Thread: How Much RAM does EB Use For You?

Default How Much RAM does EB Use For You?

Here's mine...

Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: How Much RAM does EB Use For You?

Mine takes about 750k, not too shaby.

I have like 2GB of ram to play with though.

Mine is around 1.3 gb i have EB+BI with huge unit settings and max video settings

with a resolution of 1280x960

Mine says it is using sometims up to 99% of my cpu's processing power, at 390,000 Kb. I've got 2 gigs of RAM. Does that sound right? I don't quite understand why it's 99% because to me 390,000 KB doesn't sound quite like 99% of 2Gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Mine says it is using sometims up to 99% of my cpu's processing power, at 390,000 Kb. I've got 2 gigs of RAM. Does that sound right? I don't quite understand why it's 99% because to me 390,000 KB doesn't sound quite like 99% of 2Gb.
    Difference between processing power and ram. The 99% is how much of the processors ... processes are being used by the program. The RAM is entirely separate from that.

Mine uses about 600K that I've noticed. running on XP with a Geforce 6600 and an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and 1 gig of RAM in total.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Ah, my processor is slower, yeah. That makes sense. Thanks!

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

I usually use around 350k, and my processor jumps all over the place....sometimes it's at 10% and others 80%, which is suprising considering I have a 2.7 ghz CELERON (if I'm not mistaken, the joke of the processor industry). It seems to do quite fine with Rome anyways, although I don't feel very confident about M:2TW. Oh yeah, running a cheap Radeon 9250. Usually play with large settings, and most other settings on low, no grass, etc. It's good enough for me, and still 10 times better than the sprites and "portrait backgrounds" of M:TW. The one thing I do run is High Unit Detail, just because I like more realistic looking units....the terrain is somewhat secondary.
    Last edited by Bootsiuv; 08-26-2007 at 21:59.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Never check how much memory does EB consumed but the first time I play EB I only using 256Mb RAM and GForce4 MMX system running on huge setting, and now playing it using 512Mb RAM still on huge setting.
    Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.
    The Welfare of The People is The Ultimate Law.

When I was stuck with just 512MB of RAM, the game would frequently slow down after just two battles and would use upwards of 3-400MB as well as a lot of virtual memory (200MB+). Now that I've upgraded (amongst other things) my RAM, it uses 750MB+ and runs significantly smoother, also thanks to a faster CPU.

Hell, I can even keep programs open in the background (MSN, Opera, etc) and still have RAM to spare...

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

175000k from my 256mb ram. Thanks win2000 pro!
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

So, does the amount of RAM R:TW use correlate to the amount of RAM you have in your computer?

It seems that the program uses more RAM when more is available, but can still run on as low as 175 MB. I'm just curious.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

I believe it is scaled to what your computer has but generally the more RAM it can use the better it runs IIRC.

762MB just now for me. Although when I was running with 512MB it would generally use 384MB but after a couple hours it would just be unbearable without restarting the client and loading the saved game. Also, when I closed it earlier it was 762MB physical memory and 750MB virtual memory.
    I'm Batman!