Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

Default What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

No official word of course but what factions would you like to see in Empire total war. For me i would die for a Dutch faction. Because they had the best boats in that time.

Smile Re: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

All the usual bunch of misfits:

English/British
    French
    HRE
    Spain
    Ottoman Empire
    Russian Empire
    Austria
    Prussia
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Lithuiana
    Dutch
    Portugal
    (probably forgetting others)
    “If you want to be happy, be.”
    - Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

Going to the land where men walk without footprints.

Default Re: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

I'd love to see some playable factions in the America's /India's/wherever you're going to colonize and repell the European invaders. Like the Monghol empire in India in the 17th c and such.

Please CA, don't make the mistake and have a HRE faction. Their power was broken in the 30 years war and would best be repersented as each indivuial state or strong rebels.

As for factions I would like to see

England/British
    The Netherlands aka the dutch
    France
    Spain
    Sweden
    Denmark/Norway
    Saxony/Poland
    Baveria
    Austria
    Russia
    Brandenburg
    Pourtagal
    Savoy

An Creimian Khanite could also be fun to play.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Don't worry about the HRE, we already know Prussia are going to be included. So far the official factions are:

Britain
    France
    Prussia
    Spain
    Ottoman Empire
    America (emergent?)

My ideal faction list would be:

Code:
    01. The United Kingdom
    02. The Kingdom of France
    03. The Crown of Castile
    04. The Crown of Aragon
    05. The Kingdom of Portugal
    06. The Kingdom of Sweden
    07. The Kingdom of Denmark
    08. Prussia
    09. The Electorate of Hanover
    10. The Electorate of Saxony
    11. The Electorate of Bavaria
    12. The Austrian Monarchy
    13. The Swiss Confederation
    14. The Duchy of Savoy
    15. The Republic of Venice
    16. The Viceroyalty of the Two Sicilies
    17. The Papal States

18. The Commonwealth of Lithuania and Poland
    19. The Tzardom of Muscovy

20. The Moroccan Empire
    21. The Ottoman Empire
    22. The Crimean Khanate
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 08-23-2007 at 20:05.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

I have nothing to add to the choices I'm seeing so far. It's unfortunate that the timeline just misses Mexico's struggles for independance and declaration as a republic.

Maybe as the first expansion or bonus campaign?
    Last edited by Kraggenmor; 08-23-2007 at 20:16.

"No swords for you wannabes! Get back to poking!"
    - Dopp -

Smile Re: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggenmor
    I have nothing to add to the choices I'm seeing so far. It's unfortunate that the timeline just misses Mexico's struggles for independance and declaration as a republic.

Maybe as the first expansion or bonus campaign?
    Definitely could see the first expansion being an collection of "struggles for independence" wherein you could fight your way to establishing any one of the following countries that "finally gained" their indepedent status in the 19th century:

Italy
    Germany
    Mexico
    Belgium
    Canada
    “If you want to be happy, be.”
    - Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by BoyarPunk
    Definitely could see the first expansion being an collection of "struggles for independence" wherein you could fight your way to establishing any one of the following countries that "finally gained" their indepedent status in the 19th century:

Italy
    Germany
    Mexico
    Belgium
    Canada
    That would be an excellent expansion!

"No swords for you wannabes! Get back to poking!"
    - Dopp -

how could Canada fight for Independence. UK past a law saying Canada had the right to declare independence.

The Netherlands should be in it certainly. It would be nice if its descriptions of units would be very short and to the point to save space. Also, prices of units and buildings should be cheap. It should be the best ration of price/effectivity. The units should also be very poor-looking. All of these kinds of things just to emphasize Dutch greediness
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijo
    The Netherlands should be in it certainly. It would be nice if its descriptions of units would be very short and to the point to save space. Also, prices of units and buildings should be cheap. It should be the best ration of price/effectivity. The units should also be very poor-looking. All of these kinds of things just to emphasize Dutch greediness

Nice!

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

How could Prussia be in the game if IIRC, it was Napoleon you dismantle the HRE ?? What will be the time period of ETW ??

Any hint on that someone ?
    Proving the others wrong does not prove you right.

Being against war is an evidence in itself but peace is nothing but an absence of wars.

If capitalism, and all its vices, is the best humanity can do with its energies when at peace, it might as well start fighting again...

It is said that the people during the Middle Ages when uneducated, gross, naive, fearful of the unknow and uncaring for all but their little pleasures, with the exception of some elites. I can assure you it haven't change to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriote
    How could Prussia be in the game if IIRC, it was Napoleon you dismantle the HRE ?? What will be the time period of ETW ??

I've heard its to be 1700 to 1820.

.... and:

İran-
    İndia-
    China-
    Japan-
    USA-
    Afghanistan-
    Siyam-
    Burma-
    Uzbek khans-
    Fergana khans-
    Habeshistan-

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patriote

I have an awful memorey, but if i remember correctly, the revolutions start in 1784, and napoleon came to power in 1799, and the napoleonic wars finished in about 1815-1820, so these states would exist.

Though regardless of that fact, prussian forces were at waterloo if i remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fate
    I have an awful memorey, but if i remember correctly, the revolutions start in 1784, and napoleon came to power in 1799, and the napoleonic wars finished in about 1815-1820, so these states would exist.

Though regardless of that fact, prussian forces were at waterloo if i remember correctly.
    Yeah they were at Waterloo, I'm sure this will be some kind of factor in the historical battles, assuming the game goes up to 1815. Although it might since the article in another thread states that the American revolution is at the tail end of Empires, and in the official website, it states that the French Revolution is included also.

Of course that opens up another topic which will be saved for another thread, War of 1812 units, US and English soldiers looked quite different from the American Revolution and the War of 1812.

I remember seeing somewhere there'll only be ten playable factions. Or maybe that's ten playable factions at the start.

Just because my ancestry is Prussian I need to give some imput here.

Prussia was a Monarchy before Napoleon founded by Great Elector King Frederick William the first who came to power in 1713.We'll skip a bit of history and goto Napoleon. They lost the war to him and then were "Vassalized". Napoleon did put down the equivalent of the treaty of Versailles on them though and they had to cutback their army size. Prussia spent this time remodeling it's army to the French standards and tactics of the time. In 1805 Britain convinced Austria and Russia to join a Third Coalition against Napoleon Prussia joined as well. Enough boring history here.

Needless to say Prussia was around since 1713

I'm hoping (but not too optimistically) for some Asian factions...

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

The Frenchie Revoulution started in 1789 and went until 1794. Nap became a General and blew the rebs away. His campaigns into Italy started in 1796, and he kept going, conquering Italy, until he reached Egypt. THen the whole Nelson thing, etc,etc.

Confirmed factions so far in Empire:

Britain
    America
    Sweden
    United Provinces(Netherlands)
    Poland-Lithuania
    Russia
    Prussia
    Venice
    Spain
    France
    Ottoman Empire

And there will be around 50 factions in Empire.
    Last edited by Jack Lusted; 08-24-2007 at 09:12.
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brilliant!

Posted to Summary thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atalus
    Just because my ancestry is Prussian I need to give some imput here.

Prussia was a Monarchy before Napoleon founded by Great Elector King Frederick William the first who came to power in 1713.We'll skip a bit of history and goto Napoleon. They lost the war to him and then were "Vassalized". Napoleon did put down the equivalent of the treaty of Versailles on them though and they had to cutback their army size. Prussia spent this time remodeling it's army to the French standards and tactics of the time. In 1805 Britain convinced Austria and Russia to join a Third Coalition against Napoleon Prussia joined as well. Enough boring history here.

Needless to say Prussia was around since 1713
    Being a fan of EU3 I know that its more complicated than that and for anyone else who is interested here's a brief overview from Wikipedia treat it with as much caution as you deem appropriate.

King in Prussia
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

King in Prussia (German: König in Preussen) was a title used by the Electors of Brandenburg from 1701 to 1772. Subsequently they used the title King of Prussia.

The Prince-Elector of Brandenburg was a subject of the Holy Roman Emperor. In addition to his electorate which was part of the Holy Roman Empire, he also ruled the Duchy of Prussia which lay outside of the Empire. In 1701 Elector Frederick III wanted to show his greatness by adopting the title king. At the time there were only three royal titles within the Empire: "King of the Germans" (a title held by the Emperor), "King of Bohemia" (often held by the Emperor as well), and "King of the Romans" (held by the Emperor's heir).

In return for Hohenzollern assistance in the War of the Spanish Succession, Emperor Leopold I allowed Frederick to crown himself "King in Prussia", not "King of Prussia"; Frederick was only an elector in his domains within the borders of the Empire, not a king. Even so, his move was controversial, and only became widely accepted after the Treaty of Utrecht in 1713. The title "King of Prussia" implied lordship over the entire Prussian region, not simply the Duchy of Prussia, and the assumption of such a title by the Hohenzollern margraves would have threatened neighboring Poland; because the province of Royal Prussia was part of the Kingdom of Poland, the Kings of Poland titled themselves Kings of Prussia until 1742.

Throughout the 18th century the power of the Kings in Prussia continued to increase. They were victorious over the Austrian Habsburg Monarchy in the three Silesian Wars, greatly increasing their power through the acquisition of Silesia. King Frederick II adopted the title King of Prussia in 1772, the same year he annexed most of Royal Prussia in the First Partition of Poland.

As for my faction I would choose a free Hamburg
    That would sure be a challenge!

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

My most desired faction is the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, so now that it's officially in...

As long as the diversity of the factions is maintained, the actual faction list is of less importance. The big players are in and the game is still in full development.

It will be a very nice game, no doubt. A real revolution and style break is very welcome.

LZ

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very true. Although M2TW had diversity, it lacked more than a few different names, and one or two unique units per faction. But it looked great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

20 factions :
    Great Britain
    Low countries
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Savoy-Piedmont-Sardinia
    2 Sicilies
    Papal States
    Prussia
    Bavaria
    Austria
    Saxony
    Russia
    Sweden
    Ottoman Empire
    Mamluk Egypt
    Mahratta India
    Imperial China
    American States
    Iroquois Confederacy
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentes
    Hey, this avatar simply looks like ME !!!

Yes indeed Princer Blütcher was their commander. Since the last Holy Roman Emperor was "abdicated" by Napoleon and the Empire itself dissolve in 1806. Although after reading a little on the subject, there seems that Prussia and Austria were already "powers" inside the HRE but would they be included as Emerging factions, the HRE players having to decided which kingdoms he wants to rule from now on ?
    Proving the others wrong does not prove you right.

Being against war is an evidence in itself but peace is nothing but an absence of wars.

If capitalism, and all its vices, is the best humanity can do with its energies when at peace, it might as well start fighting again...

It is said that the people during the Middle Ages when uneducated, gross, naive, fearful of the unknow and uncaring for all but their little pleasures, with the exception of some elites. I can assure you it haven't change to this day.

The HRE is a rather pointless concept by 1700. The different states within the HRE took opposite sides in the great coalition wars.

Bavaria vs Austria (and the Emperor) in the War of the Spanish Succession.
    Prussia and Hannover vs Austria and Saxony in Seven Years War

etc, etc.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Bavaria! Bavaria! Bavaria!

Looking for a rebellious, constantly wrong-side choosing faction????

U found it!!!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast