Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Quick Blitz Ideas please

  1. #1
    Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cometh the hour, Cometh the Caliph
    Posts
    4,859

    Default Quick Blitz Ideas please

    hi all

    I just finished my Moors campaign in 1.2 and I'm going to move on to LTC, but first I'm thinking I'd like to do a quick blitz campaign just to try to be like that pizza guy...

    so, what's the current gold standard quick blitz challenge in 1.2?
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

    Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

  2. #2
    Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    25,559

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    "Be like that pizza guy"... I haven't posted in a while and yet I'm still a celebrity. Oh my.

    I'm taking a break from the game for a while. I'd only been playing it exclusively for months on end.

    I have a challenge for you mad blitzers out there:

    Do a blitz campaign in The Long Road mod. I managed to blitz rush as the Abbasyid Caliphate, the Holy Roman empire, and the Khwarezimid Empire.

    As the Abbasyids, I took out the Khwarezimids, the Syrians, the Egyptians, and the Sultanate of Rum.
    As the HRE, I took out France, England, and the Danes.
    As the Khwarezimids, I took out the Abbasyids, the Syrians, and the Sultanate of Rum.

    Time limit: 100 years.
    (evil, evil laugh)
    Sorry, no screenshots. I filled up my pc with downloads from Itunes and I needed to get rid of space-wasting tgas. And posting on photobucket is getting tiresome.

    Oh, very well. I suppose you want "vanilla" blitz ideas.

    Standard blitzer is the HRE, due to its starting position, starting castles, and the ability to crusade. I vaguely recall that I am the current record holder for blitzing and holding 50 provinces in 16 turns. However, such may not be possible on 1.02, so I'd recommend setting a new standard with that version. Say, 50 provinces by turn 20? Shouldn't be too hard. Not much is different.

    And of course, if you like a challenge, I recommend blitzing as Russia. I believe I managed 50 provinces by turn 45 with Mother Russia. I tip my hat to any who can beat that record. Post proof on your honor that you did not mod the game.

    An interesting challenge? Try blitzing as Poland or Portugal. Takes a while to start crusading, you don't get a good starting position, and your troops don't lend themselves to the blitz. I'll give you a target: Long campaign victory in 30 turns.


    ___________________________
    "I'm a bad wittle boy" -Me, drenched in blood, atop a pile of my enemies.

    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88366 Russian blitz: Total strategy

    My favorite line from the subtitles? And I quote:
    I take Caernarvon, I take Dublin. I butcher the innocent in a manner most troublin.

    I don't usually laugh at my own jokes, but that one made me giggle.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    50 in 16, courtesy of ask.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 08-18-2007 at 09:46.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

  3. #3
    Member Member Mete Han's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    130R
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    Can these blitzes be achieved in 1.0 without any mods... What should be my sensible goals say with HRE with the original game? I like blitzing a lot, Panzer General 2 habits...
    Cruel and Cunning
    Utterly Insane
    Terribly Scarred

  4. #4
    Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    25,559

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    Quote Originally Posted by Mete Han
    Can these blitzes be achieved in 1.0 without any mods... What should be my sensible goals say with HRE with the original game? I like blitzing a lot, Panzer General 2 habits...
    If thee were referring to me, yes, precisely. The 1.0 without mods is how I achieved all my blitz runs. Version 1.0 is affectionately referred to by blitzers as the "orgy of death". If you don't click the end turn button on turn 30 with two empires already destroyed by your hand, you're not doing it right.

    Personally, I feel that serious blitzers should attempt the Old World challenge.

    Conquer EVERY territory (except the American territories, obviously) by turn 60. Need a handicap? Ignore Rome. But take Rome too if you're a seriously bloodthirsty conqueror. (Only applies to Catholics.... if you're orthodox or Muslim you had better take Rome)

    I have achieved this record with England (turn 58) and France (turn 57). I feel that with slightly less skill, turn 60 becomes a challenge.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

  5. #5
    Member Member Mete Han's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    130R
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    I have achieved this record with England (turn 58) and France (turn 57). I feel that with slightly less skill, turn 60 becomes a challenge.[/QUOTE]

    Playing with a muslim faction I can do it but when playing with a catholic faction I like satisfying the pope and I always kinda create the kingdom of heaven and also how can you conquer so many places in europe so fast and avoid getting excommunicated. I guess you do not care but then when an inquisitor kills a general of mine I become very angry.

    When blitzing I guess that you ignore all the expensive city constructions like walls and what not, am I right? I hardly lose battles against the ai in vh but I have some problems maybe with the city management witch hampers my blitzes. After conquering 20 provinces, my armies become to thin to protect every city I conquered and so I slow down to increase the garrisons in the cities. For example, while I was playing with Turks vh vh I conquered about twenty regions in like thirty turns maybe a few more. But then crusades started to come. after that the mongols came. and everybody was my enemy. I think I can use some advice. I mean after all it is too easy to conquer 45 regions in two hundred turns...
    Cruel and Cunning
    Utterly Insane
    Terribly Scarred

  6. #6
    Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    25,559

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    Quote Originally Posted by Mete Han

    Playing with a muslim faction I can do it but when playing with a catholic faction I like satisfying the pope and I always kinda create the kingdom of heaven and also how can you conquer so many places in europe so fast and avoid getting excommunicated. I guess you do not care but then when an inquisitor kills a general of mine I become very angry.

    When blitzing I guess that you ignore all the expensive city constructions like walls and what not, am I right? I hardly lose battles against the ai in vh but I have some problems maybe with the city management witch hampers my blitzes. After conquering 20 provinces, my armies become to thin to protect every city I conquered and so I slow down to increase the garrisons in the cities. For example, while I was playing with Turks vh vh I conquered about twenty regions in like thirty turns maybe a few more. But then crusades started to come. after that the mongols came. and everybody was my enemy. I think I can use some advice. I mean after all it is too easy to conquer 45 regions in two hundred turns...
    Oh thats simple. On version 1.01 the pope is so easy to bribe. You just have to stop attacking when he gets really really mad.
    Avoid actually getting excommed and ignore everything else.

    Protecting cities? Why?

    The AI doesn't know what attacking is, and you're crushing them on their home turf. face your undefended frontier against an ally or a non threat or a corner and blitz in a sweeping forward motion.

    Defense and walls are for turtles.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

  7. #7
    Member Member Mete Han's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    130R
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    Quote Originally Posted by askthepizzaguy
    Oh thats simple. On version 1.01 the pope is so easy to bribe. You just have to stop attacking when he gets really really mad.
    Avoid actually getting excommed and ignore everything else.

    Protecting cities? Why?

    The AI doesn't know what attacking is, and you're crushing them on their home turf. face your undefended frontier against an ally or a non threat or a corner and blitz in a sweeping forward motion.

    Defense and walls are for turtles.
    But it is really hard to have only one frontier. You had multiple frontiers in your HRE blitz, I saw the pictures. But thanx anyway, I will try my best. Ithink England would be great for blitzing. Turks and Sicily (this one because of the location) are cool as well... Russians too. Spain as well....
    Cruel and Cunning
    Utterly Insane
    Terribly Scarred

  8. #8
    Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    25,559

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mete Han
    But it is really hard to have only one frontier. You had multiple frontiers in your HRE blitz, I saw the pictures. But thanx anyway, I will try my best. Ithink England would be great for blitzing. Turks and Sicily (this one because of the location) are cool as well... Russians too. Spain as well....


    Yes, it's true I had multiple fronts on the HRE blitz, but I also had troops on every front. And I merely gambled against a counterattack.

    Basically I charged into a room full of stormtroopers like Han Solo, lasers blasting, without looking back or acting with hesitation. Sometimes a full blown, everything-you-got attack wins against those who play with caution.

    Caution = hesitation = lost initiative = bye bye blitz.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

  9. #9
    Uber Soldat. Member Budwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: Quick Blitz Ideas please

    Quote Originally Posted by askthepizzaguy
    "Be like that pizza guy"... I haven't posted in a while and yet I'm still a celebrity. Oh my.

    I'm taking a break from the game for a while. I'd only been playing it exclusively for months on end.
    Yeah, I haven't played in a while either. Glad to see people follow and miss you though, never hear

    Hey Bud, we miss you or
    Hey Bud, I want you to be with my sister because we like you and want you to stay.

    Oh well, I guess I will play again in a little bit. My girlfriend and I are talking about being done (STupid me for bragging here about her, jinks the whole damn thing) and the girl at work who likes me turns out to REALLY like me. Urggg, why can't life be like M2TW and be easy no matter what.

    ------------------

    Blitzing, try this. Play as a nation with strong calv like France and just use nothing but heavy horse to annialate your opponent. Then, to stop rebellions due to civil disorders, exterminate all of them. Your rep won't matter because your being a demon taking over the world anyways and everyone will hate you for other reasons. If moneys a problem, slash and burn all the buildings BUT THE HAPPINESS/LAW/ECONOMICAL buildings for civil and finance stability.

    HELL, now I am interested in playing again but this time try France. Damn you, I though I was free.
    Work, Girlfriend, Responsibilities, Reality, Kids, and MTW - all things in life make life worth living.

    Edit October 17th, 2007
    Work-Still hate it but I appreciate having it more now.
    Girlfriend - ? - looks like I am helping Nga now. Miss sex though.
    Responsibilities, Too many bills to too little money
    Reality - (Censored)
    Kids - My son is improving a little bit each day, still far behind but I may have more kids in the future.
    MTW - Kingdoms installed but...Urggg, too soon.
    ----------------
    Conclusion, Life is worth Living now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO