Thread: Need info on Squaller

Default Need info on Squaller

Ok so im playing today and doing really good i just finished conquering rome and all that and the rome west is decimated(playing as celts) and after i finished all that i started moving in on east rome but two turns in about half of my cities start revolting and when i check their happiness squaller is the only thing affecting it and no matter what i did they continued to revolt until finally 90% of my eastern empire rebelled and then i utterly lost that game so now i need info on how to stop squaller or at least make it less of a problem.
    Last edited by Veho Nex; 08-25-2007 at 23:22.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Default Re: Need info on Squaller

Looks like you need a City Management tutorial. I know where to find one for RTW 1.5, but not BI.

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Something caused those widespread revolts to break out.

If its definately squallor then I can think of only one thing.

Did you enslave captured cities by any chance? The allocation of slaves to already crowded cities might increase the populations so much that additional squallor unrest is caused in a number of cities.

Usually riots are caused by a combination of factors. I suspect there were other factors at play in your Celt empire.

Two other factors that can have widespread effects are religion and moving your capital. Did your faction leader change? If he has a different religion that will impact all cities that are out of alignment.

Do you have a save game position ? Happy to look at a save of your empire in meltdown to see what could be the cause(s).
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Quote Originally Posted by Severous
    Did you enslave captured cities by any chance? The allocation of slaves to already crowded cities might increase the populations so much that additional squallor unrest is caused in a number of cities.

Do you have a save game position ? Happy to look at a save of your empire in meltdown to see what could be the cause(s).

To the first one yes i usually enslave populations never change capital. I guess this means i gotta start slaughtering some populace.

and to the second one. No i usually dont save(its my ultimate gaming flaw) i try and beat a game in one sitting sometimes staying up for 30+hours at a time. but if i ever have a meltdown again ill get some pic's for ya.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

You don't have to slaughter - my advice is before you assault a city, move your governors that are in large cities right next to their city. Then conquer the enemy city, enslave. The slaves will only go to cities with governors (if it's the same as RTW), so you can move your governors to small cities to balance it out.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Use Generals with much influence in cities with much squalor.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love