Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Germany Interactive History Game. Sign-ups.

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

Default Germany Interactive History Game. Sign-ups.

Then let me know.

The year is 1100. Germany is still only a number of splintered states, constantly vying for supremacy over each other. Even the power of the Holy Roman Empire wasn't enough to unite the monarchs of the principalities.

The splintered Empire is a shadow of itself under the rule of Charlemagne, the greatest German King of all time. Only one state can unite Germany under a single banner. One state can stand above all the rest. Which state will that be? Perhaps you can decide.

Your role in the beginning is a simple person among the common folk. Normally, you are ignored by the upper classes, but the Kings and Princes of Germany are desperate for people, and will accept anyone into their ranks, even the peasantry. This opens up normally impossible oppurtunities to you. A lowly peasant with some ability can now become a general. Now is your time. Take the reins of fate and acheive your destiny.

Rules

RP normally, until battles. There is a battle system and it will play out like this:

Once you gain some troops they will have stats attached to them, they are Attack and Defense.

Example:

King Henry
    Troops: 5000
    Attack: 1000/500
    (1000 being attack, 500 being defense)

You can raise troop numbers by RPing looking for men to join your cause. Likewise, you can raise the two attached stats by RPing training your men or looking for armor and weapons, it's really free reign with what you can do. Think outside the box.

When attacking, the results are decided by somewhat risk-like rules. For however many units of 100 of a stat you have, you will get that many dice. Example: 500 Attack stat gets 5 dice when attacking, and 500 defense stat gets 5 dice when being attacked. You may get extra dice through exceptional role-playing and other circumstances, again, think outside the box. Troop count will have an effect on their stats. For example a troop of 500 men will never have a stat of over 200. The stats will range from 1 - 1000.

Battles occur when one side invades another side's province, which province is invaded is decided by the intiator of the attack.

Battles are run like this:

You have three choices when it's your turn in battle: Attack, Retreat and Stand Firm. If you Attack, then it's as above. If you Retreat, your defensive stat drops to 200 if it is over 200, or 50% of your normal defense if it is under 200. If the enemy chooses to pursue, then you may lose a large number of men. Standing Firm will increase your defense by 100 until your next turn.

If there is more than one unit involved in the battle, each side decides the order of their units, and the battle starts from there.

Attacker 1 choose action (Attack, Retreat, Stand Firm)
    Defender 1 choose action
    Attacker 2 choose action
    Defender 2 choose action.

If there is one Defender and multiple attackers, the defender goes after each attacker. Example:

Attacker 1
    Defender
    Attacker 2
    Defender
    Attacker 3
    Defender

And so on.

---

There is a 24 hour limit on acting after the person who precedes you has gone, if you miss this, your turn is skipped and you will not be able to act until next turn. If you feel you'll miss it, PM me with what you want to do before hand, or at least let me know that you're having a person on your side delegate your moves for you. And as a last resort, you can have me choose actions for you. But, as I said, I would need a PM from THAT player.

You may invade other kingdoms, (France, England, Poland, etc.) but be prepared, they are unified countries and have very strong forces. If you defeat them, you will not gain the entire Kingdom, but it will create new provinces and, in turn, more land to conquer. Essentially, the entire map is available to be taken. Likewise, other kingdoms may not sit idly by and be invaded while a feuding country is embroiled in warfare right next to them. But there will be a period of no incursions, just to get all the players settled in.

Rulers, (if you can become one) for the most part, have unlimited power in what they can and can't do, government-wise, but they can't, as an example, draft 100,000 troops whenever they please. It must be realistic.

The factions that are originally in the game are not the only factions there will be, some can emerge, even player controlled kingdoms can emerge, but that requires a sufficient number of troops.

This is not going to be all war-based, you can have a peaceful character who doesn't get involved with military affairs at all.

For your initial RP and all subsequent RPs I would appreciate it if you put your character's name at the top in bold so I know who I'm dealing with, for updating purposes, and if you have troops I would like it if you put your troop count and stats under that:

King Henry
    Troops: 5000
    Stats: 1000/1000

I would also appreciate a summary of what you did in bold at the bottom of each RP.

I will not control a single character, but all of the NPCs, and I will be neutral. Simply, post your actions, I post the outcomes.

Sign-ups never close, if one character dies, you may make a new one, and every person is only allowed one character.

If any clarification is needed on rules, I'll be happy to answer questions.

Territory Information:

Number-Name

1 - Denmark
    2 - Holstein
    3 - Pomerania
    4 - Friesland
    5 - Saxony
    6 - Lusatia
    7 - Lower Lorraine
    8 - Franconia
    9 - Thuringia
    10 - Meissen
    11 - Upper Lorraine
    12 - Swabia
    13 - Bavaria
    14 - Bohemia
    15 - Moravia
    16 - Austria
    17 - Styria
    18 - Burgundy
    19 - Lombardy
    20 - Papal States
    21 - Carinthia
    22 - Verona
    23 - Carnola

Faction Information:

Faction-Ruler-Territory Number

Saxons - King Conrad - 4
    Prussians - King Otto - 3
    Frisians - King Jean - 1
    Swabians - Prince Heinrich - 2
    Bavarians - Prince Henry - 2
    Bohemians - Prince Frederick - 5
    Veronese - Duke Niccolo - 3
    Burgundians - Duke Charles - 1
    Papal Forces - None - 2
    Last edited by Seign Thelas; 08-01-2007 at 20:47.

Default Re: Germany Interactive History Game. Sign-ups.

For your sign-up, give your name, starting province, and background history.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I'm interested, I will read through everything later.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

I will sign up as The Saxons.

Starting Province: Denmark

Name:King Conrad

backgrounf historyL Update later.

There is a 12 hour limit on acting after the person who precedes you has gone, if you miss this, your turn is skipped and you will not be able to act until next turn. If you feel you'll miss it, PM me with what you want to do before hand, or at least let me know that you're having a person on your side delegate your moves for you. And as a last resort, you can have me choose actions for you. But, as I said, I would need a PM from THAT player.
    I have a problem with this rule. It doesn't take into account people like myself and Warluster who live in unusual timezones. We will have a real trouble getting on 12 hours after the person before us, particularly if they do this at the peak time in the US/UK.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

If I extended it to 24 hours, would that be fine?

And you can't be a King or major character right off the bat, you can join the Saxons immediately, but you can't start as them. The rulers are strictly NPC...for now.

Starting Location: Verona
    Name: Steffen Voltgrad
    Background: The son of a fairly well off merchent Steffen has just recently inheirnted the trading company of a couple merchant ships. OCC: Is this fine? or do you want more?
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Holy Roman Emperor Member Frederick_I_Barbarossa's Avatar

VERY interested...will join once I've seen some other people join so that my "signing up" post doesn't look dumb. In effect any trade, lifestyle, and general way of life in early medieval central Europe is "for sale" at this point then?
    Mod Lead for
    EUROPA CRUDUS

Learn more about it or *join the team* HERE

That's fine, as long as you're not nobility you're good. And the background length is up to you.

How about positions within the Church?
    Mod Lead for
    EUROPA CRUDUS

If you want to be a priest or something, that's fine. Just don't go higher than priest, the rest are all somewhat major offices.

I think I'd be interested. Perhaps Saxony.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

I will sign up as the saxon faction

Starting Faction: Saxony

Starting Province: Denmark

Name:Gottman Alfried

background history: Is the son of the finest armorer in Saxony, though there are many competitors. He aspires to become a Knight one day,and reguarly trains.
    Last edited by Warluster; 05-31-2007 at 07:12.

Starting Province: Burgundy
    Faction: Burgundians
    Name: Count Arach
    Background: Born a peasant, Count Arach was knighted when he saved the life of the King of Burgundy at the Battle of Four Rivers. However, in the saving he was left with a horrible limp that has marred his otherwise athletic body since.

I'm going to begin the game when a few more people sign-up.

Remember, sign-ups will never close.

Starting Province: Bavaria
    Faction: Bavarians
    Name: Heinrich Brustcher
    Background: Update shortly...

Province: Thuringia

Faction: Prussians

Name: Frederick

Background: A Franconian by birth, Frederick’s education and training have culminated in an appointment as court musician and tutor in the household of the lords of Thuringia. Duties include education of the younger royals, as well as playing the organ and directing the choir in the royal chapel. He maintains several private connections with his relatives in Franconia, however his pocketbook, and therefore his public allegiance, is owed to his Thuringian masters. He is known throughout the region as an accomplished musician and composer, and several of his choral works have made it as far as the nearby cathedrals. His days are spent between the royal chapel, where he plays both a Matins and Vespers each day as well as rehearses the 3 choirs; and the royal apartments, where he tutors the future rulers of this charming land.
    Mod Lead for
    EUROPA CRUDUS

Beautiful, 5 is enough for a good start. I'll get the RP topic up so we can start.

RP topic is up, feel free to begin playing.

Since sign-ups are still on-going, i might as well join...

Name: Friedrich Meyer

Starting Province:Lusatia

Allegience:Prussia (or is it France?)

Name: Friedrich Meyer

Job:A doctor (Trained by the finest lumberjack in France) currently serving as an aide to the mayor of Cottbus.

Background info: An orphan left in the care of a lumberjack in France. The woodman taught young Friedrich many skills, especially the fine art of cutting a tree, making Fiedrich skilled with an axe. He journeyed into Prussia to find a better life, he did not find it. However, when the mayor of Cottbus was surrounded by rioters and nearly killed, Friedrich managed to drag the mayor out and gave him rudimentary first-aid, as thanks, the mayor gave the young man a job as his aide and further training to make him a proper physician.

I'm still kinda on the fence on whether or not to join this IH. Hopefully in the next couple days or so I'll make up my mind. Stupid indecisiveness...
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Province: Upper Lorraine

Faction: Swabia

Name: Conrad Hohenburg

Background: Born in 1080 to a minor nobleman, Conrad is currently in favour with Otto von Metz, an important noblemen of Upper Lorraine. He is skilled in warfare, and is well reknown for his bravery and valour.

So when do I start roleplaying?(I won't be online tomorrow.)
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 06-02-2007 at 13:23.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The topic is up. Everyone can start. I don't know why we haven't.

You may start roleplaying. The other topic is on this board.

How do we actually role-play?
    Because in a standard rpg we start in the same place and interact with each other from the start, but here we are separated. Any guide would help a lot.

I don't know how to describe it, but it would turn out like you're telling a story about your character's actions. And I give you the results of his actions.

A post should look like this:

King Heinrich(Your character's name)
    Troops: 100
    100/100

King Heinrich's small cavalcade of men made their way silently out of their city by night to retreat to a more suitable location after news of the assassination plot had gotten out, along the way he stopped and set up a small camp a ways off of the road.

"Men," he whispered. "I fear that there may be those in league with the assassins prowling the hillside in the area. We must stay vigilant and alert in order to weather this situation."

His men nodded in unison and swore their lives and swords to protect their King, or die trying.

And with that, Heinrich traveled quite far from the road, but still followed its general direction. Soon he reached his another, smaller castle, and there, he attempted to rebuild his forces after so many had betrayed him and made attempts on his life.

King Heinrich has fled his capital in fear of being assassinated by disgruntled soldiers. He has also attempted to raise troops in a smaller town. (Just a summary of what you've done.)

And you can RP once and then you must wait until I update. Updates will not have set times, but they will be when I have free time to do them. And I will not update until there are at least three posts since my last update.

Update coming soon in the game topic.

Updates are posted.

Nice. So how slowly/quickly does time pass? In terms of years that is.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

There's no set passing of time. The story just flows. It's more driven by story then time, and even with the lack of time, I believe the game will be fine.

I don't know if everyone knows, but as soon as I update you can continue and RP again.

And in reference to the time question again:

If I want time to advance to a certain point, there will be a larger update with information including, usually, landmark events.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast