Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

Default Re: Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

To celebrate the 2000th post here at WTW i'll show you a few progress screens for the Goblins and Trolls. So far the heads are (nearly) done. Modeled in 3dsmax and Milkshape3D.

Troll head:

Goblin Heads:

very nice needs textures though for the first one as its barley recognizable
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

indeed,very nice work,i really lice the work(but i think there are more options for the trolls,there have come out new ones,check it out,but this you have done it's very nice,also for the goblins)just don't touch anymore the goblins,there are perfect,but you can add more different heads option for the trolls(the new trolls heads)here is the link http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...166&orignav=13
    "VAE VICTUS"

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Those look outstanding, Alletun. I love the facial expression of the Stone Troll

The expression on the stone troll loks a bit stony..

lol its a troll?!?!? i though it was sposed to be a goblin thats why i though it looked a bit odd

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...log/trolls.htm

Take a look at that page, warhammer Stone Trolls have a VERY distinct look to them, I knew exactly what the model was the moment I saw it, even without a texture. Excellent job, Alletun :D

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

simply gawjus Alletun. I'd love to see the finished unit.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

im curious, have u thought of how many trolls will be in a given unit? will there be 20, or more like 3 or 1, given there strength (and obvious hit point advantage) over other units etc.
    "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge!
    And if you do not listen, the HELL with you
    !"

Conan, "Conan The Barbarian"

the minimum number of units in a group has a lower limit. i think it's 12. I will try and find a work around though. i would prefer 4-6 trolls in a group.

12 ( plus commander/ general if it's the bodyguard unit ) is the minimum on Huge. You can, on smaller unit sizes, have fewer units. That's how many I had on the Bone Giants, and it looked pretty good. On standard sized units, there are 4 of them in a unit. Ideal for Trolls

Any lower and the game crashes.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Great job on the Orcs, are you planning on putting Big'Uns in, or is they just going to be veteran Orc Boyz?

Couldn't you make them have invisible riders? That way you can have a small unit as the crew count towards the limit.

Send the orcs over to bwain this weekend. They are almost done! only need to fix a few glitches, tighten up the skeleton (there are a few stretches which look bad, especially around the neck), 1 more armour type for the black orcs and some shields.

here are some screenys for you:

Are those black orcs all of them or are some ordinary warriors? I cant tell :(
    Wonderfull anyway.. my favorite unit! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun
    *Awesome pictures*
    Those look fantastic!
    You definitely pulled off the orcy look, that's for sure!

wow i wasn't sure if you would get the feel of the orcs right. but i am speachless and they are perfect

By Da gReen HorDE,you really impressed me.i like to much the teeth,i you can add more,pleaze add.but it really awesome,you are indeed a great modeller.also if you can add more shields variatons or heads,(like the shield of the stantard bearer of the black orcs)should be trully awesome.i'm looing forward to see the goblins.a final question,would you make snotlings?i think with the current work would be easy to make and would be the absoloutely bottom of the horde,like the peasants and the crew for the war machines.now that i said about the war machines,is the doom diver possible?finally Aletun if you want to ask me any question about the orcs,pleazse ask.i am an imperial and an orcish player.nice job,keep it up,We wAN'nA Slay saM stUNTiezzzz aZZ SOun AZzz pOziblEEE,,,FO' dA oRCzz WAAAAGHHhhhh.........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Alletun,i think that the most impressive addition in the orcs,and the lastly i believe,should be to make the eyes even more red to look even more evil,then you have made i think the most impressive unit in medieval 2 total war. congratulations,i can't get my eyes out of them,they are @@@ing awesome,great job,give us goblins....................
    "VAE VICTUS"

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

That was pretty fucking amazing. But then again, you've kept such a high standard through out that I wasn't expecting anything less than outstanding. Just perfect. Thanks for taking your time to make them.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves

the eyes could be a bit bigger thought dont stand out much when i look at it again.

"orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves"

C'mon i don't think that this is problem,orcs are definetely violent and evil creatures,a bit more red in the eyes would be awesome.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    "orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves"

C'mon i don't think that this is problem,orcs are definetely violent and evil creatures,a bit more red in the eyes would be awesome.
    Hmm.. I think the Tomb kings (exterminate all the living!!) and vampire counts (Enslave the Mortal weakligs) And Chaos (BLOD!! BLOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!) are quite evil as well..

Orcs.. are youst stupid and dumb. Like kindergarden bullies so to speak. They are not evil.

for the love of god,this is not so important point. evil brings violence,violence brings stupidity,stypidity brings killing as an act.everybody who loves to fight and kill is evil and stupid as an act of violence.orcs hate everybody and love to killilng them,so they are evil creatures(and stupid in progress)...
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by A Norseman
    Hmm.. I think the Tomb kings (exterminate all the living!!) and vampire counts (Enslave the Mortal weakligs) And Chaos (BLOD!! BLOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!) are quite evil as well..

Orcs.. are youst stupid and dumb. Like kindergarden bullies so to speak. They are not evil.
    finally somone who agreese, btw some tomb kings protect the cities of the living. as for chaos i guess yea they are evil.

but they best thing about warhammer is that this is no clear good or evill they is just warhammer

Excellent work Alletun.

The goblins are almost finished. I am particularly proud of the faces, so here are some close ups.

next up: Trolls

this goblins are awesome,i can't even tell you excellent work because this is not enough for such achievement.the only addition that i could told you is maybe (would look brilliant)on that goblin that you have made that is laughing(something like that expression)is to put him teeth (just to two teeth)on each side.would be trully awesome.you are excellent moddeler,for the love of god,how did you manage to make the myscles in the head,the heads are very detailed(only the eye is little difficulte distinctive,but never mind).keep up the good work,now we need DA trolls and DA night goblins.LONG LIVE ALLETUN.........
    "VAE VICTUS"

why don't you add in a couple of heads,a small silver helmets,would be good(a kind of little armour would be good)
    "VAE VICTUS"

wow! now they're some pretty dudes!
    a.k.a Lord hokomoko @ the Lordz Modding Collective

I seem to have a problem with my web browser... those goblins look too good...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast