Thread: screenshots

Default screenshots

How do you add screenshots to AAR's?

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Default Re: screenshots

A. Taking the screenshot:
    1. Ensure anti-aliasing is turned off in graphics options.
    2. Press the Prt Scr [Print Screen] key on your keyboard every time you want a shot taken.
    3. Check out the TGAs folder in your RTW folder. All the screenshots are in here in TGA form.
    4. Use a program such as Paint Shop Pro or the free IrfanView to convert them to JPG.

B. Adding to AAR:
    1. Upload your chosen screenshot(s) to a free image server such as ImageShack, Picoodle, or PhotoBucket. ImageShack has a downloadable toolbar that you can use to upload multiple images.
    2. The server will generate a series of code excerpts for each image. Locate the one labelled "for forums".
    3. Copy and paste this code into your AAR.
    4. Bingo.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    A. Taking the screenshot:
    1. Ensure anti-aliasing is turned off in graphics options.
    2. Press the Prt Scr [Print Screen] key on your keyboard every time you want a shot taken.
    3. Check out the TGAs folder in your RTW folder. All the screenshots are in here in TGA form.
    4. Use a program such as Paint Shop Pro or the free IrfanView to convert them to JPG.

B. Adding to AAR:
    1. Upload your chosen screenshot(s) to a free image server such as ImageShack, Picoodle, or PhotoBucket. ImageShack has a downloadable toolbar that you can use to upload multiple images.
    2. The server will generate a series of code excerpts for each image. Locate the one labelled "for forums".
    3. Copy and paste this code into your AAR.
    4. Bingo.
    Again, here goes Garci'.

As stated by Barbarossa82, you will have to delete this part of the code which is provided with Imageshack.

[IMG]https://img511.imageshack.us/img511/27/wholemap30545syubtsebledt0.th.jpg[/IMG]

Just delete any additional code it comes with it. Added the noparse tags for seeing the code and not the image. If you delete the noparse tag, you will have this:

Please notice its Severous image.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of trying another AAR, my first was a bit of a disaster

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldendunner
    Thanks guys. I'm thinking of trying another AAR, my first was a bit of a disaster
    I suggest you first you write it in a Word doccument, with all the pics, and then post?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

That is a good idea although I only have wordpad not word, I will try image hosting or freeshack or w/e you call it.

How do you get to the folder where your screenshots are?

In your local Rome - Total War/tgas

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Post Re: screenshots

Hi goldendunner,
    To add to what Garciliaso said, your R:TW screenshots are usually located in either "C:\Program Files\Activsion\Rome - Total War\tgas", should you have a standard version of R:TW, not Gold, or in "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War" should you posses the Gold edition.

If you installed R:TW into a custom directory, then you may, unfortunately, have to use the search function to locate the screenshot files.

Hope this helps, good luck, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed