Thread: Barbossa

Default Barbossa

Barbossa died on the second turn of a campaign game by natural causes. I then sieged a castle which I thought I had siege equipment for but it turned out I hadnt so I played out the battle till the timer ran down for which there is no speed up button. Then the whole army disappered on the campaign map. Would this have happened if Barbossa as still the leader?

Default Re: Barbossa

Quote Originally Posted by Lector
    Barbossa died on the second turn of a campaign game by natural causes. I then sieged a castle which I thought I had siege equipment for but it turned out I hadnt so I played out the battle till the timer ran down for which there is no speed up button. Then the whole army disappered on the campaign map. Would this have happened if Barbossa as still the leader?
    Yep because you lost the siege. BEfore the battle there probably was a red square with a skull in it by your army stats. Which means if you lose you lose your entire army.

Default Re: Barbossa

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Yep because you lost the siege. BEfore the battle there probably was a red square with a skull in it by your army stats. Which means if you lose you lose your entire army.
    Frederick Barbarossa died in Asia Minor either of drowning or a heartattack (or perhaps both), while crossing a stream slightly ahead of his army. In actuality, the army of the Holy Roman Empire split into factions and was mostly ineffective during the Third Crusade. Perhaps the idea was that a defeat would be morale breaking.