and Gabai)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Zadrakata, Apameia, and Gabai)

Eastern Expansion 2b:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Karmana and Gabai)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Karmana and Gabai)

Eastern Expansion 3a:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Asaak, Hekatompylos, and Alexandreia-Ariane)
    -Build (persiafull) in these cities (Zadrakata, Apameia, Gabai, Karmana, Susa, and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Asaak, Hekatompylos, and Alexndreia-Ariane)

Eastern Expansion 3b:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Pura, Alexandropolis, Prophthasia, and Alexandreia-Ariane)
    -Build (persiafull) in these cities (Zadrakata, Apameia, Gabai, Karmana, Susa, and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Pura, Alexandropolis, Prophthasia, and Alexandreia-Ariane)

Eastern Expasion 4:
    -Build Type3 governments and (persiapart) in these cities (Baktra, Antiocheia-Margiane, and Kophen)
    -Build (persiafull) in these cities (Pura, Alexandropolis, Prophthasia, Alexandreia-Ariane, Zadrakata, Apameia, Gabai, Karmana, Susa, and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resrouces will appear in Baktra, Antiocheia-Margiane, and Kophen)
    As you can see, you need to build specific gov buildings, which will unlock "event" buildings, they in turn will allow you to build type2 gov, ie: satrapies...
    Last edited by Arjos; 05-07-2012 at 06:50.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Holy necro indeed!

Those days when all the founding modders still lived along the mortals!

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345