Thread: The hell? Why can't I open the textures?

Default The hell? Why can't I open the textures?

So I have Paint Shop Pro X, and I downloaded the .DDS plugin (at least I think I did). Basically I downloaded something that was supposed to have the plugin, then put the plugin in the Paint Shop Pro/plugins folder. So I went to open the files. I opened "BARB_GASTAE.TGA" first. It worked! then I went on to open a Julii Hastati texture. It says "plugin cannot read the requested format". It does that with almost all of the files. It let's me open a few, but none of the others.

What's wrong?

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Default Re: The hell? Why can't I open the textures?

The plugin is for photoshop not paint shop, and you have to install it not just stick the exe into the plugin folder. Paint shop will probably let you view .tga files (since you seemed to be able to open one), but it won't be able to open .dds files (these are not .tga files even if they have .tga in the name, that is a naming convention for the game).

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

ah, ok. But the file that I downloaded the DDS plugin from doesn't say how to install it. Am I supposed to double click on the Plugin thing?

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Yes it's an executable (.exe) so you'd have to double click on it to make it run.

Here's a link to the installation instruction to make it work for Paint Shop Pro, when it says dump the content, it means open the file (i.e. install it).

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein