Thread: Weird events in MTW2

Default Weird events in MTW2

I had a weird event happen in my current Turkish campaign.

I had just completed a full campaign victory, (45 provinces including Constantinople and Jerusalem) and opted to continue playing. I had captured all of the African regions and the entire middle east eliminating Egypt and the Moors and my empire reached as far as Northern Italy along the northern med.

Anyway, I suddenly noticed that I had a full Turkish Army sitting on a ford in the middle of Spain. It did not have a general and only had a range of medium value units in it, but my armies had never invaded Spain and had only fought them over the ownership of Madagascar. (As Guru highlights below I mean't to type Marakesh)

So, is this some rogue band of muslim rebels who suddenly decided to swear allegiance to my Sultan or something?
    Last edited by Didz; 08-20-2007 at 15:13.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Default Re: Weird events in MTW2

Madagascar? Are you serious? Are you playing modded game? I didn't know Madagascar was included in the game...
    I've no idea how that army ended in Spain. My apologies for not answering your question. Maybe your army got lost on its way to Baghdad?

- Guru
    Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

Lightbulb Re: Weird events in MTW2

you either
    bribed them (unlikely)
    they are muslim sympathetic rebels that joined you (unlikely as it dont happen much)
    or a faction was elimanated that you had married into (most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    Madagascar? Are you serious? Are you playing modded game? I didn't know Madagascar was included in the game...
    Lol! sorry I mean't Marakesh.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

The "faction you married into" caught my attention....
    If I marry into a faction, and they break the alliance and, in my resulting rage at their insolence, I kill all the family members in one turn thus eliminating the faction, is there a chance i will get some of their armies/lands? Granted the 'lands' bit would be difficult to do without taking all their settlements in the first place... but hypothetically...

Grand Duke of Zilch Member supadodo's Avatar
    I'm Asian, pick a country in Asia. Most of us look alike anyway.

Just wanted to tell you something...Muslim factions can't have marriages coz they don't have princesses although I did see a mod somewhere that gave princesses to Islamic factions.

And if you did have the mod, wouldn't the eliminated faction's army just go rebel? Marriages just give you an alliance and nothing more.
    Weird Facts I have contemplated

-Thesaurus is not a species of dinosaur.
    -Potassium is not found in potatoes.
    -Its Naples, not Nipples.
    -All roads certainly do not lead to Rome. Does your state highway link you to it?
    - Dog is God spelled backwards but praying to dogs is a bit stupid.
    - Fart is Hydrogen Sulfide with methane and oxygen and is indeed flammable.
    - Igniting a fart is painful.

It wasn't a Jihad'ing army you were sending somewhere, then forgot about once the Jihad finished, was it?

I've done that a couple of times with Crusading armies.... quite a surprise after a bunch of turns a realise you still have an army somewhere hehe...
    Posted by John_Longarrow
    Plus there is just something fricking cool about fricking elephants with fricking cannons on their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaNasty
    It wasn't a Jihad'ing army you were sending somewhere, then forgot about once the Jihad finished, was it?
    Nope....I absolutely certain that I have never even set foot in Spain. Not even with a diplomat. The Spanish invaded Morocco and captured Marakesh off the Moors, whilst I sent an army to Timbuktu and Aguin to capture the trading regions. Leaving Algiers in Moorish hands for most of the game.

As far as I am aware I have never sailed a fleet through the straits of Gibralter or crossed an army over it. I actually thought that the reason I could see part of southern Spain was the result of a Map Information purchase, as up to that point my armies had been fully occupied in Northern Italy dealing with the Milanese or in the East dealing first with the Egyptians and later the Mongols.

I really can't think of any reason why one would have ended up there, or how it would have got there, as I never sent an army to Timbuktu merely a general with a lot of shiny beads for the natives.
    Last edited by Didz; 08-22-2007 at 12:12.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis