Thread: diplomacy

Default diplomacy

Hi all

you guys did a great job with this mod Iam only on my first go and playing as macedonia. I have notived something odd though. While I was playing all of a sudden I notice that I am at war with my former allies the seleuceds. I know I didn´t attack them and they also didn´t attack me. a few turns later I get the message we are on neutral terms again though neither of us requested that??? is diplomacy scripted too or was it a fluke or something in rtw well just wondering if anyone else had that happen.

anyway gotta go gonna get back to whacking some romans after they stabbed me in the back

Default Re: diplomacy

Some free cities are allied to various factions, and if anyone encroaches on them they will suffer war with the allied faction. The advisor should pop up with a message if the script is sending you a war though. Another way is if their city rebelled to your faction, I think that makes for instant war as well.

The neutrality comes from either you allying with their ally or them allying with your ally.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: diplomacy

I guess Pergamon is allied to Seleucids? Because long ago my assault on this city resulted in half-century war (so far).

No, that's not it, it must have been something else, them blockading one of your ports or the like. Here's the list of allied cities triggering wars:

; 6a: Qarthadastim vs. Ptolemaioi (Ammonion)
    ; 6b: Attacks on Chersonesos (KH)
    ; 6c: Attacks on Byzantion (Pontos)
    ; 6d: Halikarnassos (Ptolemaioi)
    ; 6e: Kallatis (Getai)
    ; 6f: Qarthadastim vs. Ptolemaioi (Kyrene)
    ; 6g: Seleukids vs. Ptolemaioi (Kyrene)
    ; 6h: Nikaia (Pontos)
    ; 6i: Pantikapaion (KH)
    ; 6j: KH vs. Pontos (Sinope)
    ; 6k: Thermon (KH)
    ; 6l: Trapezous (KH)
    ; 6m: Qarthadastim vs. Romani (Messana)

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    ; 6e: Kallatis (Getai)
    Hmm, I conquered Kallatis as the Maks in v0.81 but the Getai didn't do anything. I have a weird build, nevermind.

must have had something to do with nikaia cause at first it was a rebel city/town under attack from seleuds not sure if they conquered it and rebelled but all of a sudden I owned it and was at war with seleuds. Wasn´t long though before they came back and requested a truce and trade rights and nikaia (yeah like thats gonna happen) well they settled for 2 out of three