Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

Default Re: Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

Man.. when i first got into this mod, One of the things i was shure of, was that i wuld not play orks.. Now, i dont know.. (!!!)

Those gobelins are crasy. I love them.
    Last edited by A Norseman; 11-09-2007 at 14:04.

They are units of the highest quality!

One of the best decisions I made was to say yes to Alletun when he offered to work for the mod. He makes nice models... but where he REALLY shines is in the texturing. I can't get close to that standard when I fire up Photoshop. A good texture really brings the things to life and makes it shine.

This is really a showcase faction
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

aww you make me all warm and fuzzy inside

Those Goblins look amazing, definitely a nice unit to play with.

The Orcs look good too but there's one thing that seems a bit strange to me. Their ''nose''(?) seems a bit small and too high on their face.

Am I the only one seeing this, because I was under the impression that their ''nose'' was lower on their face.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

yes i will agree with you,the nose must be a little bigger.keep up the work
    "VAE VICTUS"

looks AWESOME!!!

what colour blood do they spill, cuase im going to spill alot of it!
    "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge!
    And if you do not listen, the HELL with you
    !"

Conan, "Conan The Barbarian"

Fantastic facial textures, I can't believe I actually want to play a goblin army now

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I'm going to chime in here to. You really caught that, what-can-I-get-away-with-today look. with the Goblins.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

I think the units you have made so far are the most impressing out there (maby beacuse of superior screenshots? I think not) If you only added stonetrolls and no more, i still think that they wuld be the visualy most impressing army.

So..you wouldn't be wanting any mounted Goblin units then....
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

no no,we want mounted goblins and boar boys,and doom diver,and night goblins(is fanatic possible?)and boar or wolf chariot(did i forgot something?)yes almost everything(and savage orcs),o my god i gona get a heart attack with this mod,and i am only 17 years old
    WE IS MEAN,WE IS GREEN
    WE IS DA THRASHING WAR MACHINE
    WE ARE DA ORCS
    WAAAGHHHhhhh...........................
    Last edited by alexader; 11-10-2007 at 14:18.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    I'm going to chime in here to. You really caught that, what-can-I-get-away-with-today look. with the Goblins.
    Indeed.
    I can´t wait till I can stomp them into the ground with imperial knights. After all, doing so with great looking enemies is twice as much fun...

Epic work Alletun! What dimensions are the textures, are they bigger than the normal M2TW textures, or is it just because the heads are bigger and can have more detailed textures anyway?

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

@Taranaich:
    the textures have the same dimensions as all other m2tw textures. the head models are bigger so less details will show (think of it as you only have a small amount of butter but a much larger piece of bread to spread it out on ... ) so to compensate for the bigger model i enlarged the textures for the heads. they now take up 3-4 times as much room on the texture file as an average m2tw head. The orcs head texture take up 1/4 of the entire file (!)

Here's an important question for all of you:
    What colors do a stone troll have? im thinking to do it gray-ish, but there are also many pictures with trolls colored blue, green, brown, pink (lol).

Blue is generally the accepted colour.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Hmmm.... I got an idea for fanatics...make them berserk....and have them more spread out along the unit .... Dont know if thats possible tho...

But aint that what fanatics are? Running naked little goblins with massive flails who are drunk and high with mushroom beer?

Sounds like the gaullish uber units from europa barbarorum ;P

Which of course get raped by missiles :P

i think you have to make three units of trolls,firstly the simple troll(or the new that GW have released)make it dark grey in the back torso and more bright grey on the front torso.secondly hou have to make the stone troll which is what you have shown us in the 3dmax.(i talking about the head).make it dark blue on the barck torso and bright blue on the front torso.and finally the river troll which looks too much like a fish,make it dark green with some kind of little detailed blue on the back torso and very little bright(but very little)green on the front torso.three trolls i think must be listed.you can look again at the pictures of GW for more information,but i think i have helped you.can i ask you something Alletun,is that kind of green colour for the goblins good enough?i don't have a problem with it but why you choose this kind of green?and maybe i think you must add some brighter highlights of green on the orcs(just for the plain orcs,not for the black orks,to look more green).keep it up
    Last edited by alexader; 11-12-2007 at 22:22.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Hate to dissagree with you alex, but i love the colour on the gobelins.
    With the trolls, go with what makes you most happy. The warhammer game makes you paint your models any way you want. And i supose the same goes for modders and their colour textures.

yeah me too.i don't have a problem,i just i asked,why he choose this kind of green.i didn't told that i don't like this kind of green,maybe you missunderstood me.also for the trolls would be good to have 3 different kinds of trolls,but if is far too difficult to create 3 kinds of trolls,i will agree,i understand the difficulty....keep up the green tide
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun
    @Taranaich:
    the textures have the same dimensions as all other m2tw textures. the head models are bigger so less details will show (think of it as you only have a small amount of butter but a much larger piece of bread to spread it out on ... ) so to compensate for the bigger model i enlarged the textures for the heads. they now take up 3-4 times as much room on the texture file as an average m2tw head. The orcs head texture take up 1/4 of the entire file (!)
    Ah, I see. Makes perfect sense too, since other parts of the model don't need quite as high a level of detail.

I'm glad the texture dimensions are the same, I was a bit worried you had done something like doubled the texture size, thus making it difficult for sluggish computers like mine!

As for troll colours... Oddly enough, I imagined a sort of slate-blue-grey colour for them, like these chaps:

Though maybe a bit less saturated.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Those goblins are excellent, Alletun. It's an honour working with somebody of your artistic talent.

Those are cool looking gobbo's, I especially like the one that seems to have a David Crockett hat with a red plume.
    Thats a good green for goblins what with the tone of skin being a general pointer to a greenskin's strength or whatever.

Preview of the troll head!
    (screeny taken in milkshape, it looks better in-game )

nice heads,i think it's perfect.good work,keep walking
    "VAE VICTUS"

This looks amazing, really excellent work, these fella's look better than the Mark of Chaos ones! Can't wait. Play Orcs on the TT, I'm gonna be an Orc when Warhammer Online comes out, and gonna play my first campaign in this as an Orc, if all the units are this amazing my eyes will love every bit of that campaign! Don't know TONS about Orcs but I'd be happy to help with info and stuff whenever I can :D

Trolls

(theres overlay blood textures on the next one, they kinda smudge out the underlaying textures)

If/when i get the time i'll make some nifty new kill animations for them.
    Last edited by Alletun; 11-19-2007 at 21:11.

there are awesome but the legs are too thin.would you mind to bulk them up a bitt,but the are still impressive,nice job,keep it up
    just a small suggestion,would be good to include a second weapon,a simple grave stone hammer(from a grave you know),would be nice.it is indeed a impressive work
    "VAE VICTUS"

Good apat from the fact they're standing on twigs not troll legs.

I mean, even a poofy ELF axe could knock those things out! My Runic greataxe needs a CHALLENGE!
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Wow... Those trolls look amazing! Good job! Aside from the legs I see no big problems, and I didn't even notice the legs until it was pointed out *Although that was likely my ignorance... I'm good at being ignorant!*

they look ok but need a bit more muscle
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast