Thread: Help

Exclamation Help

i did all the internet thing loged on and now it comes up with no servers i have warlord edition and put the changes in and iternet cfg in ut nothing plz tell me what iam doing wrong.:wall: :wall: :wall: :oops: :help: :furious3: :help:
    I came
    I saw
    I kicked their ass
    all hale Shodun Total War

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Default Re: Help

Hello,

my server log file tells me that 10 mins before your post there was a successful connection to the Shogun server. It may not have been complete, I can't tell that, but at least you seem to have done everything right.
    Please explain again what exactly is not working.

R'as

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Just thought I'd mention this:

On both the previous and current Fakeservers, when someone was trying repeatedly to log in but was experiencing the sticky "Logging In ..." problem, I could see their nickname appear in the foyer list when I was inside, and each time they tried it would disappear and reappear. Honor value, usually 100, was zero. I don't know if this information will yield any clues to the persistent anomaly, but I thought I'd put it out here. This might be why you see a "successful" login entry in the server log file.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Interesting. The server reacts but the login isn't complete.
    Obviously when hanging at "Logging in..." you 're already visible to others in the foyer. I didn't knew that.
    The technique to abort the login immediately by clicking the "dog ear" and to then try again should work here.

R'as

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Unfortunately, I've built up lots of experience with this problem. At least, it seems like you're hanging on 'Logging in...'? A common problem that has occured with quite some people with Windows XP. You have XP, I guess? It's not easy to solve usually.

R'as tip is one thing to try.

Another tip; "From the 'Multiplayer' screen go to the 'Log in' page and click connectleaving the 'use existing internet connection' box unchecked, now you goto the logging in message and there it you get stuck. Now use the 'back' tab, check the 'use existing connection' box and
    as you click connect you must hit the return key at the precise same time.You now go to logging on and immediatly it will go to the 'Logged On' screen. This works simply always,it's all about timing with the 'return' key and clicking connect."

Drisos note: it actually does work for some people!

As a last line of defense, you could try create a FAT32 partition on your computer, and installing STW on that. That's what solved the problem for me.

any questions.. you know where to find us.

- Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -