Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leipzig Update

Default Leipzig Update

Hi guys,

There has been a lot of speculation throughout the community about our forthcoming announcement at Leipzig, and how big the news will actually be. I can confirm that it will be bigger than any announcement we have ever made before, and it WILL involve a new Total War game. And when I say new, I mean NEW.

Stay tuned to TotalWar.com! image

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/21452?page=-1
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Default Re: Leipzig Update

Hopefully not new as in spartan totalwarrior new :D

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Talking Re: Leipzig Update

Huzzah!!!!!

Can't wait to see what the big news is!
    “If you want to be happy, be.”
    - Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

Excitement !!!!!
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Thanks Lusted.

May we please know the date when the announcement will be made ?
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    Thanks Lusted.

May we please know the date when the announcement will be made ?

23rd of August normally ^^
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan:_Total_Warrior

Ported to the pc!

You know its true :\

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Red face Re: Leipzig Update

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan:_Total_Warrior

Ported to the pc!

You know its true :\
    Please don't say that that is the announcement.
    I just might cry.
    “If you want to be happy, be.”
    - Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

heh ofc not just as much chance of getting an mmorpg totalwar ;) I only bring up spartan totalwarrior cause it was ca's last super secret project we were told about, and if the game changes direction with the biggest news release yet its possible many readers here wont even be interestied in the game. So lets hope its a new era/engine for totalwar as opposed to a new branch of totalwar game.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 08-15-2007 at 19:06.

Buddha

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoetje
    23rd of August normally ^^
    Thanks.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Thanks for the update, Lusted! I confess I'm even more curious now as to what the announcement will be....
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I wanted R2TW.

Anyway a mmorpg totalwar should be a good idea. In the roman times. Killing camels.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Never! Never kill the Camels!

I hate the idea of an mmorpg. It would just be capitalising on the success of things like WoW and I could honestly seeing it being a big flop. I for one would not buy it.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I'm looking forward to hearing what the big news will be.

I'm also hoping it's not an online game.

Good; my suspicion about an internal IP is seeming increasingly likely
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Oh my goodness, if it's that big of an announcement, it can only be one thing...

a Get Off My Land diplomacy option along with Campaign battle saves!!!

or something else, maybe.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I just hope it's not a MMORPG please...
    But I'm really curious.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Engines:

Shogun = revolution Medieval1= evolution.
    Rome = revolution Medieval2 = evolution.
    New announcement ??? revolution most likely

So we get a new engine in the current series, only the era is in doubt.

Ca have previously stated they work this way revolution/evolution.

The only ??? is the biggest announcement yet, but that would have been said of rome, so will be a new engine of the totalwar series and just guess the era.

Buddha

Son of Gloin, Cleaver of Orcs Member Gimli's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Leipzig Update

As long as it ISN'T a MMORPG I think I'll be happy! But........... In the MEAN TIME........ The WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "May the best dwarf win!"
    ......... ...........

My best guess is a new engine perhaps with naval combat included, after all mike simpson the Studio Director of CA UK said WHEN we impliment naval combat not IF we impliment naval combat we want to get it right in an interview when rome came out.

Still its all guesswork, guess ill have to try to bite my tongue abit and just wait and find out.

We also know from these interviews that they said -

In what ways are new technologies such as multiple core processors and advanced graphics and physics cards going to effect the strategy title?

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how these new technologies impact on the games we play. Obviously in terms of graphics, PC Gaming has always been advancing rapidly so this is nothing new. DirectX 10 on Vista offers a major advance for us, removing some of the big limitations on the graphics engine and opening the door towards more detailed men and environments. The role that multiple core processors can play, in areas such as AI for example, is definitely intriguing. Ultimately they'll also make it possible for troops on the battlefield to behave much more realistically, although the technology will take time to mature. Physics on hardware presents some interesting opportunities - it will definitely make the explosions look better, but going beyond that and having it affect gameplay probably isn't going to happen until the cards become common.

Can you tell us five things we should look out for in strategy games of the near future?

Away from what we're creating here at Creative Assembly I think there are some general trends we'll see in the future for the strategy game. Inevitably we'll see the effects of improved graphics technology. The advent of multi-core processors will also allow strategy games to create deeper and more complex AI routines that will create a greater challenge for the player. Away from technology, I think we'll continue to see strategy games making more of online, not only with regards to getting gamers playing online but also in terms of making more content available via digital download. Finally I think we'll see more strategy developers attempt to blend their games with other genres - not only by combing real-time and turn-based strategy genres, but also other genres such as the FPS and third-person action.

So many things this news could be about from advanced ai to more realistic fighting of the men perhaps even some ingame moviecam, and if were really lucky a game designed to take full advantage of the possibilities of multiplayer ;)
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 08-16-2007 at 20:48.

Buddha

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So
    Away from what we're creating here at Creative Assembly I think there are some general trends we'll see in the future for the strategy game. Inevitably we'll see the effects of improved graphics technology. The advent of multi-core processors will also allow strategy games to create deeper and more complex AI routines that will create a greater challenge for the player. Away from technology, I think we'll continue to see strategy games making more of online, not only with regards to getting gamers playing online but also in terms of making more content available via digital download. Finally I think we'll see more strategy developers attempt to blend their games with other genres - not only by combing real-time and turn-based strategy genres, but also other genres such as the FPS and third-person action.
    I dont know if anyone has played any of the kingdoms under fire series. It's available on the xbox, and it is basically like total war battles (though you'll only have say 6 units under your command at most) except you play as the general, usually some excessively hard infantryman with a huge broadsword. It encompasses a lot fo the aspects of total war such as traps, fire arrows, cavalry charges whilst mixing it with a lot of fantasy elements such as orcs and dark elves, makes for a very intresting game, particuarly with aerial supoport.

anyways, and off-shoot of total war like that would greatly please me.

And yes, i wouldnt be suprised if it was another console game, though if it was done correctly, more RPG based, and in Fuedal Japan, or Asia, i'd most definetly buy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Interesting TW fact #1245: Empire: Total War has been a registered trademark of The Creative Assembly UK since roughly the time RTW went gold
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    Interesting TW fact #1245: Empire: Total War has been a registered trademark of The Creative Assembly UK since roughly the time RTW went gold
    1)How do you know?
    2) what does it mean? ^^
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

1) Run a search on 'total war' here - I can't provide a direct link as it expires
    2) Hard to say; it could be the name for the new game, but then again it may not be

okay,but still Empire : total war could mean everything :D

So,we are not a step farther ^^
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

that search has no results for empire totalwar... whats the patent number?

Buddha

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Let us interrogate Sapi further. We might find the secret earlier.
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 08-20-2007 at 16:34.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Word Mark EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computers, computer hardware, and computer products, namely, computer game disks, computer game programs and software, multimedia software recorded on a CD-ROM featuring computer games, computer game software that is downloadable from a global computer network, computer firmware for use in operating computer games, computer mouse pads; electronic games apparatus, namely, computer and video game cartridges, video game cartridges for hand-held electronic game units, computer game cassettes and tapes, and computer game controllers and disks; video game machines for use with television sets; video game cartridges; video game programs; pre-recorded video tapes featuring computer games and children's programs featuring animated characters based on computer games; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of magazines, journals and newsletters in the field of computer games information; interactive entertainment software for playing games in the nature of computer game software; sound and video recordings featuring music and animation for use with computer games; pre-recorded magnetic data carriers featuring television programs and films featuring information on computer games and animated characters based on computer games, cinematographic films featuring information on computer games and animated characters based on computer games, motion picture films for broadcast on television featuring action, adventure, historical documentary drama and game shows and; pre-recorded discs featuring computer games

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Games, toys and playthings, namely, board games, action skill games, card games, hand-held units for playing electronic games; toy action figures and accessories therefor, dolls and accessories therefor; toy vehicles and electronically operated toy vehicles; playsets for dolls and toy action figures and cases for play accessories; toy craft kits comprising molds and molding compounds for making toy figures; toy model vehicles and related accessories sold as units

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing online computer and video games; entertainment in the nature of on-going television and radio programs featuring information on computer and video games, and children's programs featuring animated action characters based on computer video games; production and editing of digital and motion picture films, radio programs and television programs; amusement arcade services
    Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
    Serial Number 78230463
    Filing Date March 26, 2003
    Current Filing Basis 44E
    Original Filing Basis 1B;44D
    Published for Opposition May 31, 2005
    Registration Number 3081563
    Registration Date April 18, 2006
    Owner (REGISTRANT) The Creative Assembly Limited CORPORATION UNITED KINGDOM Weald House Southwater Business Park Southwater Nr. Horsham, West Sussex UNITED KINGDOM RH13 7HE
    Attorney of Record Steven Mancinelli
    Priority Date December 14, 2002
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Also http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/21453 for those interested

Default leipzig announcement

hello people, this is probabaly the wrong place to post this, but CAs announcement for a new game at the leipzig convention is not a Total War strategy game, but a norse-themed console game roughly similar to "God of War".

so, no Shogun or Rome 2 yet.

Default Re: leipzig announcement

Not quite. There will be a new Total War game announced at Leipzig, Viking: Battle for Asgard is a seperate console action game title.

Oh, and as revealed at the official forums, it will be a NEW Total War game.
    Last edited by Jack Lusted; 08-21-2007 at 13:54.
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast