Thread: No Aztecs Here!

Default No Aztecs Here!

I just arrived at the New World as England and all the settlements are rebel settlements with no Aztecs in sight! Where are they? Do they show up later like Mongols do? Is there a mod you must download? I want to fight them!

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Default Re: No Aztecs Here!

Quote Originally Posted by NQuaday
    I just arrived at the New World as England and all the settlements are rebel settlements with no Aztecs in sight! Where are they? Do they show up later like Mongols do? Is there a mod you must download? I want to fight them!
    The New World is Florida, Cuba and parts of Mexico (Southern America). You can only land in Mexico from the North. Once you have landed you will meet the natives (Aztecs)
    Tosa Inu

If you really can't find them, open the console with the ` key and type toggle_fow.... then you'll find them. type it again to turn it off.
    Posted by John_Longarrow
    Plus there is just something fricking cool about fricking elephants with fricking cannons on their heads.

Alright well I;m trying a new game to see if I see them this time. But in the first game I ended up conquerering all of the new world cities without seeing any Aztecs!

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Maybe you missed them? You certianly went south to the land mass there? What settlements did you conquer?

In other words= did you take Northern or Southern America, since they´re in Southern.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

I took the North American town, cuba, and then the three cities of central america. Talaxcala, the other and the Aztecs capital (dont know how to spell it.).

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Well you definitely should have seen the Aztecs then. I remember someone before had this problem, it should be in a thread here. Try doing a search of the forums.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Alright so I had tried to move Aztecs to playable and that may have been the problem. I put them back into the nonplayable and tried a new game. This time I found them and in huge numbers! I want to play as the Aztecs, but how? Everytime I try to play them it simply says victory conditions failed.

There are four landmasses in the Americas. The Florida panhandle has a rebel settlement, Cuba has a Rebel settlement, and northern Brazil has a rebel settlement. You must approach the Yucatan from the north, just west of Cuba, because you can't disembark anywhere else. Yucatan has three Aztec settlements, in a line, from north to south. Have fun. BTW, Aztecs are in game from get-go. Um, if you "toggle_fow", you can mosey over and take a peek.
    Our greatest glory lies not in never having fallen, but in rising every time we fall. Oliver Goldsmith

Hello NQuaday,

That's certainly a wierd error that they are missing. Were there large rebel armies there in Mexico or just small garrisons in the cities?

To be able to play as the Aztecs there's an easy mod
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72291

The only difficulties are moving troops over from Mexico via Merc Carracks and the complete lack of any cavalry/artillery/buildings/agents. You'd think in Europe they should at least be able to hire some Hobilars or Scouts and ballistas.. I got around these problems by judicious use of the move and create character cheats. Also be careful to protect your general, they drop like flies when hit by cav.

Best of luck sacrificing some pagans (re: catholics).