Thread: People that draw

Default People that draw

Ever catch yourself either drawing and EB unit or a "what-if" unit that could have existed in the EB frame ?

I've personally drawn the Sweboz frameman and lancer man . For a made up eastern unit in the period I drew an armored sparabara (farsi speaker what would be the word for armored ? It would look cooler for the caption.)

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Default Re: People that draw

farsi speaker what would be the word for armored ?
    "Zradha" , "Zereh" = Armor

Forgotten Empire

kambiz even though your a native speaker how hard is it to change the tense of a verb in farsi ? Do you have to debate on which tense to use if you used another tense in the same sentence ?

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty
    kambiz even though your a native speaker how hard is it to change the tense of a verb in farsi ? Do you have to debate on which tense to use if you used another tense in the same sentence ?
    Sorry my english is not good (It's terrible infact) and didn't exactly find out your question (tense)?
    However ,the word "Zradha" is an early Pahlavi parsi word. Check some Pahlavi units : "Zradha Pahlavan" ,"Zradha Shivatir". But "Zereh" used(And still using) in late Sassani Parsi. Nowadays we say "Zereh-dar" or "Zerehpoosh" or "Joshandar" or "Ruin-tan" = Armored

ThePersianCataphract may explains better

Regard
    Last edited by kambiz; 08-19-2007 at 11:01.

Forgotten Empire

Tense means the timing of the verb:

To do (infinitive)
    I do (present tense)
    I did (past tense)
    I have done (err... beyond my English. Called perfektum in Norwegian )

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I do (present tense
    I shall do (future tense)
    I was doing (imperfect tense)
    I did (perfect tense)
    I will have done (future perfect tense)
    I had done (pluperfect tense)

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Yeah but you have to keep in mind that some tenses in some languages don't directly correspond with their foreign counterparts.

For example, the perfectum is a classic pitfall. Or rather, how to use it is a classic pitfall.
    Ancient Greeks or Romans would've used it to describe something finished. English on the other hand would use the perfectum to describe a process from the past that's still going on to day - and it would use the imperfectum to describe everything completely finished.
    Germans use it for imperfectum, with certain exceptions. (I was, remains Ich war - but I have done is the same as I did: Ich hab(e) gemacht)
    And to get all your confusion cooking: what about the Dutch? Well, it's completely mixed up! It's hard to pinpoint the do's and don't's with the Dutch perfectum, but it always is (annoyingly) clear when you use it the wrong way in front of a Dutch audience who've been brought up with Dutch as their mothertongue. Basically it's a mix of the English with the German and and a some Greek & Latin for added flavour. So, this is the Dutch equivalent of the Greek Aoristus (litteraly: boundless). And then to think that there is one tense yet even more complex in Dutch: the praesens (present)... English prefectum, French future proche, future, present, present continuous.... Difficult.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Sorry about that. Err... Well... I've never drawn any unit, how's that for on topic .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

i have but i don't have a scanner so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Actually "Zradha" is Avestan for "armour"; The Pahlavî word for armour is actually "Zrêh", very similarly to modern Pârsî. Now Iranian languages do not exactly rely on verbal tenses in order to describe a unit, but rather plays around with adjectives in combinations. For instance let us take the phrase "Tabargânê Êrânshahr", meaning "Iranian axe-bearers" or "Axe-bearers of Êrânshahr" if one will. As we can see what binds the axeman to a nation is the use of -î, -ê or integrated ê, î or in certain cases diaeresis denoting ë and ï, fulfilling the English grammatical features "of" and "-y", "-ey", "-esque" and the binder "with" and so forth (Think in terms of adverbs).

The word for "armoured" in Pahlavî would therefore depend on what you'd like to put first. If "armoured shield-bearer" is the deal, then we have the following combinations:

"Spârburdarê Zrêhgânîg" -> translit. Shield-bearer wearing armour -> Armoured Shield-bearer

or

Payâhdâg-î Zrêhgânîgê pâd Spâr -> translit. Infrantry wearing armour with shield -> Armoured infantry with shield

The former is preferred, it's less obtuse and has more fluidity to it. With the latter confusion may arise if the infantry wears armour with a shield... Besides the adjective bending on "Zrêhgânîgê" is illegal anyways

On the question of strict usage of tenses in common conversation, one is usually very explicit in Pârsî. A speaker may utilize a greater range of verbal tenses due to the fact that entire sentences work like chains. As long as one chain remains uniform with the phrases within, no grammatical error can be made unless deliberately or due to inexperience. Watch this:

I do (present tense) -> Mikonam
    I shall do (future tense) -> Mikonam
    I was doing (imperfect tense) -> Mikardam
    I did (perfect tense) - Kardam
    I will have done (future perfect tense) -> Mikardam
    I had done (pluperfect tense) - Mikardam

Thus tenses do not merely rely on verbs; They do also rely on the entire structure of bending of nouns and adjectives. The "chain" so to speak retains a uniform "harmony" to it, like a choir singing in unison. In difference to English where nouns often may remain in nominative state, in Pârsî nouns and adjectives are linked together through binding terms. In other words, trying to chart Iranian grammar is a bitch

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

I've made a couple of drawings. One a sketch and the other I have not finished.

I don't like to do "what if units". I like to make units that really existed so I use my EB screenshots as a reference.

and thats another reason why I say EB IS THE S****!!!!!!!!!!

I once drew a Sabaen Noble Swordsman, but it looks rather cartoony. I'm not a good artist, if it comes to painting actual humans.

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

TPC , thats not as bad as Amharic . That crap is in the suicide is your only option category of charting grammar .

Quote Originally Posted by The Persian Cataphract
    Actually "Zradha" is Avestan for "armour"; The Pahlavî word for armour is actually "Zrêh", very similarly to modern Pârsî.
    If "Zradha" is an Avestan Parsi word Not a Pahlavi ,So why did you use it for Pahlavi units??? Don't you think we can use the word "Ruin" instead ? So the "Zradha Pahlavan" ,"Zradha Shivatir" would become "Ruiin Pahlavan" and "Ruiin Shivatir". they are better ,aren't?
    I shall do (future tense) -> Mikonam
    I was doing (imperfect tense) -> Mikardam
    I had done (pluperfect tense) - Mikardam
    Though many here do not have any interests in Parsi ,But at least one our friends here is learning Parsi "the_Celt" ,So we should be careful to not confuse him Eh well ,My grammer was never good but mate ,I think you are a little bit wrong. Check this out :

I shall do (future tense) -> Khaham kard
    I was doing (imperfect tense) -> Mikardeh'am
    I had done (pluperfect tense) - Kardeh'am

am i right?

Forgotten Empire

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Well Kambiz, those units happened to be around before I had joined the team, and even then there was a lot of debate if the names were all that legitimate. Without giving away too much, let us just say I took care of things

Quote Originally Posted by Kambiz
    Eh well ,My grammer was never good but mate ,I think you are a little bit wrong. Check this out :

I shall do (future tense) -> Khaham kard
    I was doing (imperfect tense) -> Mikardeh'am
    I had done (pluperfect tense) - Kardeh'am

am i right?
    Heh, I had completely forgotten some of these (Khâham Kard... Wow, it's been ages), though in all honesty the rest may differ from "lahjê" to "lahjê". Y'see, I'm from Khûzestân, so the vernacular is a tad quicker. "Mikardeh'am" therefore sounds a lot like "Mikardam". Oh well, I blame tequila shots

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Carthalo or Karali Member KuKulzA's Avatar

I draw, and sometimes I draw my idea of warriors from the past... and of course that can be greatly influenced by EB due to their awesome portrayal of the 272 BC and on Europe/Middle-East...

I'd love to make a drawing or two for EB, but as they are this late in development and I am not part of the team, I don't know how useful my art would be or if it'd be appreciated / used. I guess it's worth a shot though...
    perhaps a Saka general? or an Indian prince? or a tribal warrior from North Africa? Just thinking of a few interesting and less developed areas of the EB map...

of course there's been incredible work done and art drawn already, so again, not sure what impact my drawing would do

Don't even ask me what was up with the immortal . I tried making a metal face mask to go with the Metal helmet .

Anyway I present to you a pic I drew while stoned .

https://s121.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=drawing.jpg

another one I found in my book

https://s121.photobucket.com/albums/...=lastscan2.jpg
    Last edited by russia almighty; 08-20-2007 at 19:59.

Thumbs up Re: People that draw

I'm from Khûzestân
    Eyy val ,Pas bache jonubi Karet dorost Vulec
    Rasti Ario joon ,Man barat ye PM'e dige dadam. Albate kheili mohem nist. Tosh neveshtam ke age mishe zoodtar kare record ro shoro konin chon man be zoodi bayad beram Sarbazi Va maloom nist kei ,Shayad ta 2-3 hatfte'ye dige shayadam chand mahe dige. Ine ke age mishe zoodtar anjamesh bedim ,Chon mikham natijash ro dar version baadie EB bebinam Damet garm !
    I present to you a pic I drew while stoned .
    Hehe nice one mate ,I like them Only the shield for "Spârburdarê Zrêhgânîg" should be a little bit larger Imo ,But the picture is very close to what I always suppose an Iranian medium spearman could have been

Regards
    Last edited by kambiz; 08-20-2007 at 22:19.

Forgotten Empire

You barbarians and your ethnicy speak (I am joking here . I do this to anyone speaking in a foreign language . Though I usually say it in Spanish or French for a prissy snob effect) .

And one that takes a punch at TPC .

https://s121.photobucket.com/albums/...=lastscan3.jpg

I'll have one for a certain Greek user too . One involving these bad boys kicking some Greek ass and taking names.

My idea is that you'll have a few of these bad boys running . One of the swordsmen pwning a hoplite and a spearman shield classed with a hoplite .
    Last edited by russia almighty; 08-20-2007 at 23:10.

sorry shameless sig test
    Last edited by russia almighty; 08-21-2007 at 00:39.

And one that takes a punch at TPC
    Hehe very nice almighty though of course they are fantacy ! But you're encourage me to draw something ,though my drawing skills is zero (= Terrible)

Forgotten Empire