Thread: intelligence trait

Default intelligence trait

I was working on an intelligence trait ,the idea is that a character has a certain level of intelligence from his birth, and that smarter characters learn things faster than dumber ones. The trigger would be coming of age, and dad's intelligence should play an important role in deciding the level.

My problem:
    How to make sure a character receives one level, if for example the chances for having the genius level are 10, the chances for average brains 50 and chances for monkey brains 20, there is still a chance a character receives no intelligence trait at all. Is it possible to make sure a character receives one level by filling the chances up to 100( in my previous example it would be genius chance 20, average 60 and monkey brains 20)?
    Inca-Total War Traits & Ancillaries

Default Re: intelligence trait

Math. I guess we actually do need it for something, ha ha ha.

Please post the info for the trait in export_descr_character_traits, then I can help.

I think that as long as one trait of the 'line' doesn't have 100 chance of happening, there's a possibility that the char will get none.

Expanding the question: Is it possible to determine the order at which the checks are being done? Let's say I have a series of traits that are not connected (ie the second isn't a progression of the first etc) but they all affect the same thing. The chances of the traits descend in that the best (9th level) has very slim chances of happening and the worst (1st level) is certain. But I want the checks to start upside down, so that if the chance conditional is met for the 5th level (and therefore for all the lower ones too) I wanna be sure that the 5th gets activated and not any of the rest. Does the order of coding affect the order of the checks?

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Yes the game reads down from the top of the trigger section, so you can start with trigger for monkey brains, chance 20
    then have trigger for average brains, chance 50 but give it condition that character doesn't already have monkey brains trait..

then at the end the lowest trigger you include would be for genius brains
    which would have chance 100, but conditions that you didn't get it if you already had monkey brains, average brains etc..

So 100 percent of people wouldn't actually be genius just 100 percent of those that didn't get any of the other traits first.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Yeah, you're right. But he's part of the Inca mod team (so am I) and we were discussing this before, and I think there may be more than three levels of intelligence, so we'll need a bit more math once we know.

Thx Mak, it's clear for me now!

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

It's a bit like modding. You start off with 'monkey brains', then after about 6 months (1 turn not using the 4tpy script) you develop the 'average brains' and then about a year later the 'genius brains'.

Problem is, after about 2 years, you develop the anti-trait...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."