Thread: How to edit strat.txt.strings.bin?

Default How to edit strat.txt.strings.bin?

Has anyone been able to edit this file, and tooltips.txt.strings.bin? I noticed a program on TWC which was supposed to be able to edit them, but it could not. I need to be able to edit the text and tooltips rising over resources, and so far that's inaccessible...

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: How to edit strat.txt.strings.bin?

Well I think it was Re Berengario I who found out quite some while ago that the game regenerates some interesting .strings.bin files if you place one of these untagged files with a correct tag there.
    The generated files contain the tags the game knows, but for them to work you still need to remove a few.
    Long story short, I'll upload them somewhere tomorrow so people can get a hand on them (together with the text files). If you place both in a mod folder they work, I don't know about file_first but it should be fine.

I had planned to add them to a new version of my strings bin converter but so far didn't get around to it.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

By the way, just for everyone else, you don't seem to need file_first, (as long as these are in your own mod folder), and if you just have the text files the game creates the .strings.bin correctly by itself. Alpaca, thanks a great deal!