Thread: In-game banners and command lines.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default In-game banners and command lines.

As you all can tell, i've been doing some modding that I know nothing about lately. And I need your help once again...

Question #1. Where are the In-game banners assigned? (The symbol that rests above cities and armies on the campaign map)

Question #2. What are command lines? I have a feeling the Show_err or whatever it is will help me. How do I use these?

Thanks in advanced. Eventually I won't have anymore questions. But... not yet.
    Last edited by Zain; 08-18-2007 at 14:48.

Default Re: In-game banners and command lines.

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod -show_err

go to your data folder click search and type banner :0

Other banners search stat

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhawken
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod -show_err

go to your data folder click search and type banner :0

Other banners search stat
    Sorry bro, that wasn't much helpful...

How do I insert the -show_err?

Symbols0 - Symbols8 are where the symbols are... but where are the certain symbols assigned to certain factions...? *look below*

This picture is from M2TW, but it's simply an example of what I'm trying to change. Ignore the bottom arrow.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Most things you never wanted to know about -show_err
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Show_err

The faction symbols are assigned in descr_sm_factions.txt in versions 1.5 and1.6 eg:
    faction sarmatians
    culture roman
    symbol models_strat/symbol_sarmatians.CAS
    rebel_symbol models_strat/symbol_nomad_rebel.CAS
    primary_colour red 255, green 255, blue 141
    secondary_colour red 128, green 128, blue 128
    loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_sarmatians.tga
    standard_index 5
    logo_index 234 ; Index into strat3.rsd
    small_logo_index 248 ; Index into shared.rsd
    triumph_value 5
    the index number gets counted four per page starting on symbols_0 left to right, then top to bottom starting with 0 I think... if you work out a which a few are you can soon figure out how other numbers work.

I did notice on other question you posted though that you seemed to be using an earlier patch - if that hasn't got the standard_index part in you might be stuck

(and sorry that's a BI segment I quoted but principle is the same)
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

I'm understanding this now. I've got 1.3 and 1.5 downloaded, so I will be installing those shortly and seeing if I can get the ball rolling. Thanks for the help.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

I'm answering here instead of scriptorium thread about patching over modded files:

patch will probably overwrite some of modded files, trying to patch over mod is likely to leave you with nothing at all working! Make copies of all files you've modded and save somewhere separate, uninstall and re-install if you don't have a spare clean copy of game and then apply patch.

If you have space make a copy of the clean unpatched version before patching other one. Then compare files before and after patch, if they haven't changed you should be able to re-introduce your modded version. You could always try using the changed files to make mod-folder I suppose just in case it works...

For ones where vanilla file is changed by patch you'll need to go through them individually and make same changes to patched version you did before, or identify what changed in patch and make those changes to modded version if that is quicker...

its liable to be a bit messy I'm afraid - there is a thread in here somewhere (hopefully in answers) about converting mod between patches.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Alright, thank you. After unpacking the .pak files, do I need to delete them or rename them and move the unpacked files in order to have my mods show up?