Thread: Strange Problem (free toothbrush/reply)

Default Strange Problem (free toothbrush/reply)

Hello, I got a problem with M2TW, I only the problem on this computer. This is what happens:

[Campaign]When I click 2 buttoms (it varies), for example when I've marked a unit and then clicked another buttom quickly, the console pops up, keyboard settings comes up, the sound stop working, all banners and flags disappear, and the marked unit/units disappears (imagine when you are going to crush those milaneses, then you're whole army disappear if they're marked..funny...).

In battle mode the same thing happens, but no units disappear.

I wrote about this problem maybe half a year ago, then I were told to update my drivers. And now half a year later a friend told me how to update my drivers (,eh?), I manually updated the drivers even if think that my drivers automaticlly updates.

It must be something with my computer, but who knows what?..

So,,folks,,got any solution?

Thanks
    ///Elias

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Default Re: Strange Problem (free toothbrush/reply)

which buttoms do you hit? Oh,well, as long as you stay of my buttom ! :P

(sorry mate i could not resist ! :D)
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

I'll bet you my free complimentary toothbrush that you have a wireless keyboard, right?

I've heard of many similar, pretty much unsolvable problems with M2TW and wireless keyboards.

wireless [insert whatever] kind of blows with todays tech...

Also, pretty much anything that links to your USB-ports blows too...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedd
    I'll bet you my free complimentary toothbrush that you have a wireless keyboard, right?

I've heard of many similar, pretty much unsolvable problems with M2TW and wireless keyboards.
    That's most likely the problem

A driver update should fix it for you
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Default Sv: Strange Problem (free toothbrush/reply)

Yes, I have a wireless keyboard (never buy wireless!), but as I said there is nothing to update (drivers)... Could it help if you changed the keyboard's language?.. Just a thought..

PS: You'll get your toothbrushes, but it might take a while depending on where you live, also I cannot say if they're unused or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV
    wireless [insert whatever] kind of blows with todays tech...

Also, pretty much anything that links to your USB-ports blows too...
    Whats wrong with Wireless??? I use wireless keyboard, mouse etc, and USB for everything else, and I never have any issues hehe.... M2TW runs fine for me..hehe

but hey, what vid-card do you run and with what driver? I use an older Nvidia driver with my card because the later ones seem to dislike RTW (on my system, RTW plays in the left hand side of the screen with any driver over a certain release) and a few other games on my system, so your issue *might* just be the combination of system setup vs drivers and hardware.
    Posted by John_Longarrow
    Plus there is just something fricking cool about fricking elephants with fricking cannons on their heads.

Nah, we've seen enough examples of this to know almost for sure that it's the wireless.

I do find it hard to imagine that no drivers came with the keyboard, though
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

I have the same issue with my wirefull laptop keyboard

It happens when I try to adjust the brightness of the screen, using the function key and up/down. I guess it's some kind of script leftover from testing days...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Move the receiver further away from the PC. My wireless keyboard & mouse came with a USB dongle but acted up when the dongle was plugged directly into the PC. I was still able to type most of the time in other apps but it was flaky in games. The mouse was just nuts almost all the time. A USB extension cable sorted it out. Don't know if it was interference or signal was blocked by the case or both.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaNasty
    Whats wrong with Wireless??? I use wireless keyboard, mouse etc, and USB for everything else, and I never have any issues hehe.... M2TW runs fine for me..hehe

but hey, what vid-card do you run and with what driver? I use an older Nvidia driver with my card because the later ones seem to dislike RTW (on my system, RTW plays in the left hand side of the screen with any driver over a certain release) and a few other games on my system, so your issue *might* just be the combination of system setup vs drivers and hardware.
    You have obviously never had the flag in Tribes 2 (greatest game ever!) and had your wireless mouse give out, then get shot to pieces...