Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Hosting MTW/VI

I know it's here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it

What ports need to be open to host VI?

Thanks in advance
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Default Re: Hosting MTW/VI

If you are behind a firewall/proxy and are able to change its settings, Arcade needs the following TCP ports open in order to function:

6667 (IRC)
    3783 (Voice Chat Port)
    27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
    28900 (Master Server List Request)
    29900 (GP Connection Manager)
    29901 (GP Search Manager)
    13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
    6515 (Dplay UDP)
    6500 (Query Port)

The game itself needs:

Port 18321 on TCP and UDP for MTW
    Port 18322 on TCP and UDP for VI
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 08-21-2007 at 13:56.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Tomi,

Did these numbers work for you to host?

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

I put them all in Single Port Forwarding correctly I believe, but no luck with or without firewall (FW was program ported, not all of the above individual ports).

Switched on DMZ, and FW off, for the games I hosted Sunday. I don’t like doing it that way, but it worked very well.

I use to have software that took care of these things for me, so never learned how to do it myself.

I am running Vista, with a direct cabled LinkSys WRT300N router. The setup should be a no brainer. Maybe if I gave the FW all of the ports individually?

Oh, and I left out the MTW port (short of SPF positions). Did I need to have that in addition to the VI?

Whatever, I was very happy to be able to test my new systems capabilities at hosting. I wish we would have had 8 players
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Try forwarding all the ports as both TCP and UDP. Also try forwarding the range 29900 - 29920 rather than just 29900 and 29901. I don't think you need the 18321 for VI, but I don't know for sure.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Update on my hosting situation:

I am able to host with my Sygate firewall off, and DMZ enabled.

I am now able to login into the foyer with DMZ disabled and router port-forwarding active, with my firewall turned off. I have not had the opportunity to test hosting under these conditions. Hopefully I'll get to test that tonight.

I get "Account Details Incorrect" when trying to log in with my firewall on. This suggests issues with Gamespy port forwarding in my firewall settings. My guess is once I figure out what's missing here, I will get to the foyer. If I make it that far, I think it will be easy to deal with any remaining issues and be able to host with specific router port forwarding (DMZ disabled), and with my firewall on but also forwarding the correct ports. This is my goal.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Another update:

I can now log into the foyer with specific port forwarding on my router (DMZ disabled), and with my Sygate firewall on. Now it remain to test hosting a game. I've been using Beta5 for my testing so far. Once successful with Beta5, I'll test Beta8.

Thanks for your assistance last night, Yuuki-san.

[offtopic] Then I think I'll setup hosting for STW MI 1.02 as well. [/offtopic]

Update #3: Meh, I got past the problem of logging in to the foyer with my firewall on after I changed to a "static" IP and implemented port-forwarding on the firewall (something was not right with ports required by Gamespy, apparently). However, my games are still not visible when I host with my firewall on. If I turn it off, they are visible. I've forwarded ports stated as required for MTW, VI, and Rome, so I'm not so sure what's going on at this point.

Tomi was working on his hosting too. What was odd was that two players were logged in through Gamespy (-gs after their nicknames) and they could see Tomi's hosted games, while I, logged in through the game interface, could not. They could not see my hosted games (with my firewall up).

If anyone has any ideas, far-fetched or not, I'd appreciate reading them. Thanks.
    Last edited by Togakure; 08-23-2007 at 14:07.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo