Thread: Cartoons that have Homosexuality Hints

Default Cartoons that have Homosexuality Hints

What about it?

R'gard cartoons such as Ren & Stimpy. A cat and a dog who are both male who live together in a house and sleep in the same bed. Sometimes Ren is displayed as the "male one" in a suit as he goes to work while Stimpy sometimes appears more "feminine".

Or Bugs Bunny, the siwwy wabbit. How often has he not put on female clothing, acted feminine-like, and put up makeup?

Or Spongebob?

I bet there are more.

Well, I am hardly knowledgeable about it all, so perhaps someone can provide illumination on the subject and also on whether the subject is one worthy of discussion. I recall it was on the news at some point and thought it decent to start here. What particular areas of discussion regarding the subject are necessary?
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cartoons that have Homosexuality Hints

And what are you asking now?

P.S. A teletuby (Tinky Winky) was also gay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinky_W..._controversies
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Laurel and Hardy used to share a bed. Not cartoons, but you get the idea.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Somewhat homo-erotic

Bugs Bunny not only dressed up in women's clothing, he often kissed Elmer (and other males) on the lips. Heck, I even think Bugs and Elmer got married in one show.

The Flintstone's theme song promised "You'll have a gay old time."
    This space intentionally left blank

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

The He-Man post just screams for this linky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Nc8RCLy1s

Waylon Smithers and Milhouse?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mark
    The He-Man post just screams for this linky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Nc8RCLy1s
    Oh man thanks for posting that, broke a rib last week and it hurts god this is HILARIOUS

OUCH

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

[QUOTE=Bijo]

Or Spongebob?

Spongebob is just a kid, his relationship with the other male characters is nothing special. He even had/has a girlfirend, a squirel that lives underwater.

Well, I am hardly knowledgeable about it all, so perhaps someone can provide illumination on the subject and also on whether the subject is one worthy of discussion. I recall it was on the news at some point and thought it decent to start here. What particular areas of discussion regarding the subject are necessary?
    It's the liberal bias of the media !

And for once that might actually be true. Most 'Hollywood' people are artists in the broad definiton (which includes untalented artsists), being an artist almost implies being 'liberal', freeing oneself from conventions and finding your own way, or at least your own voice in life. A lot of their character is reflected in the products they make.

The high frequency of 'gay' subcontext can have several reasons. First of all it is often used purely for comedy, effeminate male characters are often perceived as funny. Second it can reflect the sexuality of the author, who can have various reasons for creating a gay character. Thirdly, since 'Holywood' people tend to know a lot of gay people (if the media is to be believed) even if they're straigth, the characters can reflect their environment or actual people they know. Fourthly, it can be done for PC reasons. Fifthly, it can be done just to piss off some conservatives (or religious groups).
    There are probably still other reasons.

Quite frankly, I don't care how many gay characters a show has.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony

Somewhat homo-erotic
    Now that's hot. I'd like to have a three way with him and Skelator!!!
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Bijo
    What about it?

R'gard cartoons such as Ren & Stimpy. A cat and a dog who are both male who live together in a house and sleep in the same bed. Sometimes Ren is displayed as the "male one" in a suit as he goes to work while Stimpy sometimes appears more "feminine".

Or Bugs Bunny, the siwwy wabbit. How often has he not put on female clothing, acted feminine-like, and put up makeup?

Or Spongebob?

I bet there are more.

Ren and Stimpy wasn't a kids cartoon. It's like the Simpsons or Beavis and Butthead, for "adults." And in the revived version Ren and Stimpy were gay, openly gay infact. There was one squence where Stimpy is trying to get Ren "in the mood" and he does something Ren doesn't like. To which Ren starts screaming "I'M THE PITCHER YOUR THE CATHER!" It ends with Ren in a pitchers suit and Stimpy in cathers gear lying on fours on the bed with a catchers mit over his butt crack.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Take your pick.

http://www.adultswim.com/index2.html

Warning! Do not look in the gamer's room! Warning!
    To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi

The Flintstone's theme song promised "You'll have a gay old time."
    Yeah, but that was in reference to the 'older' definition of gay, which meant happy. Had nothing to do w/ the Flintstones being gay.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Captain Pugwash

Quote Originally Posted by greaterkhaan
    Yeah, but that was in reference to the 'older' definition of gay, which meant happy. Had nothing to do w/ the Flintstones being gay.
    I know greaterkhaan, but we are being rather loose with the term "gay". One example given was Bugs Bunny wearing a dress which is equating cross dressing with homosexuality. So I interpreted "gay old time" in accordance to the thread topic.

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Wink Re: Cartoons that have Homosexuality Hints

I didn't know Bijo-san is interested in Yaoi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    I know greaterkhaan, but we are being rather loose with the term "gay". One example given was Bugs Bunny wearing a dress which is equating cross dressing with homosexuality. So I interpreted "gay old time" in accordance to the thread topic.
    If I get your drift, then I must the topic and title is "Cartoons that have Homosexuality Hints", so it should mean there is no equalization of BB's crossdressing to homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus
    I didn't know Bijo-san is interested in Yaoi.
    What is that? My language guessing capability dictates the word's of Asian origin.

But since you're joking and I do not wish to disappoint you I will just laugh then

:P
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

If I get your drift, then I must the topic and title is "Cartoons that have Homosexuality Hints", so it should mean there is no equalization of BB's crossdressing to homosexuality.
    You're splitting hares again Bijo.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

What is that? My language guessing capability dictates the word's of Asian origin.
    It's japanese. Yaoi means manga/anime with homoerotic content.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doc_bean
    Spongebob is just a kid, his relationship with the other male characters is nothing special. He even had/has a girlfirend, a squirel that lives underwater.
    So, they even promote murder and necrophilia!

Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman
    Captain Pugwash
    It's been decades since I last watched that, where was the homo-friendly bit?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror
    It's japanese. Yaoi means manga/anime with homoerotic content.
    The funniest way I ever heard it described: "Guys shaving eachother's armpits".
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II