Thread: Aeudi-epeiros alliance script

Default Aeudi-epeiros alliance script

What is it?

Default Re: Aeudi-epeiros alliance script

Well, in my Aedui campaign after I had gained control of Gaul and the Alps, the advisor popped out and told me that Epirotes are requesting my help against inland Illyrians, and wanted me to take Vindobona and Ak-Ink. I agreed to their request and took Vindobona while Epirotes took Ak-Ink. I don't know if there's any "reward" for it, but after a few years Ak-Ink rebelled to me, so I didn't mind.

This is from an eyewitness perspective. I don't know a thing about the script itself.

The script makes Epeiros your ally and spawns Epirote reinforcements to help you out when you come close to the two settlements.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

The spawned character is called Skepas, and has a Illyrioi Thorakitai bodyguard.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

It was a pleasant surprise in my Aedui campaign, I was under some pressure in that part of the world from an unexpectedly strong Epirus & with my attention mostly in the direction of Rome when along came peace with Epirus! :)

Unfortunately I had to abandon that campaign to a CTD soon after :(
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

I've played several Aedui campaigns where I got that scripted alliance, of course only if I wasn't yet allied to Epeiros at the time I had troops near Vindobona. But it isn't always that useful. The epeirote troops never assisted me in taking these cities, and one time they even attacked me in the next turn...

You don't play it very wisely then. You should wait till the Epeirotes themselve besiege the town, and only then should you assault it. Let the Epeirotes do the dirty work...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Hm, ok, I never tried that... But most of the time they just stand there around or walk off into epeirote territory.

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

I believe the same thing happened in an Arverni campaign of mine too....

Unfortunately we cannot order the army to do specific things, only to spawn in the location. Possibly it could be changed to be Aedui/Arverni ownership instead of Epirote.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

No, because some units are not available to the Aedui/Arverni. Also, wouldn't be 'elegant'.

If my guesses are worth anything; it entirely depends on the Epeirotes having conquered the Illyrian tribes & some Thracian ones such as Odrysai/Triballoi whether or not they will actually support you. (Those regions are apparently too tempting for the AI to resist; yet manage to see the Epeirotes off each time in some circumstances.)
    - Tellos Athenaios

I remember when Epirote asked me for support. I couldn't say yes, for I was waging a war of survival against the Romani.

Well, you could have said yes, the alliance will also work if you don't send troops to Vindobona immediately. I'm not sure but I think the epeirote troops do appear as soon as your troops are there, even if its a bit later. And if you get them to besiege the city, one or two units are probably enough.