Thread: As there seems...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strategos Autokrator Member Megas Pyrrhos's Avatar

Default As there seems...

...to be little happening around here, I thought I'd share this image that I just took in my latest campaign, and shows not just the suspect bipolar drinking problems of makedonian generals (ie. heavy drinker one turn, moderate drinker the next), but the truly bipolar behavior of being both a heavy drinker and someone who rarely drinks....(this is the first time I've seen it this way).

BTW: He must of heard me cheering him on at the Olympics, due to the fact that this general and his father won at the summer Olympics last turn

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Default Re: As there seems...

I guess he could drink rarely, but heavily when he does.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

occasional binge drinker, that works. he's not addicted to alcohol, but he drinks the whole krater when he does have something?

nice garrison too, by the way. all those silver chevrons on argyraspidai? that's scary, man.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

The next turn after this, he lost the Polypotes trait and got it replaced by "Sober" which was more in line with his other drinking trait, and stayed that way for 3-4 turns.

The reason that the argyraspidai, and Euphrantos there, have experience up into the silver chevrons is because I had them sitting in Pella weathering countless assaults from the Epeirotes (thus making Euphrantos "Grizzled" by the time this image was taken). Since I can make argyraspidai at Pella, I just kept retraining those three units, never made any more that those, and the assaults just kept coming and coming.

After Euphrantos beat off that Epeirote army that is seiging his city in the image, the Epeirotes ran out of troops for a few turns, giving me a bit of a breather.

Wow. I see Getae banners over Singidunum, Sarmiszegethusa, Serdike, and Naissos in 248. I've never seen them do so much.

Fight like a meatgrinder

Singidunum is distinctly Roman in Pyrrhos' image. Anyway, those Getai sometimes 'explode'; and sometimes don't do anything.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Singidunum is distinctly Roman in Pyrrhos' image.
    Oops.

Fight like a meatgrinder

they exploded only a few years before 248, almost as if sensing imminent clashes with Rome over territory...