Thread: Devastation Recovery

Default Devastation Recovery

I have been looking around for a thread on this for the past few hours. I know that devastation is harmful to farming and is caused by enemy armies on your land or sieges and things like that but what I cannot find is how long it takes to dissappear, e.g. one tile of devastation takes say 4 turns to "heal". Anyone know?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Devastation Recovery

I think it's also related to how long the area was devastated - e.g. if the enemy army was in the same spot for ten years then it will take longer for the land to heal than if that army was only present for four turns.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Default Re: Devastation Recovery

Devastation is a factor of size of the enemy and length of time they stood there.

I big army will quickly cause a lot of devastation. A small single rebel wont cause any.

How quickly does it go..dont know. Time is the only healer.

Best not let any enemy stand on your land for too long. Also if you capture a city by siege..will you have caused devastation to the area you are about to capture. Better to capture by assault as quickly as possible.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526