Thread: Generals Bodyguard

Default Generals Bodyguard

I was wondering after reading some of Barbarossa82's Armenia AAR, why aren't my gb's heavy caterphracts? Any ideas relating to this aspect are greatly welcomed, I want to know everything you know, I dont quite know how to word it but what in the iles makes Romans Praetorian Cavalry, Britons Chariots etc

Thanks in advance

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: Generals Bodyguard

Quote Originally Posted by goldendunner
    I was wondering after reading some of Barbarossa82's Armenia AAR, why aren't my gb's heavy caterphracts? Any ideas relating to this aspect are greatly welcomed, I want to know everything you know, I dont quite know how to word it but what in the iles makes Romans Praetorian Cavalry, Britons Chariots etc

Thanks in advance
    You need to trigger the Marian Reforms.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

I believe he was also playing his own mod where the generals' bodyguard for all non-roman factions automatically started as their post marian versions.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    I believe he was also playing his own mod where the generals' bodyguard for all non-roman factions automatically started as their post marian versions.
    Exactly

That eventually grew into Vanilla Balance Mod, but during the AAR the only changes were the non-Roman generals and the Britons not having a settlement on the continent, everything else was plain, BugFixed, vanilla.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR